Match Thread Wolves (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopeless, woeful, dreadful defending from start to finish - and little better in front of them

We have dismantled a fair to average Championship back four, and replaced it with a pile of cack

Insipid, drab, and completely shite

Unfortunately we are a pushover away and every team knows it.

We have a bit of quality so we will play some promising stuff but mostly the opposition will sort us out.

The defence looked painfully weak before we started this campaign and has been weakened in close season.

This is all part of a cost cutting exercise - get the wage bill down - which is the main story but untold in the local media. This was a necessary measure but isn't likely to help in terms of results. A long hard season awaits I'm afraid.

I've had a really good weekend so far and it's 11pm here. Why oh why did I decide to watch this? To be honest, we are having more of the match but just look toothless whereas they look like they'll get a spawny break and slam it in the net on most attacks. Turn this one round and I'll be shocked and it will be the proverbial icing on my weekend cake.

Well, that was very unimpressive.

Two weeks to work on our deficiencies and . . . no change at best, we're possibly even worse.

Wrong team, wrong formation, players looking unhappy and unsure of themselves. Nervous, sloppy passing and positioning.

This is nowhere near enough for the level of investment, the quality of players in the squad and the sheer amount of time we've had to wait to mount a proper promotion challenge.

I think NP has done a Micky Adams because he looks to me like he's lost it. He's just making obvious mistakes that he never did in his first spell. I can't see him lasting much longer with these performances.

Well...

You could write a book really.

Both fullbacks look middling to shit. Moore too callow to be relied on consistently. Drinkwater needs 3 touches whenever he receives the ball. Dyer pointless, Vardy willing but limited, Nugent woefully short of confidence.

Morgan, Marshall and Kasper the only ones who come away with any credit.

Yet again we let a decent home win think we can do more of the same away from home, without a moment's thought given to a change of style, tactics, or formation to adapt to playing away.

Last edited:
Frustrating first half. 2 very poor bits of defending

I still think we can get back in this with an early goal. Their defence doesn't look strong. Think Beckford will come in for Dyer or Nuge at half time. King going off might make NP not want to use another sub yet though.

There seems little in the way of spirit between the team nobody really trying to lift each other, we seem quiet and very flat, it is my opinion!!!!

I disagree. I think they are trying, but they look like a team low on ideas and confidence. Mind you, I haven't seen City play confident football for two or three seasons.

Hopeless, woeful, dreadful defending from start to finish...

You do talk bollocks sometimes. Wes Morgan's block on Doyle's shot was quality, as was Schmeical's save against Doyle and Konchesky made one decent slide tackle.

Last edited:
You do talk bollocks sometimes. Wes Morgan's block on Doyle's shot was quality, as was Schmeical's save against Doyle and Konchesky made one decent slide tackle.

Dont be silly. We're losing which means everything we do is shit and we may as well all just give up and accept the inevitability of relegation.

Unless we turn it round. Or until we win next game when well be world beaters again

I think this site has a disproportionate amount of manic depressives.

Unfortunately we are a pushover away and every team knows it.

We have a bit of quality so we will play some promising stuff but mostly the opposition will sort us out.

The defence looked painfully weak before we started this campaign and has been weakened in close season.

This is all part of a cost cutting exercise - get the wage bill down - which is the main story but untold in the local media. This was a necessary measure but isn't likely to help in terms of results. A long hard season awaits I'm afraid.

Sorry, I do not see the logic of this. The players that have gone, have not joined Premier League teams; therefore, they are either being paid a similar amount by other Football League teams, or have taken a pay cut. If the former, obviously all teams don't feel drastic reductions are necessary, if the later, why could we not re-negotiate with any of them?

We'll win 4-3

What about yhe tackles not made and the woefull marking and the loose passing and the mis control when in promising positions and our sharpness in front of goal. Weve had more attempts on goal - 6 but not been vlose enough.

We have to attack them from the start of the 2nd half and get a goal back. They do not look too clever at the back but weve not took advantage of it.

Pity Danns was not on the bench as we need some bite in midfield.

Becks up front, if hes up for it wod be my change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669