Wolves Post match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with a point, shame the way we threw two away though.

Agree with FF, tactively very naive compared to what Mick McCarthy produced.

Started the game positively, but in the 2nd half they didnt retain possession as well and ended up playing deeper. In normal circumstances it would be a decent point, but at the mo we need a win.....badly.

Loving the fact some fans went dressed up as Santa, I bet they had a scream. Pure comedy gold and 10/10 for super cool whackiness

I'm surprised nobody has thought of it before now you know.

Last edited:
Loving the fact some fans went dressed up as Santa, I bet they had a scream. Pure comedy gold and 10/10 for super cool whackiness

I'm surprised nobody has thought of it before know.

The players were going to go as clowns, but they thought the giant shoes would mean we'd miss some chances... oh hang on.

Anyone else think that John Collins John has the striking abilities and prowess of a defender?
He gets into the right places and knows the direction to the goal but can't finish the chances.

Anyone else think that John Collins John has the striking abilities and prowess of a defender?
He gets into the right places and knows the direction to the goal but can't finish the chances.
Yet another example from a long list of Leicester City getting hold of a decent player and destroying him.

Probaly why he has gone from the prem to a shitty championship team

If he was any good he'd have got into a struggling Fulham team.
That's easy to say in hindsight, I don't recall anybody saying this when we signed him!!, The general consensus was that we signed a very good Prem standard player.

Happy with a point, shame the way we threw two away though.

Agree with FF, tactively very naive compared to what Mick McCarthy produced.

I completely agree with that, although to be fair he had far better players available to throw on!

From watching the game on Sky i was impressed with the first half. Solid at the back and quick on the counter attack, just what you should be away at somewhere like wolves.

The second half we looked very nervous, not an ounce of composure in the team, we just panicked. i suppose confidence played a large part in that, and someone to hold the ball up would have helped.

Though if John new how to score we would have had a cusion and maybe been more comfortable. Definite improvement IMO.

I don't think we need another striker, we definitely need midfielders.

I think with the service our strikers will score.

I don't think we need another striker, we definitely need midfielders.

I think with the service our strikers will score.

Obviously not.

Just got back in.

We are great first half and shite second half, John should have scored twice easily, after they scored i thought they were going to put another in as they piled on the pressure. Kisnorbo man of the match for me.

Just back myself and I have to say Clemence was absolutely pitiful today, especially in the second half. The only excuse for his performance would be if he's injured. Chambers was very very poor also and I lost count of the number of times we resorted to aimless hooooooof ball. I had a glance at Ollie's post match comments and I can't believe he doesn't think their heads dropped after the goal, they definitely did. As someone rightly said 4 midfielders and at least one striker next month or we're fecked. By the way the blue mongies almost exploded when Hume scored.

Obviously not.

Just got back in.

We are great first half and shite second half, John should have scored twice easily, after they scored i thought they were going to put another in as they piled on the pressure. Kisnorbo man of the match for me.

Kisnorbo was at fault for their goal in my mind. Cross came in, he was the only one who could possibly stop it from being a goal and he just stood there while their player ran onto it for a simple tap in.

Thought N'Gotty did pretty well in his role. Great ball through to John for his first fluffed chance.
Can't believe he didn't take the second one.

Hume was our best player for me. Was eveywhere in the first half, and it seemed to always be him that gave more energy to our attacks, and also got back and helped out a lot in defence. He seemed to constantly be cutting out their passes around our box. Very quiet second half though, when we went shit.
No one was particularly good today, but thought he was the best of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670