Wolves Post match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Failed to make subs at a critical time in the match - when we were getting overrun and really starting to look out of it and it cost us.

Happy with a point, shame the way we threw two away though.

Agree with FF, tactively very naive compared to what Mick McCarthy produced.

So what options did we have on the bench that could have changed the game.McCarthy had about 6 millions worth to use on the bench,if IH had tem then maybe he could have being as tactically brilliant as the Messiah McCarthy:icon_roll

Just back myself and I have to say Clemence was absolutely pitiful today, especially in the second half. The only excuse for his performance would be if he's injured. Chambers was very very poor also and I lost count of the number of times we resorted to aimless hooooooof ball. I had a glance at Ollie's post match comments and I can't believe he doesn't think their heads dropped after the goal, they definitely did. As someone rightly said 4 midfielders and at least one striker next month or we're fecked. By the way the blue mongies almost exploded when Hume scored.

At least it distracted you from noticing how atrocious Kisnorbo is..I think you are going the wrong matches Ox,its the Emirates you need to be at:icon_wink

Kisnorbo for me is absolute yin/yang. Yin - he is a very competant defender, strong and with great positioning ability. Yang - He loses concentration easily his distribution at the moment is absolutely dreadful. I think a lot of this is confidence however. Look at the difference in players like Rio Ferdinand when playing at Manure vrs England.....

Ollie was on Talksport this morning. Just great.

Kisnorbo for me is absolute yin/yang. Yin - he is a very competant defender, strong and with great positioning ability. Yang - He loses concentration easily his distribution at the moment is absolutely dreadful. I think a lot of this is confidence however. Look at the difference in players like Rio Ferdinand when playing at Manure vrs England.....

Agreed Alex but he's playing for LCFC,we aren't going to get a faultless defender.If we had one he wouldn't be here:102:

At least it distracted you from noticing how atrocious Kisnorbo is..I think you are going the wrong matches Ox,its the Emirates you need to be at:icon_wink

I was trying to forget about Kisnorbo, thanks you've ruined my Christmas :090:

:icon_wink

Last edited:
I was trying to forget about Kisnorbo :090:

Could it be you might be blinkered because hes a Levein player.If you are comparing him to a Premier League/International Defender then I agree but we aren't going to get them type of Defenders.He's has good as most Defenders I've seen in the Championship.I'm not raving over him but I don't think he deserves the slating he gets

Last edited:
Agreed Alex and a few need to remember we are LCFC not Arsenal before slating players.Kisnorbo may not be John Terry,Jamie Carragher and Rio Ferdinand all rolled into one but compared to most other Centre Halfs in this League he is ok,a fair Championship Defender and as good as LCFc are going to get.If you want to see Premier League standard defending then go to The Emirates or Stamford Bridge etc.
I thought we were ok last night,not great but with the bunch of players we had we did ok and at least they tried.They are limited and are not going to produce outstanding football hopefully when Jan comes IH will add some players who are capable of better but until then we have this lot and if they try and are committed then thats all I want.
Collins John may well get better if he gets a run in the team,Strikers need to be sharp and IMO John hasn't played enough games to be sharp enough.Its pointless constantly chopping and changing the line up and we haven't a great deal of choice anyway.The criticism of James Chambers pisses me off a little,judge him when he's played in his correct position i'e Right Back or Right Wing Back,he's not a Midfielder but again I think he gave is all last night and if we are on about our fans destroying players then look no further than Fryatt because he is one of the very few players we have skill and the ability to make something happen but he's slated by a fair few and in the end he will no doubt leave the club and go on to shine elsewhere

great post h :038::038:

Could it be you might be blinkered because hes a Levein player.If you are comparing him to a Premier League/International Defender then I agree but we aren't going to get them type of Defenders.He's has good as most Defenders I've seen in the Championship.I'm not raving over him but I don't think he deserves the slating he gets

I can accept he's about the best we can hope for. However, I think he is shite, and that dichotomy sums up LCFC perfectly.

Sorry guys, and sorry H

H's post wasn't great.

We all know we aren't playing in the premier league, we all know that our players aren't premier leagues standard, and we all know not to compare our players to premier league players.

So, it beggars belief that somebody points this out to us and we applaud the post.

I'm comparing the way we play, to the standard of our current Championship status, and we are now officially the 3rd worst team in this division and set for relegation.

As H said, yesterday wasn't great, it was OK and we did a job. But I'd put my mortgage on that first half performance being the worst that Wolves have played all season, and apart from one wonder goal from a set piece, we couldn't even score past them.

In the second half, Wolves could have, and should have destroyed us, but they genuinely lacked the ability to score.

For once, we found a team that was worse than us, and for once, we had some refereeing decisions go in our favour.

I can accept he's about the best we can hope for. However, I think he is shite, and that dichotomy sums up LCFC perfectly.

You are entitled to your opinion...even though its worthless:icon_wink

Took me nearly 4 years to acheive.
I'm the biggest moaning fecker on here but the nitpicking on last nights perfomance is just OTT imo

And a very perceptive dissertation it was, H

Ollie was on Talksport this morning. Just great.

IMO he should move on lets cash in on him while we can ,i like the bloke but he's just not good enough ,it wouldn't be so bad if he made the **** ups after say a 10 game run but he's like the wind changeable

IMO he should move on lets cash in on him while we can ,i like the bloke but he's just not good enough ,it wouldn't be so bad if he made the **** ups after say a 10 game run but he's like the wind changeable

So our other options are better than Kisnorbo?

You are entitled to your opinion...even though its worthless:icon_wink

I paid £20 for a ticket, travelled for hours, battled through the Christmas shoppers and sat in the freezing cold to watch semi-shite football along with 600 other feck-wits.

However I was given a lovely Christmas card from Ollie and Mandy, so it wasn't a wasted day after all.

I paid £20 for a ticket, travelled for hours, battled through the Christmas shoppers and sat in the freezing cold to watch semi-shite football along with 600 other feck-wits.

But you have seen enough of us this season to know what you are getting.You wouldn't do the same to listen to a band that you knew you weren't going to like.I've not heard you say one positive thing about us after any match you've been to..Why the feck do you put yourself throught it Man?:102:

But you have seen enough of us this season to know what you are getting.You wouldn't do the same to listen to a band that you knew you weren't going to like.I've not heard you say one positive thing about us after any match you've been to..Why the feck do you put yourself throught it Man?:102:

Unless things somehow miraculously change, this will be my last season ticket. I can't stand these charlatans pretending to be professional sportsman any longer.

They have killed it dead for me. My bitterness is growing and after what has been a long, and sometimes difficult, relationship I feel my time is fast reaching its end. Something has died and I take little pleasure from what what I once admired and adored.

(btw I do the lyrics for The Editors)

We all live in hope but there comes a point when we decide something's just not worthwhile. I might be enthusiastic again when we start winning some games and looking like we're actually organised and keen to do our best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669