Wolves Post match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless things somehow miraculously change, this will be my last season ticket. I can't stand these charlatans pretending to be professional sportsman any longer.

They have killed it dead for me. My bitterness is growing and after what has been a long, and sometimes difficult, relationship I feel my time is fast reaching its end. Something has died and I take little pleasure from what what I once admired and adored.

(btw I do the lyrics for The Scissor Sisters)

I thought so..

Agreed Alex but he's playing for LCFC,we aren't going to get a faultless defender.If we had one he wouldn't be here:102:

No defender is faultless, however the mistake he made for the goal is not one i would expect even a league two player to make, so the whole premiership comparison is a redundant one.

You could compare his lack of concentration and awareness last night to sunday league standard, that would be more apt.

No defender is faultless, however the mistake he made for the goal is not one i would expect even a league two player to make, so the whole premiership comparison is a redundant one.

You could compare his lack of concentration and awareness last night to sunday league standard, that would be more apt.

Exactly a mistake,it just amazes me that people insist on singling out one player.Every week its a different playeer who is singled out and then dragged over the coals.People have off day but all in all Patrick Kisnorbo is as good as any defender we have at the club and as good as the majority of defenders in this league.He got MOM in the People and 8 out of 10 etc,so obviously in someone opinion he can't have been that bad

Last edited:
Exactly a mistake,it just amazes me that people insist on singling out one player.Every week its a different playeer who is singled out and then dragged over the coals.People have off day but all i all Patrick Kisnorbo is as good as any defender we have at the club and as good as the majority of defenders in this league

I completely agree that Paddy is as good as we could hope for, he is a good defender, i am not however, willing to just say that because he is the best we have that he cannot and should not some in for criticism when he makes an error.

The error at wolves was not acceptable from any player. I dont expect him to make it.

Overall it is a team performance, but individual players have to accept responsibility sometimes. Im just angry that we lost two points through such terrible school boy defending.

Sorry guys, and sorry H

H's post wasn't great.

We all know we aren't playing in the premier league, we all know that our players aren't premier leagues standard, and we all know not to compare our players to premier league players.

So, it beggars belief that somebody points this out to us and we applaud the post.

I'm comparing the way we play, to the standard of our current Championship status, and we are now officially the 3rd worst team in this division and set for relegation.

As H said, yesterday wasn't great, it was OK and we did a job. But I'd put my mortgage on that first half performance being the worst that Wolves have played all season, and apart from one wonder goal from a set piece, we couldn't even score past them.

In the second half, Wolves could have, and should have destroyed us, but they genuinely lacked the ability to score.

For once, we found a team that was worse than us, and for once, we had some refereeing decisions go in our favour.

The fact is we have some poor players,you seem to think that the players out there last night are better than that,I don't think many of them are but at least they tried.Until new players can be brought in that all I would ask is that the current team tried but if Wolves played to their best and we played to our best then Wolves would win because the fact is they have better players than us.If you are expecting those players we had playng out there to start winning game after game in this League then IMO you are deluded a lot of them are simply not good enough

Last edited:
I completely agree that Paddy is as good as we could hope for, he is a good defender, i am not however, willing to just say that because he is the best we have that he cannot and should not some in for criticism when he makes an error.

The error at wolves was not acceptable from any player. I dont expect him to make it.

Overall it is a team performance, but individual players have to accept responsibility sometimes. Im just angry that we lost two points through such terrible school boy defending.

I agree and maybe I was wrong quoting you.My point is our players will make mistakes etc if they didn't then they wouldn't be playing for us.It just seems in Kisnorbo and afew other cases people are quick to point it out

It just seems in Kisnorbo and afew other cases people are quick to point it out

I want to be level with all my criticism :), it is a given that the likes of Newton and others make ridiculous mistakes, but i dont want it too seem like i only pick out certain types of player for the odd bashing.

To be 100% honest, highlighting errors and weaknesses in our team is not something i enjoy doing, it just seems that the dross we are currently forced to watch make it hard to do anything else.

In the interests of equality i would also like to point out that i was proud of the players fighting spirit in the first half. I have said it before and ill say it again, the majority of Leicester fans are happy when a team shows fight and dedication to the cause, we have never and never will be blessed with the best, but a fighting and determined attitude goes a long way in the Leicester publics eyes, it certainly does in mine.

but if Wolves played to their best and we played to our best then Wolves would win because the fact is they have better players than us.If you are expecting those players we had playng out there to start winning game after game in this League then IMO you are deluded a lot of them are simply not good enough

I was sure that this would be a low scoring game. Neither of these teams can score goals and like most rational people I expected a narrow Wolves win. We caught them on a particularly off day and had we been anything like a football team then we would have won.

To be honest - results like these when an opportunity to gain an unexpected three points is thrown away pave the sure path to relegation. There is no pont in blaming Kisnorbo in my opinion as he is one of have two or three decent players - and one of the three is the departing loanee keeper.

I don't think Holloway ( who I suspect may be out of his depth in the situation he has inherited and that would apply to the vast majority of incoming managers if they had been rash enough to take the job) will be able to bring in many decent players this January.

That said if he finds a couple more decent players to add to Hume and Kisnorbo and sorts out the potentially disastrous keeper situation then I think we will limp to safety. If he can't sort out those issues then I think it is probable now that the present squad will make history by taking Leicester City into the third tier of English football.

The fact is we have some poor players,you seem to think that the players out there last night are better than that,I don't think many of them are but at least they tried.
so how d'you explain the Chelsea, Villa and Watford performances?

But I do agree about Kisnorbo, last season he was our most consistant player and received a lot of complements and plaudits. Now all of a sudden he's treated like a villain, it's bizarre.

All points to lack of bad management and motivation to me, not lack of ability.

so how d'you explain the Chelsea, Villa and Watford performances?

Because players raise their game when they face teams of a superior nature hence Cup upsets.Non League sides beat League opposition it doesn't mean they are better than them or have beeter players.
If its bad management then its bad management by Allen,Burrows,Megson and Holloway.That must be it then not that they are a very mediocre bunch of players:icon_rollIf they are indeed decent players who just aren'tperforming for four managers then I would expect a glut of offers to come in for them come January,at least one manager will be able to see the undoubted potential that you believe is there

Last edited:
Because players raise their game when they face teams of a superior nature
hence Cup upsets.Non League sides beat League opposition it doesn't mean they are better than them or have beeter players.
If its bad management then its bad management by Allen,Burrows,Megson and Holloway.That must be it then not that they are a very mediocre bunch of players:icon_rollIf they are indeed decent players who just aren'tperforming for four managers then I would expect a glut of offers to come in for them come January,at least one manager will be able to see the undoubted potential that you believe is there

Then we should be able to win a few games shortly according to your theory. As we are almost bottom of the league we can confidently expect that our players will lift against every team we play with the exception of Scunny and Preston (from memory I think they're below us).

I don't think our defence is so bad. I just think we need to start creating chances as N'Gotty did when he put John in on goal. If he can do it why can't our midfield? And why wasn't Hayes in the game? Surely he would be our best option on the left wing?

We do need another striker and a few midfielders, which is exactly what Holloway will be looking at getting in. If we get them, and play as a team, I fully expect us to climb back up to midtable obscurity.

And a quality left back would be nice too. Mattock is reserve grade for mine.

Last edited:
And a quality left back would be nice too. Mattock is reserve grade for mine.

Except that Mattock is just a kid who is being played on a regular basis because of needs must. He is also playing in a downright bad team with little or nothing going on in front down the left - except on those occasions when Hayes gets on and then it could be that Mattock might give way for him - and we see the bit of difference even a very ordinary left winger can make.

If the club isn't careful he will be just another case of poor development of young players with possibly some real potential

Except that Mattock is just a kid who is being played on a regular basis because of needs must. He is also playing in a downright bad team with little or nothing going on in front down the left - except on those occasions when Hayes gets on and then it could be that Mattock might give way for him - and we see the bit of difference even a very ordinary left winger can make.

If the club isn't careful he will be just another case of poor development of young players with possibly some real potential

I agree completely. But we looked a better team at the back with Clarke in there. It is still my opinion we need to get a good solid left back in.

Because players raise their game when they face teams of a superior nature hence Cup upsets.

But that comment would imply that Watford are the only 'big' league team we have been able to raise our game for. Surely Wolves, Ipswich, Palace and Sheffield United are 'big' enough for our players to get excited and raise their game for them too?

I think there is more to it than just facing decent opposition. Cup games, fair enough. The Watford game, well come on lets face it, even Allen knew before that one that he would be on his way hence his 'performance' on the centre spot beforehand. Maybe he was able to motivate one final 'big' effort from his team in a way that nobody else has since.

I agree completely. But we looked a better team at the back with Clarke in there. It is still my opinion we need to get a good solid left back in.

And a right back, a central defender, a left midfielder, a central midfielder, a right midfielder, a left sided forward, a forward, and a right sided forward.

Am I on my own here or does anyone else think that we looked better upfront with De Vries in the team? At least he was able to hold the ball up and put others into gaps. just a thought.

Am I on my own here or does anyone else think that we looked better upfront with De Vries in the team? At least he was able to hold the ball up and put others into gaps. just a thought.

Thing is, in a hot desert even your own urine is tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669