Wolves Post match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kisnorbo man of the match for me.

Cost us two points with a tragic piece of defending. On that occasion he had one job to do and that was to stay with one man.

Clemence will now be refered to as mr anonymous, why does he even bother?

Stearman had a cracking game, about time too.

John was simply no where near good enough.

Hume gave the ball away far too often, but also worked his bollocks off to win it back.

Mattock was again deeply out of his depth, im starting to feel sorry for the lad, the pressure this club is putting him under at this age is not good for his development.

Overall i was very happy with the first half as the team demonstrated my number one deamd - FIGHT

Second half was totally unacceptable and undid the good work of the first.

Cost us two points with a tragic piece of defending. On that occasion he had one job to do and that was to stay with one man.

Hume gave the ball away far too often, but also worked his bollocks off to win it back.

Mattock was again deeply out of his depth, im starting to feel sorry for the lad, the pressure this club is putting him under at this age is not good for his development.

Overall i was very happy with the first half as the team demonstrated my number one deamd - FIGHT

I agree with a lot of those statements, especially the ones about Hume and Mattock.

we're 23rd!!! (just checked cos ive been away!!) :(

you have posted everything that was spouted from my mouth shortly after that game finished, well done

Clem actually did just fine for the most-part IMO, and made a few defensive tackles which were mustard. He isn't a Muzzy player, more a Lennon. I think a few need to remember that.

That's easy to say in hindsight, I don't recall anybody saying this when we signed him!!, The general consensus was that we signed a very good Prem standard player.

I did.

I watched the game at a pub full of Fulham supporters. They were happily chanting his name and cheering (ironically) whenever he got near the ball, thankful he was not still there. It was a performance typical of his last year or so at Fulham.

From watching the game on Sky i was impressed with the first half. Solid at the back and quick on the counter attack, just what you should be away at somewhere like wolves.

The second half we looked very nervous, not an ounce of composure in the team, we just panicked. i suppose confidence played a large part in that, and someone to hold the ball up would have helped.

Though if John new how to score we would have had a cusion and maybe been more comfortable. Definite improvement IMO.

Agreed.

Clem actually did just fine for the most-part IMO, and made a few defensive tackles which were mustard. He isn't a Muzzy player, more a Lennon. I think a few need to remember that.

it's not a revelation that Clemence is not the creative midfielder we need, so as a defensive midfielder he should be closing down players, getting his foot in and playing the ball to bring in players around him, for long periods he was prepared to stroll around, stand off and watch the game go by - he is one (or a combination) of four things, injured, unfit, lazy or unmotivated

I think that we do need yet another striker. It is getting a little bit silly that our strikers can seem to find the net.

Agreed. And it's even sillier that some of them can't find it. :icon_bigg

From The Sunday Times

December 23, 2007

Foxes waste chances

Wolves 1 Leicester 1

Richard Lewis at Molineux

A fifth draw in eight matches for Leicester City since Ian Holloway was appointed manager did little to ease their relegation troubles. But in a division where the most common phrase is that “any team can beat any other”, the visitors should have endorsed the saying

Fcuking Dumbo!!!

Even Ollie with his God like status can't possibly play 8 games, Draw 5, lose 4 and win one.

Idiot

Almost spot on Lako

Agreed Alex and a few need to remember we are LCFC not Arsenal before slating players.Kisnorbo may not be John Terry,Jamie Carragher and Rio Ferdinand all rolled into one but compared to most other Centre Halfs in this League he is ok,a fair Championship Defender and as good as LCFc are going to get.If you want to see Premier League standard defending then go to The Emirates or Stamford Bridge etc.
I thought we were ok last night,not great but with the bunch of players we had we did ok and at least they tried.They are limited and are not going to produce outstanding football hopefully when Jan comes IH will add some players who are capable of better but until then we have this lot and if they try and are committed then thats all I want.
Collins John may well get better if he gets a run in the team,Strikers need to be sharp and IMO John hasn't played enough games to be sharp enough.Its pointless constantly chopping and changing the line up and we haven't a great deal of choice anyway.The criticism of James Chambers pisses me off a little,judge him when he's played in his correct position i'e Right Back or Right Wing Back,he's not a Midfielder but again I think he gave is all last night and if we are on about our fans destroying players then look no further than Fryatt because he is one of the very few players we have skill and the ability to make something happen but he's slated by a fair few and in the end he will no doubt leave the club and go on to shine elsewhere

Agreed Alex and a few need to remember we are LCFC not Arsenal before slating players.Kisnorbo may not be John Terry,Jamie Carragher and Rio Ferdinand all rolled into one but compared to most other Centre Halfs in this League he is ok,a fair Championship Defender and as good as LCFc are going to get.If you want to see Premier League standard defending then go to The Emirates or Stamford Bridge etc.
I thought we were ok last night,not great but with the bunch of players we had we did ok and at least they tried.They are limited and are not going to produce outstanding football hopefully when Jan comes IH will add some players who are capable of better but until then we have this lot and if they try and are committed then thats all I want.
Collins John may well get better if he gets a run in the team,Strikers need to be sharp and IMO John hasn't played enough games to be sharp enough.Its pointless constantly chopping and changing the line up and we haven't a great deal of choice anyway.The criticism of James Chambers pisses me off a little,judge him when he's played in his correct position i'e Right Back or Right Wing Back,he's not a Midfielder but again I think he gave is all last night and if we are on about our fans destroying players then look no further than Fryatt because he is one of the very few players we have skill and the ability to make something happen but he's slated by a fair few and in the end he will no doubt leave the club and go on to shine elsewhere

Well said HF

:038::038::038::038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673