Wondered when this would happen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree Melts. There is despair and despair. I'm no stranger to both sorts unfortunately.

But on a LCFC Forum talking about LCFC matters, despair is despair, not despair. Surely?
Yep, can't argue with that. I guess it's all down to relativity and keeping discussions in context.

Totally agree Melts. There is despair and despair. I'm no stranger to both sorts unfortunately.

But on a LCFC Forum talking about LCFC matters, despair is despair, not despair. Surely?

I think you can still ask for a sense of perspective even with LCFC matters on here. And it works both ways. When we beat Barnsley 1-0 on Saturday no doubt Taggs will become the best manager in the clubs history.

We were in Europe seven fecking years ago you ungrateful tossers. We've been in three cup finals in the last ten years. We were in the Prem only four years ago. We've got a shiny new ground rather than the creaking deathtrap we were in then, that every half decent away fan abused relentlessly.

And we won a trophy more recently than feckin Spurs :biggrin:

Some fecking people don't know the meaning of the word despair.

I remember being getting soaked to the skin on the terracing at Port Vale circa 89/90. Pleat had put together another shambolic side that I cringe just thinking about. Rob Johnson at right back etc. Never had a shot. Fecking awful they were. An absolute embarrasment.

We were surrounded by F****t fans giving it the big 'un at work and at school. Fecking parasites. At that time, the last trophy we'd won was 25 years before. We were skint, we were shite, there was no hope whatsoever. And then we went to Middlesbro and got tanked 6-0 with the born-again hero Steve Walsh being sent off for the latest pathetic lunge landing us in even deeper shite. I remember when Steve fecking Walsh was a walking disaster area.

We were in Europe seven fecking years ago you ungrateful tossers. We've been in three cup finals in the last ten years. We were in the Prem only four years ago. We've got a shiny new ground rather than the creaking deathtrap we were in then, that every half decent away fan abused relentlessly.

If you think the last three years have been tough, you should have tried it back then. Fecking Shipman made Mad Mandy look sane. Pleat was the most tactically inept buffoon the world has ever seen. How he gets away with still being a pundit is beyond me. In comparison to Pleat, having Megson was like having Arsene Wenger.

Enjoy it tomorrow afternoon. Believe me, it could be far worse.

Thats all very nice BN, but believe it or not i can only comment on the period i have actually been alive to see :icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669