Wondered when this would happen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

I have been a city fan my entire life, i love my club, im overly passionate about my club and i have continuously and painstakingly defended, bigged up and advertised my belief in my team since i can remember.

I even recall in the midst of last seasons diabolical offering, having such a blind sense of optomism before every game i attended, i was always in the pub thinking 'we should almost certainly do these at home today, 2-0 id say' And right upto this season, this 15 year ritual, no matter how bad we were has always been there, somewhere within me.

Im deeply saddened and weirdly shocked to report that i have felt it slowly changing over the last 2 home games or so, even when i rethink back to the most abismal showings (QPR at home) from last season, i dont recall ever having this feeling for the following game.

Although i dont show it on here often, my feeling have always been possitive when actually attending the game, something i could not control despite form.
Maybe my blue tinters have finally fallen off and i have only just recovered from our deceptively brilliant decade under Mr O'Neil, something i feel the majority of leicester fans have struggled to shake.

I no longer feel we have a right to beat any team, and sadly don't expect us to beat any team in our own home. I think it's fair to say our own clubs approach to home games (tactics wise) have killed my belief in the capability of city, maybe it's even surprising how long it has taken.

Has this spared me misery or will it make me forever miserable? Who knows
But heres hoping and wanting, that this bunch of wankers who make me look stupid so often can make me look stupid come 10pm tonight.

Good luck City, it will be nice to be pleasently surprised for once.

Last edited:
Judging by your age, looks like you grew up in the goldern age of City.

Anyone remembering the late 70's 80's would remember some feckin terrible players and managers. Suffered through it, Pre MON we weren't great then suddenly all came together for a while.

Bound to come back again. We will have our day.

Let the good times role...... again!

Judging by your age, looks like you grew up in the goldern age of City.

Anyone remembering the late 70's 80's would remember some feckin terrible players and managers. Suffered through it, Pre MON we weren't great then suddenly all came together for a while.

I still a psychiatrist once a week. :icon_sad:

It has been worse......

Not for this prolonged amount of time it hasn't.

We have never dropped out of this league before, but last year we were bloody close.

Not arguing on that one

But their last game was classed as a mean local derby and they drew 0-0 with Doncaster.

Nice to see some home wins but that is completely achievable in this division. There should be no discussion entertaing the idea of dropping divisions.

We are a premier league club and we need to start believing it again.

I'm afraid I can't be as confident.

Over the time I have supported the club there have been two main trends - and they are the continuously growing gap between the top clubs in the top division and the rest of that division and also the growing chasm between the top division and the next division.

For instance when I first watched City we were in the second tier - nonetheless visiting sides often had a current England international in their ranks. That is more or less unthinkable now.

The difference in wealth factor means that it is increasingly difficult for a club like Leicester to bridge that gap. The only likely way forward would be for us to get promotion with Milan and then hope that he could sell the club on to a mega rich foreign investor(s). And that wouldn't be easy.

My feelings are 100% proved true

I've felt like this since Peter Taylor took over. We must be sould brothers. I always think city should win before a game, but theres a nagging voice in the back of mind reminding me that we haven't had a bloke who can score 20 goals a season since Gary Lineker. And I think I was ten then.

Oh well here's looking up to a new manager whoever he may be. Again.

Looking on the plus side the new manager cannot be as bad as the one who's just gone, i have never seen a Leicester side play as badly as the last two games.

We have the potential to be a pretty good team in this division, i mean it wasn't long ago we beat Watford 4-1, and they're now top by 9 points! I know that result flattered us a lot, but the players are the same, with one or two exceptions. They don't suddenly become awful in the space of a month.

Get a new man in, and we might start playing some decent stuff and win a few games. Any chance of going up has probably evaporated already, but a solid mid table finish would be alright, going on the last couple of seasons.

Stay positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670