Working hours

What hours does your working week entail ?

• Full time employment including Weekend working

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bad wood usually shows after 12 months as you know, but an employer should have the same rights as a worker. Why should a worker give a weeks notice and go elsewhere, but the employer cannot?

As for the second part, I am well aware it includes bank holidays. But 28 days for somebody on £400 a week the employer now has to find over two grand a year to pay for his holiday. The last couple of years it has added nearly 10 extra days or 2 working weeks. And again the people who were on more holiday pay want that differential to be maintained, they are now looking at 30 days plus.
The next in line is pensions, I have been told the government is looking at the employee has to save 5% of his gross. Broken down to employee saving 1%, government matching his 1% and the ****ing employer stumping up the other 3%.
No wonder companies are falling fast.

Regular performance reviews combined with KPI's along side a rolling contract would prevent any of this.Monthly pay combined with a requirement for a months notice would also ensure you get your required notice period or the choice of withholding pay.

Last edited:
I've always worked Sunday be it in my own business or in the Betting Industry,don't have to work them all but it comes with the job nowadays.There are very few Mon to Fri jobs

The bad wood usually shows after 12 months as you know, but an employer should have the same rights as a worker. Why should a worker give a weeks notice and go elsewhere, but the employer cannot?
All the places I've worked have clearly stated in the contract how much notice either party must give to the other if they wish to terminate their employment :102:

In response to Brauny I would say that whilst i too would be pissed off with working unsocialable hours however he is there by choice and not chained to the company ralings. I have told all my staff they all face the possibilty of redundancy so im sure if offered a secure job (which i believe branuys to be retail warehousing) they would jump at it weekends included.

In response to Brauny I would say that whilst i too would be pissed off with working unsocialable hours however he is there by choice and not chained to the company ralings. I have told all my staff they all face the possibilty of redundancy so im sure if offered a secure job (which i believe branuys to be retail warehousing) they would jump at it weekends included.

:038::038: same for those who moan that they have to take a pay cut they should count themselves lucky that they have to have a pay cut in the first place

When I worked for Hills I was paid salary based on a 37 hour week,I usually did a good few hours more a week but the time was accrued and nobody was paid overtime.It really pissed me off,I'd end up with 3 days off in the week but the first day i was so knackered from working 10 til 10 for the previous few days that i just slept most of it.Fortunately with the new job I am paid for what I work

If people don't like doing the unsocialable hours and I can understand those with families being like that then they are best gritting their teeth and getting on with whilst looking for another job but like I said they might find that a decent paid job with cosy hours are hard to comeby these days.It does seenm that some people don't mind other poor feckers working unsocialable hours so that they can go shopping etc whenever they like but when it comes to them having to do they are up in arms yelling how unfair it all is..

:038::038: same for those who moan that they have to take a pay cut they should count themselves lucky that they have to have a pay cut in the first place

:018: :018: Employers are lucky that they hire me.

Its ok saying people should count themselves lucky they have a job but a paycut for those on a low income already who are struggling to make ends meet can be life or death.Its ok for those who are earning a few quid,just means they can't whack a few hundred in the bank each month for that rainy day but for some poor feckers it means cutting down on things that are neccesities.People seem to turn their back on poverty these days and think its all the person's fault that they are poor.Very much turning into an ''I'm alright Jack,**** you'' society again

Its ok saying people should count themselves lucky they have a job but a paycut for those on a low income already who are struggling to make ends meet can be life or death.Its ok for those who are earning a few quid,just means they can't whack a few hundred in the bank each month for that rainy day but for some poor feckers it means cutting down on things that are neccesities.People seem to turn their back on poverty these days and think its all the person's fault that they are poor.Very much turning into an ''I'm alright Jack,**** you'' society again

ooh get you :):):icon_wink so to use your example if someone on a low income has to take a pay cut but still have a job and the other option is to lose their job and possibly get knack all in income support/benefits then im sure theyd still prefer to have their job. yeah for some people its hard to make ends meet and unfortunately thats the way it is at the moment, this might sound selfish but to me charity starts at home and people pay a lot in things like council tax and heating bills etc but the government arent doing anything about those issues are they to help people out

If that is true, then it is an attitude that will change over the coming couple of years. :icon_conf

ooh get you :):):icon_wink so to use your example if someone on a low income has to take a pay cut but still have a job and the other option is to lose their job and possibly get knack all in income support/benefits then im sure theyd still prefer to have their job. yeah for some people its hard to make ends meet and unfortunately thats the way it is at the moment, this might sound selfish but to me charity starts at home and people pay a lot in things like council tax and heating bills etc but the government arent doing anything about those issues are they to help people out

I think we see just see things completely differently.

do you think companies shouldnt give pay cuts even though they could go bust and everyone loses their job??? to me its damage limitation, but what i dont agree with is the likes of northern rock who are/have dished out bonuses and are likely to do so again in the future when the government/tax payers got them out of the shit

do you think companies shouldnt give pay cuts even though they could go bust and everyone loses their job??? to me its damage limitation, but what i dont agree with is the likes of northern rock who are/have dished out bonuses and are likely to do so again in the future when the government/tax payers got them out of the shit

I never said companies shouldn't do it.I was just showing a little compassion for the people who are hit.Maybe I should be a lot harder and they should be thankful they are on the minimum wage..if they are lucky

I never said companies shouldn't do it.I was just showing a little compassion for the people who are hit.Maybe I should be a lot harder and they should be thankful they are on the minimum wage..if they are lucky

i dont think companies deliberately target low earners when lowering their wages i think its done more out of necessity rather than being cruel, unfortunately we dont live in an ideal world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669