Working hours

What hours does your working week entail ?

• Full time employment including Weekend working

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think companies deliberately target low earners when lowering their wages i think its done more out of necessity rather than being cruel, unfortunately we dont live in an ideal world

Like I said we are poles apart.Do companies not award their fatcats and bosses big rises whilst giving the ones on the bottom rung **** all ? Does that not happen,is that not targetting the lower earners? Maybe if they got rid of some of the middle management they could afford to pay the lower earners a little more and then the lower earners might spend a bit more and the economy might start moving rather than paying the bosses even more money so they can pile even more into their savings accounts
Just an idea,a stupid one no doubt.:102:

Like I said we are poles apart.Do companies not award their fatcats and bosses big rises whilst giving the ones on the bottom rung **** all ? Does that not happen,is that not targetting the lower earners? Maybe if they got rid of some of the middle management they could afford to pay the lower earners a little more and then the lower earners might spend a bit more and the economy might start moving rather than paying the bosses even more money so they can pile even more into their savings accounts

and i agree which was what i put in a previous post about northern rock, its the fat cats who should help out the less well off not you or me

and i agree which was what i put in a previous post about northern rock, its the fat cats who should help out the less well off not you or me

So the lower earnerrs are targetted then:102: Me ?? I am the less well off and I don't mind helping out the less well off if/when I have a bit myself

Last edited:
So the lower earnerrs are targetted then:102: Me ?? I am the less well off and I don't mind helping out the less well off if/when I have a bit myself

so if a total random strange told you they were struggling and they asked you for £50 would you just give it to them??? because i certainly wouldnt!!! i help my sister any way i can but not a total stranger

I don't think it's as black and white as this. People on the bottom rung in a lot of companies receive the same % increases year on year as middle and top management, of course in monetary terms the difference is (or at least normally is) immense, but then it's horses for courses right?

Each job at a company has a worth, a warehouse operative may (on average) earn £7.50 an hour whereas a middle manager may earn £15.00 and so on. Only when you are in a position where you are better at your job then people in your business at the same level then you might expect extra £££ over and above inflation or the going rate.

Pay rates between similar companies in similar sectors are comparable.

Top bosses earn top money based on results and clauses in their contracts allowing them large %'s of pay-offs and bonuses. They are (most of them) in their position because they've worked years to get there, and can then ''relax'' a little and work harder on planning and strategy rather than the day-to-day stuff.

In summary, there has to be low earners, middle earners and top earners in all (most) companies...

so if a total random strange told you they were struggling and they asked you for £50 would you just give it to them??? because i certainly wouldnt!!! i help my sister any way i can but not a total stranger

I wouldn't give a random stranger £50 no of course I wouldn't but if someone I knew was desperate then I would help them out.I would give to a charity that helps these people out.I wouldn't just go throwing money at anybody,that wasn't what i was saying at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669