World cup 2022 Qatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto what i wrote in the 2018 thread!!

Strange decision.

After the risky selection of South Africa, Brazil and Russia you might have thought FIFA would go for a 'safe' bet.

The voters seem more drawn by the ambitious bids than they are the safer ones. Perhaps if we proposed to hold the tournament on the moon we might be in with a chance.

As an ex-resident I'm delighted for them! Excellent country and will put on a great World Cup without a doubt. Only problem is how small the country is as I'm not sure where they will fit all the infrastructure or accommodate all the visitors! The good news is it means minimal travel for people who want to watch the games.

As an ex-resident I'm delighted for them! Excellent country and will put on a great World Cup without a doubt. Only problem is how small the country is as I'm not sure where they will fit all the infrastructure or accommodate all the visitors! The good news is it means minimal travel for people who want to watch the games.

I seem to remember that one of the stadiums was only reachable by 'water taxi', is that right?

I can understand (to a degree) 2018 going to Russia, but this is an absolute farce. It's become more like the F1 circus.

They won the bid by promising they'd demolish the stadia after the tournament and send the pieces to the Third World to be re-assembled.

... so Forest will get a new ground after all.

After all the stories about corruption within Fifa you would have thought they would have been a little less obvious.

I seem to remember that one of the stadiums was only reachable by 'water taxi', is that right?

Not sure - it's been 12 years since I was there and back then the football stadiums didn't even have seats...it was simply just tiered concrete blocks covered in empty nut shells.

Wasnt there talk of the stadiums in Qatar having roofs and air conditioning due to the heat in the summer?

There's only 1 city in Qatar!

Maybe we should just apply as Leicester in 2030 - if we can enough money in the right hands we'd be a definite winner.

Very weird decision! I was hoping it would go to Australia.

Qatar didn't even have people from their own country representing the bid it seemed.

Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670