World cup 2022 Qatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
‎'Under Qatar's Sharia, it is illegal to show alcohol or be drunk in public.'

Should be interesting...

Qatar have also promised to reduce waiting times at the world cup. An official spokesman said "Thats right there will be no queues here!"

Will this be the first time it's been held in a country that's not a democracy?

Argentina '78

And at least opponents of the Qatari government don't get 'disappeared' (to the best of my knowledge anyway)

Last edited:
Argentina '78

And at least opponents of the Qatari government don't get 'disappeared' (to the best of my knowledge anyway)

Mussolini's Italy hosted the 1934 WC, but at least the trains ran on time.

I think the cancelled 1942 games were due to be held in Nazi Germany - that would have been fun.

i have read somehwere they will allow it in designated fan parks.

Oh and they will also allow gays and jews in.

I'm going to assume that it was only the first part of this that you were referring back to my quote.

But either way, thanks for the info. :icon_bigg

Mussolini's Italy hosted the 1934 WC, but at least the trains ran on time.

But were they free?

I think the cancelled 1942 games were due to be held in Nazi Germany - that would have been fun.

The super-confident Germany applied for them on the back of the 'successful' 1936 Berlin Olympics. They had already however been promised to Brazil.

Germany was one of the bids on the table but no host had been selected.

It was pretty clear though that the 1942 World Cup would not be in Europe because of the row put up by the South Americans, when the 1938 competition went to France, the previous one having been in Italy. At least two South American teams (Argentina?, Uruguay?) boycotted 1938 and more would have not come to Europe in 1942 - hence the promise that it would be played in Brazil.

qatar...never qualified...

everyone will be hoping to get in their group...

qatar...never qualified...

everyone will be hoping to get in their group...

The only advantage they may have is being accustomed to the heat or, if as planned, they'll surely have had more practice of playing in the air-conditioned stadiums.

I'm still struggling to name a Qatari player though, except Zidane of course......

Sorry, I knew that - he was just an ambassador for their bid for some reason (well, the reason was surely $$$...).

Doesn't Scolari manage a team out there and Rivaldo play for him?:102:

Some people think that qatar have never qualified...

wolstenholme said:
They have now!

I'm still struggling to name a Qatari player though, except Zidane of course......

Don't worry - by the time 2022 comes, FIFA will have decreed that all the 'developing football nations' will be allowed first dibs on players from all over the world to ensure equality and fairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669