Worse position than Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
beighton155 said:
Thanks babylon I did mean the youth team.

I assure you I am neither a wind up merchant or an attention seeker, I honestly although apparantly mistakenly thought, that I would be able to post an opinion here without being shot in the street :frown:

I personall think Heath was a good solid defender, this is no stranger than people thinking Elvis Hammond is a good striker or Alan Rogers was a good defender. There will always be players who divide opinions, surely I don't deserver to be slaughtered for likeing Heath and TW.

Maybe if I bent over and accepted what you are saying I would fit in here?

CL is doing a great job, 4 wins from 15 games (not counting the dismal end to last season) - spiffing.
MDV-astounding! Never mind the fact that 2 of his goals were against Blackpool (tho Tommy Wright scoring against that class of team is no good!). I am sure if you stood a skittle in the box and hit enough balls at it some would go in.
Hammond - One goal in his career, natural striker if you ask me!

Thanks for making a "newbie" feel welcome, it's like back at primary school, if you have a different opinion you have to play on the swings alone!

Seeing as 99% of the people who sit around me in the South Stand agree with me (certain observations of mine are from them, i just agree with them) I don't feel the need for justification from you lot. I honestly though a pleasant discussion whilst I'm at work might lighten the day up. Now I might go and burn my season ticket as I am obviously not a worthy LCFC fan.
Shame on you naughty boys

I think everyone would agree that we aren't exactly great at the moment, and yes points wise we are no better off than under Adams.

The thing is, everything else Levein has changed gives us a much better chance of being a lot better off in the long term than under Adams.

Welcome... don't let them scare you off (yet)

beighton155 said:
And just out of interest, how many of you would have been quite as angry at me had we performed against Cov the way we played against Burnley and lost?

I've always said CL needs at least this season to have a chance of building something. therefore I would still be arguing against your points. THe only reason CL should be sacked is if we get relegated.

Willlow said:
The only reason you have received stick is because you say stupid things. If i suggested that IMO we have a Premiership team and we will finish in the automatic promotion places.

or

I think MDV should be playing in the Champions League and I wouldnt be surprised if Real Madrid or AC Milan made a bid for him in January

I would get similar abuse!

I think if you went on a Covscum fans forum you would see that Heath is by no means a solid defender. They have realised how poor he is and cant believe MA bought him in.

Forgive me. I based my opinion when he was here, I can honestly hold my hands up and say I haven't followed his progress at Cov.

I can't believe the controvesy my opinion of one player has caused!

A simple "I disagree, Heath is shite" from people would have sufficed!

It's not really just that point though, you titled your thread 'worse position than Adams'. Do you really beleive that?

Dunc said:
I've always said CL needs at least this season to have a chance of building something. therefore I would still be arguing against your points. THe only reason CL should be sacked is if we get relegated.

So you are telling me that if, and only if, the guy sends us to our lowest league position in the clubs history should he be fired?

If he had come in in the summer, I would whole heartedly agree with you. But he had almost half of last season aswell.

I am very worried, and that may be the reason I am perceaved to be talking bo**ox

beighton155 said:
So you are telling me that if, and only if, the guy sends us to our lowest league position in the clubs history should he be fired?

If he had come in in the summer, I would whole heartedly agree with you. But he had almost half of last season aswell.

I am very worried, and that may be the reason I am perceaved to be talking bo**ox

Half of the the league is in a worse position than us... don't worry, be happy.

DurhamFox said:
It's not really just that point though, you titled your thread 'worse position than Adams'. Do you really beleive that?

The sad thing is Durham some people probably do

Hasnt MA been at Cov for some time now and look how he has changed them around! Wait a minute...:icon_roll :icon_roll

last season he was still tinkering with the bollocks that MA had left behind. when we beat coventry last season our goalkeeper was Pressman. jordan stewart was knocking about until may, as were a few other unsavoury turds in our lineup

Willlow said:
The sad thing is Durham some people probably do

Hasnt MA been at Cov for some time now and look how he has changed them around! Wait a minute...:icon_roll :icon_roll

Coventry reminded me of Leicester last year under Micky - devoid of ideas, route one football, slow ageing players.

beighton155 said:

Where he had to get rid of all the crap MA had bought. You can only judge him on this season and the sqaud he has now. People said they would be happy with mid table this season and look where we are!

DurhamFox said:
Coventry reminded me of Leicester last year under Micky - devoid of ideas, route one football, slow ageing players.

The reason it reminds you of Leicester last year is because its nearly the same line up :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Although this slow ageing players means that players could stay at their peak for longer surely? :icon_conf :icon_lol:

DurhamFox said:

No, I think my title is perhaps the reason this has got out of hand. It was meant to be a question, not an opinion.

My worry is that towards the end of last season we had a mild relegation battle. This season, we are in the same position points wise as this time last year, and I am not convinced that a manager who has never been through a rough, tough English relegation battle would know how to handle it, and I don't believe our players have the passion.

I am worried that CL will take us too far down the table that any new manager will not have enough time to avoid relegation.

To confirm: Adams was a tit, I just question whether CL has enough about him to keep us up. It concerned me the other week when he mentioned that set pieces play an important role in English football. I think he has the potential to be an excellent manager, but he doesn't know the English game and maybe needed a better man behind him teaching him the ropes?

I just yearn for the days when we had some passion in the team, Steve Walsh must be turning in his Spanish Golf Resort!

Reactionary City fans, I never realised they existed.

Fickle Boneheads.

beighton155 said:
No, I think my title is perhaps the reason this has got out of hand. It was meant to be a question, not an opinion.

My worry is that towards the end of last season we had a mild relegation battle. This season, we are in the same position points wise as this time last year, and I am not convinced that a manager who has never been through a rough, tough English relegation battle would know how to handle it, and I don't believe our players have the passion.

I am worried that CL will take us too far down the table that any new manager will not have enough time to avoid relegation.

To confirm: Adams was a tit, I just question whether CL has enough about him to keep us up. It concerned me the other week when he mentioned that set pieces play an important role in English football. I think he has the potential to be an excellent manager, but he doesn't know the English game and maybe needed a better man behind him teaching him the ropes?

I just yearn for the days when we had some passion in the team, Steve Walsh must be turning in his Spanish Golf Resort!

I agree with your point, he must. The sooner he is involved the better, it you ask me.

Dunc said:
Reactionary City fans, I never realised they existed.

Fickle Boneheads.

Dig at me or somebody else? My "fickle bonehead" (wow I feel 8 years old again!) couldn't understand what you were implying!

beighton155 said:

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but we are 13th and not bottom of the league.

We survived a relegation battle under him last year.

DurhamFox said:
I agree with your point, he must. The sooner he is involved the better, it you ask me.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Bring back Walshie and TC that partnership would see us getting into the Premiership!!!

beighton155 said:
Dig at me or somebody else? My "fickle bonehead" (wow I feel 8 years old again!) couldn't understand what you were implying!

its what MA's arse licker chandler that used to post on here called everyone

in what capacity durham?? how to cop off with your team-mates mrs :102: :icon_lol:

beighton155 said:

ha ha it's an old board joke don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669