Worse position than Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
beighton155 said:
Dig at me or somebody else? My "fickle bonehead" (wow I feel 8 years old again!) couldn't understand what you were implying!

ARE YOU CHANDLER IN DISGUISE?

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Willlow said:
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Bring back Walshie and TC that partnership would see us getting into the Premiership!!!

I will take this opportunity to apologise for the masses that I have offended by my reference to MA, this being my first hour on the forum I honestly never expected this kind of backlash!

To sum up, I think MA was a tit, I wish CL all the best, I am not a Cov fan, Rams fan or any other derogatory name, nor am I a windup merchant.

In the interest of keeping the peace I will agree to disagree and give CL until May. I just hope we don't all regret it.

If we don't manage to get Walsh, we will end up with Dublin in the back somewhere, we all know it!

Willlow said:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Ha I wish, he can get away with sarcasm, it just get's me in more trouble! Anyone would think that life is not a sitcom!

beighton155 said:
I will take this opportunity to apologise for the masses that I have offended by my reference to MA, this being my first hour on the forum I honestly never expected this kind of backlash!

To sum up, I think MA was a tit, I wish CL all the best, I am not a Cov fan, Rams fan or any other derogatory name, nor am I a windup merchant.

In the interest of keeping the peace I will agree to disagree and give CL until May. I just hope we don't all regret it.

If we don't manage to get Walsh, we will end up with Dublin in the back somewhere, we all know it![/quote]

If it did happen why would it be a bad thing? A Leicester lad wanting to help his home team out! Walshie would only sign players who had good looking wives!

I think my problem is that my formative years as a fan (when I started with a season ticket) where under the O'Neil reign, I still cry at night knowing we will never shine that bright again!

Willlow said:
beighton155 said:

If we don't manage to get Walsh, we will end up with Dublin in the back somewhere, we all know it![/quote]

If it did happen why would it be a bad thing? A Leicester lad wanting to help his home team out! Walshie would only sign players who had good looking wives!

This is quite true, we'd get Ian Walker back then for a start! Dublin is a nice chap, not sure of his credentials! I can't really slag of CL for lack of experience then jump at the chance for a player/manager!

If CL is given time to allow his team to grow for the next 18months you might see us in the Prem before long.

I reckon we have the start of a decent team, I very much doubt we'll see consistant evidence this season (a finish of around mid table is what I've predicted since Aug) but with a couple of new additions in the next year we'll have a squad thats young, hungry and ambitious, and with a bit of quality too.

Dunc said:
If CL is given time to allow his team to grow for the next 18months you might see us in the Prem before long.

I reckon we have the start of a decent team, I very much doubt we'll see consistant evidence this season (a finish of around mid table is what I've predicted since Aug) but with a couple of new additions in the next year we'll have a squad thats young, hungry and ambitious, and with a bit of quality too.

:038: Totally Agree :038:

beighton155 said:
Ha I wish, he can get away with sarcasm, it just get's me in more trouble! Anyone would think that life is not a sitcom!

Chandler was an ex forum member who was banned... but maybe you knew that anyway CHANDLER! :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Dunc said:

I'm bored of saying it, but.... spot on dunc.

Babylon said:
I'm bored of saying it, but.... spot on dunc.

OK let me clear this up. I have no idea who Chandler was, my reference was to the "Friends" character!

At the end of last season, beginning of this, I thought CL was a godsend, we were playing interesting football and attacking well. But he seems to change his team every week and as a result, things like back heels and little knock on's aren't being read aswell as they should because the players aren't working together each week.

I hate to agree with Dunc because he was so mean earlier, but I do think we possibly have the makings of a good solid team, but whilst he continues to chop and change the line-up that team will never be allowed to grow together. I think the best move he has made this season is not putting Maybury back into the team, I just hope he doesn't play him again!

On a serious note, if he can play the same team for any lenght of games then I will come back and address my opinions, but I am afraid that whilse they are in and out of the team players will continue with poor passes etc.

Surely the original question posed in this thread is too late anyway, as Micky left after 12 league games, not 16.

beighton155 said:
OK let me clear this up. I have no idea who Chandler was, my reference was to the "Friends" character!

At the end of last season, beginning of this, I thought CL was a godsend, we were playing interesting football and attacking well. But he seems to change his team every week and as a result, things like back heels and little knock on's aren't being read aswell as they should because the players aren't working together each week.

I hate to agree with Dunc because he was so mean earlier, but I do think we possibly have the makings of a good solid team, but whilst he continues to chop and change the line-up that team will never be allowed to grow together. I think the best move he has made this season is not putting Maybury back into the team, I just hope he doesn't play him again!

On a serious note, if he can play the same team for any lenght of games then I will come back and address my opinions, but I am afraid that whilse they are in and out of the team players will continue with poor passes etc.

Its took you a while but finally you make sense :icon_lol: I agree we need a settled team but i dont think CL knows his best team and hence the changes. IMO away from home we should go for Kisnorbo and Joey but at home we should play Hughes or Williams who are more attacking and will allow us to take the game to the away team.

Willlow said:
Its took you a while but finally you make sense :icon_lol: I agree we need a settled team but i dont think CL knows his best team and hence the changes. IMO away from home we should go for Kisnorbo and Joey but at home we should play Hughes or Williams who are more attacking and will allow us to take the game to the away team.

I agree, but surely as he brought alot of the players and trains with them every day he should have a better idea? But I will give him time I guess.

The players I think should be regulars:
Stearman, McCarthy (lets not start the 'better than heath' row again!), Hughes, Williams (people seem divided on him aswell in other threads, I personally think he's great), Sylla and Hume

Players I don't rate:
Maybury,Johansson at left back (I feel being played because CL wants to play him, not because he suits the role. Great center half, a bit poor at LB), Tiatto (too lose cannonish!)

I am undecided on Kisnorbo and Hammil. Hammil looked OKish against Cov but against Burnely everytime the LB got forward down the wing, Hammil dropped back rather than supporting, so I dunno yet. Kisnorbo never seems to shine, but never seems to make many mistakes, so again dunno!

I also think Dublin is getting too old and is a bit slow, maybe play Johansson instead and put Sheehan leftback? He looked good when he played.

Sorry for the long post, just thought I should lay down my views after offending everybody and impersonanding this "Chandler" character!

Motown Fox said:
You are not by chance from my neck of the woods Beighton as your name is a place here in Sheffield.:102:

I am not, though I am aware of the place, my friend from primary school is a Sheff Wed fan and his parents are from Sheffield.

Motown Fox said:
I would play put Sheehan instead of Johansson as we let a goal in every game down the left flank ever since he's been put there:mad:
His free kicks would be usefull as well.:038:

Could not agree more. I think Johansson might be ok as a CB but he lacks the pace and attacking sense that sheehan has. Thats one of the reasons I love Stearman, a solid defender but he's also always on the attack without leaving himself short. I think him and Sylla have a great relationship, long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669