Worst Leicester team ever

Is this the worst Leicester side you have ever seen

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor decisions at board level and a lack of real conviction, they made a brave move in appointing Levein but then didn't have the courage to stand by him and his long term plan, and then when they had the chance to appoint any from Davies, Cotterill or Newell the board shat themselves and went for the cheap and easy option.

Look at us and then look at Derby, point proved. We have suffered for a lack of real football know how at the top of this club, hopefully Mandaric will change all that.

A agree.

Looks like he may be doing it with Paul Ince (well League 1 is only a little step up from where he is now).

I didn't like the way we were going when MA started recruiting his pensioners. Granted he had next to no money, but it was desperate stuff to keep us in the prem, with no plan B when it failed.
I think you have the nail on the head. MA wasted what money we had on pensioners who only came here for the money or his job. When he left we had to rebuild with little money and we got what we could afford especially after paying off the oldies. Don't think Kelly's spent any money and has had to bring in what he could get and infortunally for him they haven't performed for him. Now it seems he'll pay th price for it. Whoever comes in has to sweep clean all the rubbish and rebuild. Thankfully he/she will have a few coppers to spend thanks to Milan, lets hope they don't follow their predecessors and waste it.

Last edited:
Worst in the 45 years ive bin following em even under Pleat and McClintock - well perhaps McClintocks team was worse cant decide

at least pleats side looked like they gave a shit, walshie, mauchlen trying their utmost, and oo tommy wright strutting his stuff.

and lets not forgrt that mclintocks flops were in the top flight, all older than my grandad, and had to play football with those rediculously tight shirt and shorts on ..... they were however, the team with the crappiest haircuts.

todays team just dont seem to want to fight for it

The team that played under Pleat/Lee was worse in that the individual players were shit. This team has players that should be capable of attaining a higher position in the league and that is why I voted them as the worst. Because they have no ****ing heart.:mad:

The team that played under Pleat/Lee was worse in that the individual players were shit. This team has players that should be capable of attaining a higher position in the league and that is why I voted them as the worst. Because they have no ****ing heart.:mad:

They wern't all like Mark North.

Walsh for one played under Pleat, he had several other decent players.

We will look back on this era (Now) as not having one decent player that could command a decent fee

Last edited:
They wern't all like Mark North.

Walsh for one played under Pleat, he had several other decent players.

We will look back on this era (Now) as not having one decent player that could command a decent fee

I think it has been shown since that Marc North had underlying problems which affected his health and his game - I don;t want to dwell on him.

As well as Walsh, there were another 4 or 5 players from that Oxford game, who continued to give Leicester solid service and who contributed a lot to the following seasons which led to play-off finals - I am sure that Gary Mills, Tommy Wright, Kevin Russel all played in that game, as well as Tony James himself. All appeared in later play-off finals with the club. David Kelly also played and went to 'higher things', as did Tommy Wright. So there were some good players then.

There was also Ali Mauchlen right at the end of his career and he could be relied upon to put some fight into his game - the Danny Tiatto of his time (with slightly more skill and finesse).

The fact that some of those players could command a fee then and none can now is probably more to do with Mr Bosman than anything else.

Tommy Wright.

What a player, my all time favourite.

I remember when he came back as a Substitute for Middlesbrough and nearly everyone in the Carling Stand rushed forward to get his autograph as he warmed up.

Legend.

yes these are the laziest bunch of #ankers we've ever had. I've been watching city since '74 and can't think of any team in that time who didn't give a toss about the shirt.

just to add i live in deepest derbyshire/notts an i'm sick to the back teeth of sheep shaggers and red dogs trying to pull my team down, so come on MM lets have someone who wants what we all want to stuff it back down the throats of those from scum park and shitty ground :icon_evil

some of the players are the worse, not all but some Hughes,Maybury,Kenton,horse,hammond

I my started my love affair for l.c.f.c in 1944 we have had some truely awful individuals, truely awful managers, but never a really bad side.

Ive never seen the likes of anything as bad as this lot are right now in 62 years we have had individuals who in essence were not fit to pull on the blue shirt but they tried
they put in an effort although they had shortcomings.

Todays team is woefully inept in almost every department,
I know there has been little money around but surely there was someone in the set-up who could see that some of this lot were not what we needed, and indeed could be of little use in a battle.

We now have a nucleus of players who are not fit enough, not good enough, and have the wrong attitude about
saving this club from ignomy.

I really do not know how any manager even a Mourino or Ferguson can motivate this outfit to perform.

I my started my love affair for l.c.f.c in 1944 we have had some truely awful individuals, truely awful managers, but never a really bad side.

Ive never seen the likes of anything as bad as this lot are right now in 62 years we have had individuals who in essence were not fit to pull on the blue shirt but they tried
they put in an effort although they had shortcomings.

Todays team is woefully inept in almost every department,
I know there has been little money around but surely there was someone in the set-up who could see that some of this lot were not what we needed, and indeed could be of little use in a battle.

We now have a nucleus of players who are not fit enough, not good enough, and have the wrong attitude about
saving this club from ignomy.

I really do not know how any manager even a Mourino or Ferguson can motivate this outfit to perform.

First of all Western - you have made my day - I never imagined that anyone regularly posted could go that much further back than me - 10 whole years in fact!

I agree with all that and especially the bit about attitude. I would be absolutely confident that this is certainly the least motivated bunch of misfits ever to wear the Leicester shirt. And you have to puzzle as to why things have been allowed to deteriorate to this extent.

My own view if that the total lack of leadership at the club over the past few seasons and prior to the MM takeover is the core issue. This seems to me to go right through the club and at all levels.

No wonder MM got the club for next to nothing and basically with a free hand to do what he liked.

No doubt the proper witch hunts will start once the seasons over - but what sort of role has TNBD been about whilst the club has been rotting away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669