WTF is Stability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all boring and if MM decides to stick with Holloway then I will support Holloway,I would expect people who want Holloway to stay to support the new Manager if Holloway is dismissed.

Anyone who cannot see the arguments for 'stability' is a bit of an idiot, IMO. Apologies if that offends

Over recent years we have one manager after the other coming in to this club bringing in 10/11 players at a time, each with their own (sometimes bizarre) tactical formations, each with their own favourite players or players they don't get on with, nobody has a feckin' clue what the team will be from one match to the next, and if we lose a couple of games it's off into the loan market to bring in yet another useless cnut to feck it up even more

Nobody has sat down with a settled group of players to actually coach them and create a geniune team, rather than a collective rabble of disparate individuals that change from one week to the next.

It has destroyed us

BUT all of the above is utterly irrelevant if the man at the helm has proven himself to be completely incompetent, or has markedly failed to show any sign of being able to address the fundamental problems of recent years. In fact he has made everything worse, with his only solution to keep on bringing in turd player after turd player, and spending more money in the January transfer window than (I suspect) has ever been spent by a Leicester manager before.

And, of course, in Holloway's case he's gone and done what no other manager has done before, and for that alone any last remaining vestige of the stability argument disappears into thin air.

Last edited:
Anyone who cannot see the arguments for 'stability' is a bit of an idiot, IMO. Apologies if that offends

Over recent years we have one manager after the other coming in to this club bringing in 10/11 players at a time, each with their own (sometimes bizarre) tactical formations, each with their own favourite players or players they don't get on with, nobody has a feckin' clue what the team will be from one match to the next, and if we lose a couple of games it's off into the loan market to bring in yet another useless cnut to feck it up even more

Nobody has sat down with a settled group of players to actually coach them and create a geniune team, rather than a collective rabble of disparate individuals that change from one week to the next.

It has destroyed us

BUT all of the above is utterly irrelevant if the man at the helm has proven himself to be completely incompetent, or has markedly failed to show any sign of being able to address the fundamental problems of recent years. In fact he has made everything worse, with his only solution to keep on bringing in turd player after turd player, and spending more money in the January transfer window than (I suspect) has ever been spent by a Leicester manager before.

And, of course, in Holloway's case he's gone and done what no other manager has done before, and for that alone any last remaining vestige of the stability argument disappears into thin air.

Great Post Homer :038:

but when the next one comes in how long does he get? :icon_wink

Impossible to say - we won't know about the playing strength and therefore the level of realistic expectations for some time yet.

The Holloway situation and argument has now become boring. It's time Mandaric sacked him so we can move on - and sacked him because results deteriorated rather than improved under his management.

sta·bil·i·ty
–noun, plural -ties. 1.the state or quality of being stable. 2.firmness in position. 3.continuance without change; permanence. 4.Chemistry. resistance or the degree of resistance to chemical change or disintegration. 5.resistance to change, esp. sudden change or deterioration: The stability of the economy encourages investment. 6.steadfastness; constancy, as of character or purpose: The job calls for a great deal of emotional stability. 7.Aeronautics. the ability of an aircraft to return to its original flying position when abruptly displaced. 8.Roman Catholic Church. a vow taken by a Benedictine monk, binding him to residence for life in the same monastery in which he made the vow.

Last edited:
I have only seen a handful of Ian Holloway matches and so, I cannot defend his record. The issue of stability is, however, very simple, as I suspect that someone of Boy Genius' intelligence really knows.
A manager comes to a football team. He has his own style of play - even if he plays the same formation as the previous holder of the position. He may prefer a more attacking, or defensive midfield; to get the ball forward quickly, play through the midfield, whatever. He will have favoured personnel, his own system of training, etc. This takes time to work through the first team, let alone the whole club. It is thought to take approx eighteen months for a manager to fully stamp himself upon a club.

Constant changes to the managerial set up are not just unfair to the manager (leading to potential replacements questioning whether they will have time to turn the club around) but lead to disillusioned players. One week they are told to play one way, the next another: the player who was the favourite of manager A, may find himself surplus to requirements under B. If the player is on a good contract, one can hardly blame him for not rushing out of the club until a similar deal is struck elsewhere. A group of unmotivated players can easily drag down the morale of the whole group.
We are constantly buying players and getting the best out of none of them.
We fans do not appoint the manager: Milan does. He should have confidence in his choice and give the man time to do his job. Milan needs to think very carefully; three mistakes is already too many. IF, as I suspect he will, Milan changes again, he MUST be sure that his next manager is going to be here for some time.

It has destroyed us

:038::038:

I have only seen a handful of Ian Holloway matches and so, I cannot defend his record. The issue of stability is, however, very simple, as I suspect that someone of Boy Genius' intelligence really knows.
A manager comes to a football team. He has his own style of play - even if he plays the same formation as the previous holder of the position. He may prefer a more attacking, or defensive midfield; to get the ball forward quickly, play through the midfield, whatever. He will have favoured personnel, his own system of training, etc. This takes time to work through the first team, let alone the whole club. It is thought to take approx eighteen months for a manager to fully stamp himself upon a club.

Constant changes to the managerial set up are not just unfair to the manager (leading to potential replacements questioning whether they will have time to turn the club around) but lead to disillusioned players. One week they are told to play one way, the next another: the player who was the favourite of manager A, may find himself surplus to requirements under B. If the player is on a good contract, one can hardly blame him for not rushing out of the club until a similar deal is struck elsewhere. A group of unmotivated players can easily drag down the morale of the whole group.
We fans do not appoint the manager: Milan does. He should have confidence in his choice and give the man time to do his job. Milan needs to think very carefully; three mistakes is already too many. IF, as I suspect he will, Milan changes again, he MUST be sure that his next manager is going to be here for some time.

Thats the obvious answer Diken, but will a buffoon of a manager give you that? No he won't. But a better manager will, and unfortunatly a club in our position cannot pick and choose who we have as manager, we have to pick from who is available and also who wants the job. So we are in a position where we have to hire and fire until the correct appointment is made. There were several clubs in the Championship who changed managers around the time we took IH on, none of them went down. In fact in about the same amount of matches they pulled up the table. We were relegated. If a lot of the fans looked upon him as a funny guy, and I would expect the players did as well, so a lot of respect for him goes down the shitter.
I don't like seeing all the managerial changes, but I don't like relegation either buy a long long way.

Last edited:
I am getting really pissed off with all the Holloway lovers, saying we should keep him on for stability?

Is it good to keep the manager for stabilities sake and drop the divisions, or is stability achieved with better results that arrive when we have the correct manager for the club, even if it means changing until we start to climb again.

Its not stability we want now, its confidence being reinstalled in the players and getting them to feel what winning regular is like

Please tell me what stability is and why it will make us win. I am thinking of Crewe, they had a manager for years but kept on going up and down through the divisions, is that stability?

Who is your choice for the new manager BG?

I suspect if he does sack Holloway (which I think is far from sure at the moment) then Dowie will get the job. I don't think we can be too sure he will be here for anytime based on his record and when mixed with Mandarics previous on managers it looks like a recipe for disaster to me.

Incidentally I think Dowie is the absolute best we could hope for if Holloway is booted out.

I suspect if he does sack Holloway (which I think is far from sure at the moment) then Dowie will get the job. I don't think we can be too sure he will be here for anytime based on his record and when mixed with Mandarics previous on managers it looks like a recipe for disaster to me.

Incidentally I think Dowie is the absolute best we could hope for if Holloway is booted out.

seems to be the way the money is pointing to, as I have said our options on managers will be getting thinner as being in Division 1. I know the club last year were keen on Ince, but he will not come here now.

seems to be the way the money is pointing to, as I have said our options on managers will be getting thinner as being in Division 1. I know the club last year were keen on Ince, but he will not come here now.

Absolutley. Given a straight choice between Holloway or Dowie, I'd personally go with Holloway every time.

I have really not got one, but anything would be better than IH

and I said anything not anyone.

Replace Holloway's name with Kelly, Levein, Adams or anyone else from the last 5 years or so...

We've heard that same line over and over and over again in that time, and so far it's not proven true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570