WTF is Stability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stability issue went right out the window the moment that we got relegated, it is out of our hands.

I am all for stability, more so in the squad of players, the underlining problem is we have some talented players (from their past records), but they do not know how to play as a team. If we had a core of players that had been together for a few years the managers job would be easier as they already know each other with the team and formation virtually picking itself.
Our better players will be cherry picked so it is back to square one.

Now our hand will be forced so I do not see any better time than the close season after relegation to get rid of IH (who should go purely on the fact he has taken us down to where we have never been before), bring in a new manager and allow them the summer to get the squad ready for the season. Why wait till christmas.

The only constant is change.

Fire the little pixie now.

BUT all of the above is utterly irrelevant if the man at the helm has proven himself to be completely incompetent, or has markedly failed to show any sign of being able to address the fundamental problems of recent years. In fact he has made everything worse, with his only solution to keep on bringing in turd player after turd player, and spending more money in the January transfer window than (I suspect) has ever been spent by a Leicester manager before.

And, of course, in Holloway's case he's gone and done what no other manager has done before, and for that alone any last remaining vestige of the stability argument disappears into thin air.

It takes many miles to turn an ocean liner around. Holloway had 31 days of transfer window in which to assemble a squad. He took over the Titanic after it had hit the iceberg.
I do not foresee a rush of top line applicants for the post and change for changes sake is a futile exercise. If anyone was declining a superb, proven manager in order to stay with Holloway, that would be a different case but, we are, whether we like it or not, a Division 1 club.

It takes many miles to turn an ocean liner around.

Not on the modern ones it doesn't. They moved forward with the times and installed propulsion pods to the hull in six places so they now turn around in very little space.

Last edited:
I'm sure hes had offers but he has bigger fish to fry than League 1 clubs I suspect.

For once, i agree with you.

However, there would have been a much better chance to attract Davies some months ago - and Mandaric made a wrong call staying with Holloway.

I am convinced that the best thing would be to sack Holloway - and i am still of the view that this will happen very shortly.

That said,I have always thought that if we were relegated then in a perverse way Holloway's position is strengthened in that he is a Third Division manager and it's going to be difficult getting anyone decent to repace him.

Replace Holloway's name with Kelly, Levein, Adams or anyone else from the last 5 years or so...

We've heard that same line over and over and over again in that time, and so far it's not proven true.

fcuk them, they had their chance.

Next please

It takes many miles to turn an ocean liner around. Holloway had 31 days of transfer window in which to assemble a squad. He took over the Titanic after it had hit the iceberg.
I do not foresee a rush of top line applicants for the post and change for changes sake is a futile exercise. If anyone was declining a superb, proven manager in order to stay with Holloway, that would be a different case but, we are, whether we like it or not, a Division 1 club.

I for one wasn't expecting him to turn the ocean liner around but the very least I expected was the liner to start to make the turn for better seas go and not go drifting out in to the abyss.There was not the slightest bit of improvement,we got worse.With Holloway in charge I see the liner either drifting aimlessly in the water or to sink to the bottom of the ocean

Last edited:
1647.jpg

I for one wasn't expecting him to turn the ocean liner around but the very least I expected was the liner to start to make the turn for better seas go and not go drifting out in to the abyss.There was not the slightest bit of improvement,we got worse.With Holloway in charge I see the liner either drifting aimlessly in the water or to sink to the bottom of the ocean

All that - but there are other issues too. To start off with he is clearly a mercurial character - when things are going well, he's full of bounce. But when things are going badly in a match, he just adopts a low profile and seems to indicate that there is nothing he can do about it.

I know that it can p-ss people off talking about years ago - but can anyone imagine a Jock Wallace or a MON being so supine in a similar situation?

Homer I've borrowed your post for one of the LCFC Groups on facebook, cos tbh your post sums up the situation perfectly-and you said it in a far better way than I could!

But of course, he is a man, we are better at the words stuff and speak properer. Fakt

I'm all for stability. I'm all for sticking by the manager.

Just not this one!

Is the performance of the players/manager adversely affected by constant change?

If you answer yes then sacking IH becomes dangerous. Immediate stability can only to achieved by keeping him in charge.

On the other hand, if IH's failings are simply the result of incompetance, we need him out.

By comparing the nature of the performances of players and IH at City with their previous clubs, it suggests that instability has had a negative effect on them here. Therefore, it is fair to argue that they would improve if a period of stability were to be achieved.

If IH has zero tactical skill and achieved what he did (i.e. consistently better results/performances) at previous clubs by luck or circumstance, then no amount of stability will do us any good.

Trying to be objective, I think the former is more likely than the latter. I think he's probably capable of coming good. I think another change may result in instability harming us even more. Regardless of who comes in.

That's why I don't see ditching him as a simple decision. Even though I think Dowie is a much better manager than IH.

What I would say is that I'd put good money on MM to make the wrong call on this tricky issue. Whatever he does will probably be the wrong thing. I don't think MM is even unlucky. I just think he makes wrong decisions consistently.

Surely the aim of a football club is to entertain and succeed not to rehabilitate an individual whose tactical decisions have been repeatedly questioned, who is visibly unable to motivate his players and, frighteningly, still has no idea what went wrong. Why do we think this will change if he is given longer? I think IH is quite a personable chap but the longer he stays, the more disheartened I am about City's prospects next season and the less opportunity MM has for sparking any enthusiasm from fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566