WTF is Stability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same boring old arguments going round and round

God, it really is awful isn't it

Not according to some Chuck,they think its the best thing than we went down...:102:

I can't see it meself HF, if it such a good idea why does everyone try and avoid it like the plague every year? The whole idea of playing 46 games a season is to win as many as you can and hopefully get enough points to acheive your objective, may be play off may be automatic promotion. I'm pretty sure our objective wasnt relegation.

Agreed we need to behave and act positively and decisively to ensure we bounce back first time, I'm all for turning a problem in to a success, but don't anyone ask me to accept this was a good thing for my team.:icon_conf

giving someone the off season, pre-season and to Christmas seems reasonable unless they dump us straight to the bottom of League 1.

Still at this level we ought to be at least top half of the table by Christmas. Preferably clear top.

The Foxes Trust should arrange for the manager role to be shared equally between all season ticket holders. A round robin, alphabetical order, duration of responsibilty = one year/no of season ticket holders.

Everyone's happy.

The Foxes Trust should arrange for the manager role to be shared equally between all season ticket holders. A round robin, alphabetical order, duration of responsibilty = one year/no of season ticket holders.

Everyone's happy.

:icon_lol:

you're a funny guy/girl/alien

I'm getting really pissed off with people on this forum thinking they have all the answers and aren't willing to give peoples opinions the time of day.

So what is your opinion then? I don't have any answers, butI do know IH should be gone. I am just interested in how different people see what stability is. I cannot see how anybody would want to keep IH on, and nobody says why except stability....:102:

I'm getting really pissed off with people on this forum thinking they have all the answers and aren't willing to give peoples opinions the time of day.

No offence Durham but you readily ridicule some peoples opinions so you can't really complain if its dished out to you.For the record I respect your opinion,one of the few peoples on here whos I do even if I don't agree with it.If you are wanting respect then show other people's opinions some rather than rolling your eyes at them

Last edited:
No offence Durham but you readily ridicule some peoples opinions so you can't really complain if its dished out to you.For the record I respect your opinion,one of the few peoples on here whos I do even if I don't agree with it

I'm not sure I do ridicule peoples opinions, I apologise if that's the way anything comes over. I just find the 'my opinion is right' Ollie out crew a bit much at the minute tbh. Especially when it seems general opinion is quite closely divided amongst the fans.

I do buy into the stability argument, it is essential in developing long term success and sustainability, however that can only happen if the right manager is in charge. Holloway's record especially when you take into account the players and resources at his disposal is nothing short of disgraceful and IMO he has to go, not be given more time to prove how far out of his depth he is operating.

I remember when Holloway joined he compared his career as acting in Coronation Street and that coming to City was like appearing in King Lear, well guess what Ollie, you have just suffered the biggest bout of stage fright known to man !!!

The ones who believe that Ollie should be given more time, would you have been prepared or beleived that Taylor, Levein and Kelly should have been kept for the sake of continuity even at the expense of relegation. In defence of Levein and Kelly they were operating under fairly tight budgets, where as Ollie was given a significant amount of cash to operate with, he is on a par with or possibly even worse that Twatlor, why the feck should we keep him ??

He has proven that he cannot handle the pressure of managing a club with big expectations, budgets and higher profile players, why allow him to make the same mistakes in League one when we will be an even bigger fish in a smaller pool and arguably the weight of expectation will be even higher !!!

So what is your opinion then? I don't have any answers, butI do know IH should be gone. I am just interested in how different people see what stability is. I cannot see how anybody would want to keep IH on, and nobody says why except stability....:102:

I think you've neatly summed up my point tbh.

:018: Not true, it has also been said that he's a very likeable man.

I think I'm now going to lie down on my special rug and drink Heineken all day

Quite BG - some people have latched onto the word 'stability' as a substitute for a justification for keeping someone who they find likeable.

Generally speaking, some continuity and stability in management and playing squads is a positive thing. But to my mind there are two issues at Leicester city: first there is the deeply embedded problem of unmotivated players who basically are not up for every single game; second, we have a manager who can't seem to have any impact in spite of being given the money to bring in his own players.

Consequently, we are not in a position to go with stability - it needs fixing before we can have that luxury.

Dictionary: stability (stə-bĭl'ĭ-tē)

n., pl. -ties.
The state or quality of being stable, especially:
Resistance to change, deterioration, or displacement.
Constancy of character or purpose; steadfastness.
Reliability; dependability.
The ability of an object, such as a ship or aircraft, to maintain equilibrium or resume its original, upright position after displacement, as by the sea or strong winds.
Roman Catholic Church. A vow committing a Benedictine monk to one monastery for life.

i think we are quite stable now. We have been consistantly shyte for years!

I do buy into the stability argument, it is essential in developing long term success and sustainability, however that can only happen if the right manager is in charge. Holloway's record especially when you take into account the players and resources at his disposal is nothing short of disgraceful and IMO he has to go, not be given more time to prove how far out of his depth he is operating.

I remember when Holloway joined he compared his career as acting in Coronation Street and that coming to City was like appearing in King Lear, well guess what Ollie, you have just suffered the biggest bout of stage fright known to man !!!

The ones who believe that Ollie should be given more time, would you have been prepared or beleived that Taylor, Levein and Kelly should have been kept for the sake of continuity even at the expense of relegation. In defence of Levein and Kelly they were operating under fairly tight budgets, where as Ollie was given a significant amount of cash to operate with, he is on a par with or possibly even worse that Twatlor, why the feck should we keep him ??

He has proven that he cannot handle the pressure of managing a club with big expectations, budgets and higher profile players, why allow him to make the same mistakes in League one when we will be an even bigger fish in a smaller pool and arguably the weight of expectation will be even higher !!!

Totally agree

I would say that the constant changing of managers brings about a patchwork squad of players brought in by each one which in turn leaves a team without a core. For success we need a core to drive us on.
Im not saying keep IH(in fact i now feel he should go) but when the next one comes in how long does he get? There comes a point when if the manager becomes sucessful we will keep the bulk of a squad together which in turn will bring greater sucess which in definition would be termed as stability.
In your case BG you want him out some people dont and no amount of debating is going to change the outcome. Vive la difference :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669