WTF is this all about

Status
Not open for further replies.
What he's saying is (I think) the turnstile operators could say they sold a kids ticket to an adult and pocket the difference.

But, that would mean that the operator would have to give a child's ticket to the adult

The same fiddle could happen in the ticket office

Only if you didn't attend in person to purchase or was able to give enough info on someone to use their name and details.

Anyways, it's all academic. A fiddle does still occur on season tickets and will at every club in the country unless photo ID was used.

You usually have to rip a section off. The adult probably wouldn't notice/care.

Fiddles do happen. Shocking I know.

Some places with cash turnstiles only sell adult tickets, for this reason.

But there would be ways to make it obvious to people if they'd been given the wrong ticket. They could make the kids tickets bright pink, for example.

Some places with cash turnstiles only sell adult tickets, for this reason.

But there would be ways to make it obvious to people if they'd been given the wrong ticket. They could make the kids tickets bright pink, for example.

Most cash turnstiles at lower league level have seperate turnstiles. One for concessions, one for adults, one for kids.

But then you'd have to use that ticket to get through the turnstile and it wouldn't be accepted and you would go back to the ticket office and complain.

She's after short changing me as well, the robbing bitch! **** this, come on Major, let's go back and smash the ticket office up

I think this is a very good idea but why do they have to couch it in that puke making subset of the English language. :078:

Last edited:
When I was about 6 or 7 years old, my season ticket holding father and grandfather used to give the guy on the turnstile 2/6d (half a crown or 12.5 pence in today's money) and lift me over so I could sit wedged in between them.

Any cash system is open to fraud and theft whether by the operator or external forces.

When I was about 6 or 7 years old, my season ticket holding father and grandfather used to give the guy on the turnstile 2/6d (half a crown or 12.5 pence in today's money) and lift me over so I could sit wedged in between them.

Any cash system is open to fraud and theft whether by the operator or external forces.

I heard many a tale about goings on at Filbert Street and witnessed a few myself. I think quite a few kids were in addition to the paying public especially in the Popular Side and in front of the Main stand where I first went in the 60's with my Dad.

What he's saying is (I think) the turnstile operators could say they sold a kids ticket to an adult and pocket the difference.

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks. :038:

Most cash turnstiles at lower league level have seperate turnstiles. One for concessions, one for adults, one for kids.

That would work.

A lot less likely if the right controls are in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566