XBox Live Problems!! Urgent Help Required!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M17TT C

I'm trying to log onto XBox live but it is failing to connect. I have ran the Connection Test and it is failing on the IP address. This is strange as I was playing on it with no problems last night, and have not changed anything.

I am connected through a Linksys wireless router and NTL broadband, which is working fully as I am posting this right now!

Please help because I really want to get on PGR3 Live because it's amazing!

It's OK, know need to call 999. Being the genius that I am, I have cracked it myself. I have manually set up the IP settings and DNS sever settings and that has done the trick. Its weird though how I have connected to XBox live at least 5 times without having to do this before!

This one took a lot of thought, M17TT C!

Am going to change it when my one month trial expires as then I wont have to get any of them Microsoft Points before I want to change it. Going to add a good old LCFC on there, can't believe I forgot to add it!
I only really play PGR3 on Live at the moment as I don't think I'm good enough at GoW yet, although am getting better, got through a load of checkpoints last night on Hardcore (medium) without dying so probs blaze away on that sometime next week. Not had time to get into Call of Duty 3 or Splinter Cell Double Agent yet!!

This one took a lot of thought, M17TT C!

Am going to change it when my one month trial expires as then I wont have to get any of them Microsoft Points before I want to change it. Going to add a good old LCFC on there, can't believe I forgot to add it!
I only really play PGR3 on Live at the moment as I don't think I'm good enough at GoW yet, although am getting better, got through a load of checkpoints last night on Hardcore (medium) without dying so probs blaze away on that sometime next week. Not had time to get into Call of Duty 3 or Splinter Cell Double Agent yet!!
If you've finished the game on casual, you are more than able to go on live, everybody (except the yanks) is welcoming of newcomers.

There is a maximum 4 on each team, so you'll have to join me, Duzza and KLFox on the same time.

Didn't MHS say he's be on tonight :102:

I bloody well hope so. My mum's gone into town, I've told her to get me an ethernet cable. If she gets it then I'll set it up tonight. :038:
Bloody Hell, the only thing I ever asked my Mum to get me was a 12" vinyl of Pump Up The Jam, that went wrong!!

Bloody Hell, the only thing I ever asked my Mum to get me was a 12" vinyl of Pump Up The Jam, that went wrong!!

I was going to say never ask your mother to get you something like that, its bound to go tits up, sorry to say, it will either be the wrong one or too short. You should just ebay it, is so much cheaper than the shops and postage is very fast!

Good idea about Gears of War Melton, I may be online later tonight but as its Friday will probably be off to have a few jars of ale somewhere. I'm online on PGR3 now if anyone else is about!! Oh how great it is to finish uni at 10 on a Friday and not have to be in again until 2PM on Tuesday!! :026::026::026:

If anyone is interested I have managed to stream music from my PC to Xbox 360 using Windows Media Player 11. I have almost managed to stream videos but they have to be WMV format and so far it is unable to play the files I have converted, they show up on the 360 but an error occurs and cannot play.

AS I said unless you have a modded XBOX and can run XBMC then you need a media centre PC!

FR sent M17TT C

I will be around later so happy to give you a warm welcome to GoW!

Last edited:
AS I said unless you have a modded XBOX and can run XBMC then you need a media centre PC!

Are you talking about music or video here?

FR sent M17TT C

I will be around later so happy to give you a warm welcome to GoW!

Friend Request accepted!! Not sure if I will be on later, may go out and maybe getting a Wii today as well!!

Are you talking about music or video here?

Video - I stream my music but don't have a media centre PC so I know so far that the videos can't be read by your Xbox - I have been told a modded one works.

Look for it on the web, at the time I looked at it there was nothing but rumors out there. There was one or two groups working on 'things' but they sounded too technical to even get off of the ground.

xbox.com/support said:
View Video from a Windows XP–Based PC

When you connect your Xbox 360 console to a Windows XP–based PC, you'll see all available video content listed on the Video screen in the Media area of the Xbox Dashboard.

To view video content from a Windows XP–based PC:

1. Visit www.xbox.com/pcsetup to download and install the appropriate software for your Windows Media Center–based PC. For more info about setting up your connection, see Share Media from a PC with Xbox 360.
2. After you've installed the software, make sure your Xbox 360 console is connected to your PC using one of the following:
* A standard Ethernet cable (sold separately for the Xbox 360 Core System).
* The Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter.

If your console already shares a router with your PC for Xbox Live access, your PC is effectively already connected your console. Please be aware, however, that wireless streaming between your PC and your console requires an 802.11a network connection, which is faster than the 802.11b and 802.11g standards.

To learn about home networking, see Home Networking Basics.
3. Turn on your Xbox 360 console and go to the Media area of the Xbox Dashboard.
4. Select Video, Computer, then select the file you want to view.

View Video from a Windows Media Center–Based PC

When you connect your Xbox 360 console to a Windows Media Center–based PC, you'll see all available video content in Media Center in the Media area of the Xbox Dashboard.

To view video content from a Windows Media Center–based PC:

1. Visit www.xbox.com/pcsetup to download and install the appropriate software for your Windows Media Center–based PC. For more info about setting up your connection, see Share Media from a Media Center PC with Xbox 360.
2. After you've installed the software, make sure your Xbox 360 console is connected to your PC using one of the following:
* A standard Ethernet cable (sold separately for the Xbox 360 Core System).
* The Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter.

If your console already shares a router with your PC for Xbox Live access, your PC is effectively already connected your console. Please be aware, however, that wireless streaming between your PC and your console requires an 802.11a network connection, which is faster than the 802.11b and 802.11g standards.

To learn about home networking, see Home Networking Basics.
3. Turn on your Xbox 360 console and go to the Media area of the Xbox Dashboard.
4. Select Media Center, then browse your PC to select the file you want to view.

To me it quite clearly says that you can stream videos from a Windows XP PC, still it don't work though!!

EDIT : Just read the article and highlighted a clash on information in bold. So you need a Media Centre PC then even though there is a paragraph titled 'To view video content from a Windows XP–based PC'?

I'm very, very lost with this, may just have to give them an e-mail to get to the bottom of this!

Last edited:
taken from MS website to try and explain what a Media Centre PC is:

Introducing the next-generation home entertainment system - the Media Center Edition PC. Control and enjoy all your digital entertainment – watch, pause and record live TV1, listen to music, view photo slideshows or enjoy DVDs – all at the touch of a button on a remote control.

And because Media Center Edition PCs use the reliable, powerful Windows XP Professional operating system, you can also do everything you’d normally do on a PC. You'll enjoy exactly the same power and flexibility you'd get with a Windows XP PC, but when you need a break, you can simply reach for the remote control and relax. You can watch TV, listen to music, browse your digital photos and experience all the entertainment you'd usually get in the living room with the added benefit of having all your digital entertainment in one place ready to enjoy, and a great user-friendly interface and remote control to make it easier than ever to enjoy.

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 is the latest Windows XP operating system for Media Center Edition PCs. It is only available pre-installed on Media Center Edition PCs, delivering the very best version of Windows for the home. This site contains everything you need to know about Media Center Edition 2005, including how to get your very own state-of-the-art home entertainment hub.

If you have not got a PC with that then no can do. They are both MS products so it would use XP but you need a computer capable of doing what is posted above!

Last edited:
I might have found a way because after the last dashboard update on the 360 I am hearing promising things with Windows Media player 11.

I will get back to you need to check it out myself before I try to explain it.

Nice one mate, I was getting a bit confused with all the operating systems there I think. Let us know any developments, cheers. It puzzles me though why it doesn't work, as the videos show up through the xbox but fail to play, is this because the are not in the right format of WMV?

I bloody well hope so. My mum's gone into town, I've told her to get me an ethernet cable. If she gets it then I'll set it up tonight. :038:
Did she get the wrong thing, or did she take it upon herself to decide how much you wanted to pay?

Nice one mate, I was getting a bit confused with all the operating systems there I think. Let us know any developments, cheers. It puzzles me though why it doesn't work, as the videos show up through the xbox but fail to play, is this because the are not in the right format of WMV?

Tis done with Media player 11, I have a video that I had to rencode from an AVi file into a WMV file.

Follow this http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/pcsetup/XPSP2.htm

Then recode movie and put into My Videos on your documents and the 360 should pick it up.

It seems MS relaxed a few things in that last update :038: If it played other formats that would be great rather than having to recode the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566