XBox Live Problems!! Urgent Help Required!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, I'm not meaning to have a go because your trying to help, but I have already done this and there is no problem in the connection. The problem is that the video will not play back. I can select it through the xbox dashboard, like in media > videos > my PC > filename. But when I click on play the file it comes up with error, saying that the video MIGHT not be able to be played back. The file is fine, can play it on my computer and is WMV format (WMV9 I think). I recoded it using VLC Media Player.

Have you actually managed to stream videos yet?
What program did you use to recode the videos?

Thanks again mate!!

You need windows media player 11

Microsoft net framework 2

THere are loads on the net just google changing media files to WMV - pick one that is free.

Encode to wmv place in my videos and the 360 will play it.

I did not use VLC!

Yes I played a video from my PC and it worked I can only think that the file is in the wrong format.

Last edited:
Yes I have media player 11, and have encoded to WMV and put in my videos etc. Not sure about that microsoft net framework 2, what does that do? will try another encoding program and let you know, cheers mate!

A name for the program would help!!

Last edited:
Net framework not sure what it does but it is a windows thing need to have version 2 and XP service pack 2 (I forgot that).

The software is APEX WMV ASF convertor - as long as it converts to WMV I don't think that is an issue!

Some details on MS Net Framework 2 and can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

Overview

The Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 redistributable package installs the .NET Framework runtime and associated files required to run applications developed to target the .NET Framework v2.0.

The .NET Framework version 2.0 improves scalability and performance of applications with improved caching, application deployment and updating with ClickOnce, support for the broadest array of browsers and devices with ASP.NET 2.0 controls and services. For more information on the .NET Framework 2.0, click here.

There must be something in it that makes the 360 and PC connect better!

Yes I have media player 11, and have encoded to WMV and put in my videos etc. Not sure about that microsoft net framework 2, what does that do? will try another encoding program and let you know, cheers mate!

A name for the program would help!!

Try this link. Essentially it provides an environment for running programs in like the converter. ;)

Net framework not sure what it does but it is a windows thing need to have version 2 and XP service pack 2 (I forgot that).

The software is APEX WMV ASF convertor - as long as it converts to WMV I don't think that is an issue!

Well the ones I have tried with VLC haven't worked! I have XP SP 2, not sure bout that .net thing. will try tmw, off to go on Live now if anyone is about!!

Cheers for all the info by the way guys!

I could not get VLC to work downloaded the bat file (or whatever it was called) dragged the file to it and drop it on it and a box came up it disapeared and did not do anything.

Not done anything about the .net framework thing but managed to stream some WMV that I converted using Xilisoft, the quality of the stream wasn't as good as the file and it took bloody ages to convert the file so will try that program you mentioned. Maybe there is something wrong with the way that VLC converts the file as it does it in about half real-time, although the reason I did it that way was because I read somewhere online that someone had done it that way.

Not done anything about the .net framework thing but managed to stream some WMV that I converted using Xilisoft, the quality of the stream wasn't as good as the file and it took bloody ages to convert the file so will try that program you mentioned. Maybe there is something wrong with the way that VLC converts the file as it does it in about half real-time, although the reason I did it that way was because I read somewhere online that someone had done it that way.

I have gotten VLC installed its the batch files found here I am having trouble with http://happybeggar.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=60&Itemid=2

It did not take long with that program but I have to say the quality on my HDTV was shite.

Been trying different screen resoulotions but nothing has looked anything but blocky at the mo!

Last edited:
Couldn't be bothered to start another Xbox thread in here, but got more problems. I moved it downstairs to play on the big TV and watch the football at the same time, connected it all up to the power and TV but got no picture!!! There was sound, I herd the sign in sound and could move about on the dashboard but couldn't see anything, just a black screen. There are no red lights on the console when I turn it on so I'm thinking that I have somehow nackered just the visual cable (yellow one) as I still get sound, although not sure if thats right so if anyone has any advice as to what the problem may be, it will be greatly received. Thank You.

Couldn't be bothered to start another Xbox thread in here, but got more problems. I moved it downstairs to play on the big TV and watch the football at the same time, connected it all up to the power and TV but got no picture!!! There was sound, I herd the sign in sound and could move about on the dashboard but couldn't see anything, just a black screen. There are no red lights on the console when I turn it on so I'm thinking that I have somehow nackered just the visual cable (yellow one) as I still get sound, although not sure if thats right so if anyone has any advice as to what the problem may be, it will be greatly received. Thank You.

whenever i get that problem with other scart connections, it's usually because it's not quite in the socket properly.

have a fiddle with the connector between the x-box and the wire, and the tv and the wire. make sure it's in properly etc.

otherwise it must just be a doddy wire, connector or socket.

maybe its on a different av channel?

I'm not a women DD!! :icon_lol:

whenever i get that problem with other scart connections, it's usually because it's not quite in the socket properly.

have a fiddle with the connector between the x-box and the wire, and the tv and the wire. make sure it's in properly etc.

otherwise it must just be a doddy wire, connector or socket.

Cheers Nathan, already tried that so I reckon it must be a fcuked cable. TBH I would rather it off been the Xbox so then I could just get a replacement for free instead of having to buy a new cable!

Last edited:
i'd try it on another tv before you fork out for a new cable

Yeah, on my TV in my room I don't even get any sound. And it don't work on both the TVs downstairs. I'm hoping that if I leave it for a bit it might just start working again because I really can't afford a new cable! :icon_lol:

Just scream at the ****ing thing. If that fails kick the shit out of it.

this happens on mine ocassionally, I put it down to switching to the AV channel at the wrong time, a quick reboot seems to solve it every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566