XBox Live Problems!! Urgent Help Required!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left it for a couple of days but still not picture!! :( Still get sound coming through my speakers though so at least the actual Xbox is OK.
Hopefully going to take the cable into Gamestation or similar shop and see if they can test it, hopefully it is that is ****ed and not the scart socket on the actual Xbox otherwise I will have to wait for it to get repaired!!

Thanks for all the advice everyone!! :038:

Sod all that, got it working again!!! :038: :038::038::038::038::038::038:

Mite even use my Xbox Live 48 hour pass tonight now!!!!

Can't believe I was so stupid I did not enough not to notice the switch for normal tv or hd tv on the av cable for almost 4 days now!!!

Cheers, feel like a bit of a numpty after saying this as well : :icon_redf

maybe its on a different av channel?

I'm not a women DD!! :icon_lol:

Especially when it was something just as simple!

Sorry if I offended anyone with that comment, this just goes to show that even the dominant species can make silly mistakes just once! ;)

OK its not to do with Xbox live but streaming music. I did used to be able to do it no problem but have recently changed my firewall from ZoneAlarm to AVG. I can't remember for sure but I think I had to change some firewall settings to get it to work but as xbox live is down until 10PM i cannot access the 360 support where it tells you how to do it. Can anyone remember which ports you have to open with your firewall by any chance?
Thanks.

OK its not to do with Xbox live but streaming music. I did used to be able to do it no problem but have recently changed my firewall from ZoneAlarm to AVG. I can't remember for sure but I think I had to change some firewall settings to get it to work but as xbox live is down until 10PM i cannot access the 360 support where it tells you how to do it. Can anyone remember which ports you have to open with your firewall by any chance?
Thanks.

Is this streaming over an HTTP connection? :102: :102:

Is this streaming over an HTTP connection? :102: :102:

err an internet connection! ;)

It doesn't have to be done through a web browser if thats what you mean. It used to work without even having to have WMP open, just the PC turned on.

Not being rude steven but unless your have a 360 i doubt you will know the solution to my problem.

More info anyway. Im streaming using WMP11 Media Sharing thing, its got the 360 in there and its ticked to accept sharing with it. On the xbox though when I test the connection it says it cannot connect to the PC, I remember with ZoneAlarm sometimes I would get a warning saying the xbox is trying to connect to the pc and accept or decline like with any application wanting to use the net, but I have never got this warning since using AVG. As I said previously I think i had to open some ports in the firewall to make this work and will obviously need to re-open them as I have changed my firewall.

Cheers for your input though Steve-O.

Last edited:
err an internet connection! ;)

Not being rude steven but unless your have a 360 i doubt you will know the solution to my problem.

Cheers for your input though Steve-O.

:icon_sad:

Don't be sad, you may know how to open some ports in AVG firewall? ;)
What Steven doesn't know about ports isn't worth knowing. Southampton & Portsmouth being particular specialities

What Steven doesn't know about ports isn't worth knowing. Southampton & Portsmouth being particular specialities

I only post on this board to pick up tips. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566