Yann back to France?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BG and I have often disagreed before but on this he is 100% right.

Apart from one goal against the Borough he has been the most ineffective striker since Carl Cort.

I doubt very much if Matty has refused to play alongside Kermogant. Matty may well have pointed out that he feels he plays better alongside other strikers and this is something a manager needs to know.

nothing to do with that at all. It's because he is French, I don't like the french!

Bye Yann, really hasn't worked for either party. IMO good move especially after "that" penalty miss

:018:

Boro or Middlesbrough - never Borough!
Should it ever really be Boro? I suppose I should be asking a Middlesbrough fan.

Anyway, back to the strikers debate. So far, for us at least, DJ has been completely ineffective. Vaughan was exactly the same player, except he was occasionally onside. Kermorgant's main asset is his ability in the air. Some games (Bristol City away comes to mind) he won absolutely every header, even some that were nowhere near him. Problem is, people are judging his whole City career on one televised game and ignoring everything else he's done, probably because they didn't see it.

Should it ever really be Boro? I suppose I should be asking a Middlesbrough fan.

I was one for about 6 or 7 years, until I found Leicester. It doesn't matter whether it should be Boro or not - the fact is that it is Boro.

Anyway, back to the strikers debate. So far, for us at least, DJ has been completely ineffective. Vaughan was exactly the same player, except he was occasionally onside. Kermorgant's main asset is his ability in the air. Some games (Bristol City away comes to mind) he won absolutely every header, even some that were nowhere near him. Problem is, people are judging his whole City career on one televised game and ignoring everything else he's done, probably because they didn't see it.

Definitely Boro, the Borough is near London Bridge...Brough would just be bruff. I imagine the number judging him on that game alone would be around the same number who have judged him from watching a youtube video. Having not been to the Bristol game I reckon I've probably missed his good performance for us. As for Vaughan-didn't do much wrong or right really, can't see where positives could be taken from his rare appearances.

Smog monsters, definitely not borough.

All I know about Kermo is that he was the anti-impact sub. Usually brought on (admittedly too late) when we needed a goal, no one ever scored when he was on the field. Of course all that changed in the playoffs, the clumsy effort leading to the Whittingham goal we could have done without.

I usually have a soft spot for our exotic eccentric and mostly useless foreign signings, especially the fat Finnish ones - but why NP and some fans thought a 27 year old who had knocked around the French lower leagues with modest success would set the CCC alight is completely beyond me.

I see the Mercury are leading with Kermo back to France on their back page. It's nothing more than the rumour I've read on here. No quotes. Nothing.

I might as well add on here that apparently one of the reasons is that fryatt refuses to play alongside him. Bit childish tbh. Wouldn't have thought one of our players would have that much clout in the dressing room.........

I know you are quite well connected at the club but that simply beggars belief. Any manager worth his salt would show Fryatt the door.

I still maintain that Yann is the most ineffective striker we have had since Carl Cort.

He isn't good enough good enough to even be an "inefffective striker".

I realise that this is a youngster with massive potential - after all he is still 16 months from turning 30!

All I know is that we don't seem to have any joy from the smattering of French players who have graced Leicester City - but this one has a special place in the club's history having significantly contributed to us losing out on at least £60m not to mention the opportunity to watch some decent football.

I'm not sure I like him very much.

It's strange how you can be an "ineffective striker", whilst being played in another position...

Chris Weale is also an ineffective striker.

Yeah but Chris Weale didnt try and pomme fritte a penalty :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570