Yeovil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have changed it by putting Dickov/Campbell on the right and Oakley back in the middle but then again i'd have probably cost us the game in doing so.

Unfortunately I think Pearson was too shit scared to change anything for precisely the same reason

Howard was virtually a walking corpse by the end, having run his 'nads off, and should have come off with 15/20 minutes to go if not earlier

We got away with it because the opposition were complete toss

Unfortunately I think Pearson was too shit scared to change anything for precisely the same reason

Howard was virtually a walking corpse by the end, having run his 'nads off, and should have come off with 15/20 minutes to go if not earlier

We got away with it because the opposition were complete toss

agreed

Cheltenham?

I didn't go, but I would be truly amazed if they were any worse than this lot

In the first half it was like training ground exercise of attack v defence

Stevenage caused us more trouble in the first 20 minutes on Saturday than this lot managed the entire game. All they did was smash it aimlessly up the pitch to get the ball out of their half, and then reset themselves to defend the next attack. Never seen anything quite like it

I didn't go, but I would be truly amazed if they were any worse than this lot

In the first half it was like training ground exercise of attack v defence

Stevenage caused us more trouble in the first 20 minutes on Saturday than this lot managed the entire game. All they did was smash it aimlessly up the pitch to get the ball out of their half, and then reset themselves to defend the next attack. Never seen anything quite like it

Yeah they definitely were, Cheltenham were the worst side we've played in years.

But you're right, Yeovil weren't partiularly interested in getting a result of any description last night. I'd feel cheated if I was a Glovers fan who'd made the trip up, they couldn't even take advantage when we were trying our best to gift them an equaliser in the last five minutes.

Easily the most encouraging home performance of the season. Unlike every other game, we had movement from our midfield. We had a decent shape and the player on the ball usually had a few options.

I liked Morrison at right back. I liked Oakley at right midfield. Berner was excellent because he was an passing option for the man of the ball throughout. I'd even go as far as to say that the last time I saw someone do the job like that as well as that was Lennon.

Howard was excellent until his legs went with 20 mins left. This is a regular occurance and he should be replaced at this point as his performances always deteriorate alarmingly when he's knackered.

Apparently unlike everyone else, my worst player for us was easily Mattock. I cannot for the life of me see why anyone has anything positive to say about his appearance. He fellover the ball 3 times and was generally shite, despite being in acres of space most of the game and having Dyer and Berner supporting him. I'd much rather Powell was there.

Easily the most encouraging home performance of the season. Unlike every other game, we had movement from our midfield. We had a decent shape and the player on the ball usually had a few options.

Howard was excellent until his legs went with 20 mins left. This is a regular occurance and he should be replaced at this point as his performances always deteriorate alarmingly when he's knackered.

I agree, great first half and Yeovil never had a chance of doing anything with the ball, same with the second half up until the last 10 minutes, I was hoping against hope that they wouldn't sneak one through, I know it wasn't really likely but its happened before.

Howard lost all composure in the last 10 minutes, he did have a good game but should have been subbed in the last 10 minutes - he looked absolutely knackered.

Atmosphere from the fans was awesome at times too, feels fantastic when the entire stadium is chanting - :038:

I wish the team the best for Saturday, can't make it but will be listening in. :038::038:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping against hope that they wouldn't sneak one through, I know it wasn't really likely but its happened before.

If that little blond lad had a bit more composure and skill they would have got one!

Worst opposition we have seen all season (and I include Stevenage)

But we still played some pretty good stuff - and a very patient approach which was nice to see (despite the morons in the crowd booing and moaning every time we passed the ball backwards or sideways - complete wankers, they really are)

Howard was outstanding - anyone who says/believes otherwise is a complete and utter ignorant twat in my humble opinion. His first half performance was as good as we have seen in the centre forward position for a very very long time.

Dyer and Mattock did some great work down the left, and Oakley was superb (although should have been moved inside in the second half to compensate for the awful Bruno Berner)

Such a shame we lost our heads completely in the last five minutes, but at least we held on. In years gone by I suspect we wouldn't have

All in all, it was an all round decent effort :038:

Pretty much agree with all that, H....except the bit about Berner.
Whilst acknowledging he wasn't great with the ball, I thought he did more 'without-the-ball' stuff in 90 mins last night than the previous combo's combined.

I must add that our set pieces are possibly the worst I've ever seen (from any team)

Long high looping corners to the back post - or more often ten yards beyond the back post

And our great new free-kick routine

Tippy-tappy the ball to each other and then someone whumps the fecker. Dreadful

Whatever they are doing all week long, it ain't working on set-pieces. Quite embarrassing

With you again, H.

He was truly shite in the second half - maybe she was doing some knitting or something...

That's insulting.......now if you had said card-making:icon_razz

I never said he was brilliant! Just that he was steady. First half he was decent enough, second half he erred towards being a headless chicken, but he was better than he was on satdee. Certainly not the answer to our midfield problems though.

Last edited:
I think one reason for our blip was the injury to Gilbert. Bringing in Edworthy seemed to solve that. I was worried when Edworthy came off but Morrison did well at right back - much better than Hobbs recent performances. I believe that with time Morrison will become an excellent player.
For the moment I like our shape. However, I hope Gradel will not be forgotten. I believe that he has the potential to become better than Dyer with experience; but he is not going to learn unless he gets games.
I would like to see NP start with the side the shape it is now but revert to a two man midfield in the last twenty minutes bringing on Gradel when legs are beginning to tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363