Yeovil

Status
Not open for further replies.
good workman like performance tonight played keep ball most of the match. Mattock looked good, Tunchev stood out again, King had one of his best games in a blue shirt, we just lacked that bit of penetration. Too many of the players want an extra touch on the ball before making a pass which tends to slow the play down and give the opposition time to get back

It would be nice nto to feel so nervous with 5 mins to go!

Should've been more comfortable than it was, but they got the result that mattered.

Played some good possession football and looked like they were in first gear, til those last five minutes!

Morrison looked far better at right back than Hobbs has.
Oakley again looked better out wide(though his passing at times was shocking!)
Berner looked steady.
Howard won most of his headers and I thought he actually had a decent game.
And for a change King managed to hold his own in midfield.( Though I'm not going to bother complaining about him not tackling anymore, after seeing some of his attempted 'tackles' tonight I've decided he can't tackle anyhoo!:icon_lol: Just do what you did tonight and as long as you have an older heard to clean up after ya that'll do for the time being!)
Mattock and Dyer did very well on the left, it's going to take a lot to keep JM here in January, and unfortunately I don't think we will if silly money is offered.
Pity about Edgeworthy getting crocked, it happened quite early on so surprised it took so long for the change.

All in all, despite the nervy finish, a decent performance.

Same on satdee but at least one more goal please!

It would be nice nto to feel so nervous with 5 mins to go!

Same on satdee but at least one more goal please!

That wouldnt be City though would it ? Its in their contracts to make the fans sweat.

On the latter point i refer the RH Lady to the above sentence:icon_bigg:icon_wink

One poor side to our play was the lack of and the quality of the few crosses we put into the box.

Time and again we had chance to deliver crosses into the box for Howard who was winning everything in the air but time and again players cut back or played it inside.

Having said that we played some cracking stuff 1st half and if Oakley had scored the chance towards the end of the half it would have been a superb goal after keeping possession for a good while.

2nd half, its fair to say the players coasted for most of it.

Worst opposition we have seen all season (and I include Stevenage)

But we still played some pretty good stuff - and a very patient approach which was nice to see (despite the morons in the crowd booing and moaning every time we passed the ball backwards or sideways - complete wankers, they really are)

Howard was outstanding - anyone who says/believes otherwise is a complete and utter ignorant twat in my humble opinion. His first half performance was as good as we have seen in the centre forward position for a very very long time.

Dyer and Mattock did some great work down the left, and Oakley was superb (although should have been moved inside in the second half to compensate for the awful Bruno Berner)

Such a shame we lost our heads completely in the last five minutes, but at least we held on. In years gone by I suspect we wouldn't have

All in all, it was an all round decent effort :038:

I must add that our set pieces are possibly the worst I've ever seen (from any team)

Long high looping corners to the back post - or more often ten yards beyond the back post

And our great new free-kick routine

Tippy-tappy the ball to each other and then someone whumps the fecker. Dreadful

Whatever they are doing all week long, it ain't working on set-pieces. Quite embarrassing

Seeing as BF has a track record of being harsh on our players I think you have just excelled her Homer :icon_lol:

He was truly shite in the second half - maybe she was doing some knitting or something...

I must add that our set pieces are possibly the worst I've ever seen (from any team)

Long high looping corners to the back post - or more often ten yards beyond the back post

And our great new free-kick routine

Tippy-tappy the ball to each other and then someone whumps the fecker. Dreadful

Whatever they are doing all week long, it ain't working on set-pieces. Quite embarrassing

Moaning bastard

I'm providing an honest commentary for those not lucky enough to go to the game

They would be lost without my inciteful comments....

:102:

i thought we played some good stuff in the 1st half and shouldve gone into ht 2 or 3-0 up, it was an easy 1-0 victory but panic set in with 5/10 minutes to go, yeovil were terrible they offered virtually nothing all game, i cant remember henderson making a save

Worst opposition we have seen all season (and I include Stevenage)

But we still played some pretty good stuff - and a very patient approach which was nice to see (despite the morons in the crowd booing and moaning every time we passed the ball backwards or sideways - complete wankers, they really are)

Howard was outstanding - anyone who says/believes otherwise is a complete and utter ignorant twat in my humble opinion. His first half performance was as good as we have seen in the centre forward position for a very very long time.

Dyer and Mattock did some great work down the left, and Oakley was superb (although should have been moved inside in the second half to compensate for the awful Bruno Berner)

Such a shame we lost our heads completely in the last five minutes, but at least we held on. In years gone by I suspect we wouldn't have

All in all, it was an all round decent effort :038:

I agree with all that, although I felt Oakley was only average - he gave the ball away a fair bit at times although he was out of position. Did we need Berner in the holding position against a team that offered nothing?! I'd have changed it by putting Dickov/Campbell on the right and Oakley back in the middle but then again i'd have probably cost us the game in doing so.

I thought King was excellent too.

I'm very sorry - I've got a headache

You need the right medication and a long period of rest.

Clearly it does you no good whatsoever to go to these matches and unless you stop going you are likely to become very ill indeed.

In contrast, I had a ticket for last night - didn't go .... got back in late....saw the result ...saw the league table ...and feel fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363