You can always tell how strong your squad is when..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heineken Matt

..........you get relegated and there is no real interest in any of the senior squad members from other teams.

I think Gareth Mcauley is the only player who has moved on, I have seen no links in the press to other players leaving despite our demise.

That probably tells you how good our players really are. I am sure we would like to get some of them off the wage bill, but the fact is they ain't good enough to attract any decent transfer fees.

I'd wait a week or so before making a statement about no one moving on, things may change quite quickly.

Very early days, yet

There has been lots of talk about interest in Stearman and Mattock - plus a few rumours about Clemence, Oakley and Howard

Wouldn't surprise me if we received genuine bids for all of the above, plus Hume, over the next few weeks

Last edited:
Come end of Auguest when the higher earners are not moved on the championship teams will pick them up, i can see Oakly and howard leaving along with Chambers in Transfer deadline deals

..........you get relegated and there is no real interest in any of the senior squad members from other teams.

I think Gareth Mcauley is the only player who has moved on, I have seen no links in the press to other players leaving despite our demise.

That probably tells you how good our players really are. I am sure we would like to get some of them off the wage bill, but the fact is they ain't good enough to attract any decent transfer fees.

I think you are right in the sense that we have few remaining 'hot properties' - but I also think that Bifa Bacon has a good point. There may well be managers who in a more leisured approach will pick off some of our players to fill squad places etc in the next few weeks. I'm sure quite a number of players' agents will be working to line their pockets with a few transfers.

I would have thought Hume, Mattock and Stearman are all sellable at the right price.

I honestly can't think of a single player in the squad I wouldn't sell if a reasonable offer comes in.

What about the rest of you?

They're obviously all available but I'd like to at least see Gradel play before he's sold.

I honestly can't think of a single player in the squad I wouldn't sell if a reasonable offer comes in.

But isn't that the same anywhere?

Look at Manure. Even Ronaldo is gone at thr right price.

Personally I wouldn't sell a single one of them

Despite their pitiful efforts last year I think that, given the right management, they are more than capable as a group of getting us promoted out of League One

If we sell them, I shudder to think who this nutcase will bring in as their replacements - and then we may be consigned to this level of football for some considerable time

Better the devil you know, in this instance

Personally I wouldn't sell a single one of them

Despite their pitiful efforts last year I think that, given the right management, they are more than capable as a group of getting us promoted out of League One

If we sell them, I shudder to think who this nutcase will bring in as their replacements - and then we may be consigned to this level of football for some considerable time

Better the devil you know, in this instance

That's a really good point.

They're obviously all available but I'd like to at least see Gradel play before he's sold.

He's supposed to be a bit of a prospect isn't he???? Was he out on loan last season?

I'd like to see more of King & Ashley Chambers too.

That's a really good point.

There are exceptions of course - namely DJ Campbell, Bruno N'Gotty, Barry Hayles and Stephen Clemence - all of whom I would happily let go for twenty pence each and a packet of Scampi Fries

There are exceptions of course - namely DJ Campbell, Bruno N'Gotty, Barry Hayles and Stephen Clemence - all of whom I would happily let go for twenty pence each and a packet of Scampi Fries

I am afraid, that there lies your downfall, you always push a deal that one stage too far!

There's a brum fan at work who refuses to beleive Dudley is shite.

I see NP is saying he wants the players to start with a clean slate. That's his credibility down the pan then!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566