Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yakubu

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas123

Just wondering if you were the manager, which 1 of these 5 players would you try to sign as most necessary to our squad. Just a bit of fun.

Re: Your the manager

What is "the manager" and how did I acquire it?

Re: Your the manager

Which five players?
i tried to do a poll. The 5 players are nicky maynard, emile heskey, peter whittingham, yakubu and nigel reo-coker. I hope i dont get banned for doing this?

In no particular order:

Peter Ndlovu
Jack Straw
The tooth fairy
Jas12345
Emile Heskey
Vanessa Feltz

Thanks jeff. Mine is whittingham personally, i think we need another left winger, who can add goals too.

Tommy Wright
The Archbishop of Canterbury
A Small Village in Wiltshire
A P Please Bob
Saturn

Now, I'm usually the first to laugh of these "you're the manager" type things as nonsense, but just to put my opinion nonsense fantasist opinion forward.

My answer would be "none of the above - Billy Sharp." - Southampton already had a £3.25mil offer accepted for him, but reportedly turned him down as they didn't want to pay his request of £25k a week, which it seems our owners would happily fork out for. Doncaster play a similar style of football to us, so we know he's proven in a patient, attacking style. We would in theory create even more chances than he'd have at Doncaster. In theory/on paper/in my cuckoo fantasy world he'd be as close as we could get to a shoe-in 20-goal striker and for a reasonable price.

I apologise for being dragged down to their level. Watch us sign him now and him fail miserably for us.

Last edited:
My answer would be "none of the above - Billy Sharp." - Southampton already had a £3.25mil offer accepted for him, but reportedly turned him down as they didn't want to pay his request of £25k a week, which it seems our owners would happily fork out for. Doncaster play a similar style of football to us, so we know he's proven in a patient, attacking style. We would in theory create even more chances than he'd have at Doncaster. In theory/on paper/in my cuckoo fantasy world he'd be as close as we could get to a shoe-in 20-goal striker and for a reasonable price.

I'll pay special attention to Sharp if I go to the Carlisle v Doncaster match tomorrow. I've always thought he was over-rated, he's not looked that good when I've seen him in the past.

Can't argue with his goal ratio for Donny though.

15 in 29 last season, 15 in 33 the season before. It's pretty much bang on 1 in 2 for a struggling team.

Give him a full season here in a similar style of play with more chances created for him and he could very easily end up getting 20+ goals.

Last edited:
Now, I'm usually the first to laugh of these "you're the manager" type things as nonsense, but just to put my opinion nonsense fantasist opinion forward.

I apologise for being dragged down to their level. Watch us sign him now and him fail miserably for us.

Great post, and I agree with your suggestion, but if you'd read the other threads you would know that we are after a 40-goal-a-season striker. Please pay attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566