• Nigel Reo-Coker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yakubu

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Nigel Reo Coker would be a disaster waiting to happen, has been a trouble maker at West Ham and Villa...pretty sure him and O'Neill actually came to blows on the training ground once. I'd take Maynard and Whittingham but don't want to pay over inflated prices for either though.

Ooo ooo ooo, BM, BM, do one for Jas123.

Typical of you to take a long winded route instead of an easy one.

Jas123
3-2-1
Dusty Bin

That was kind of the joke, guess BM missed it. :icon_wink

That was kind of the joke, guess BM missed it. :icon_wink

The people behind 3-2-1 would have made it as complicated and convoluted as possible. BM probably has them all on video. You're probably too young to remember it.

Here's a real 3-2-1 riddle from Wikipedia:
For example, a wishbone brought on by Sonny Hayes came with the clue "Take one that never changes, add a pub and a precious stone, bring them all up-to-date, and now you're on your own", which the contestants rejected hoping it referred to Dusty Bin.

Rogers explanation of the clue was: "'Take one that never changes', well that could be Dusty Bin which of course is where you might throw a wishbone. 'Add a pub and a precious stone', well that doesn't point to Dusty. 'Bring them all up-to-date, and now you're on your own'. Well what about the wishbone? Sonny said 'a large wishbone', so what might a large wishbone come from? Something larger than a chicken. Turkey maybe? Now 'one that never changes' is a constant, a pub can also be an inn, there's a lot of precious stones but how many go with 'constant inn'? How about opal? Yes, Constantinople, up-to-date, the pride of Turkey, you've rejected the 3–2–1 holiday!"

Last edited:
I am too young to have seen it and have absolutely no idea what the idea of the show was, only know about dusty bin from some clip shows.

Last edited:
I'd take a smashing bunch of lads for a run around Bradgate park and tell them to do their bestest if I managed city, might even give a barbeque set to the player that got to old john first.

I'd take a smashing bunch of lads for a run around Bradgate park and tell them to do their bestest if I managed city, might even give a barbeque set to the player that got down on my old john first.

Frankly, I've been sickened by more obnoxious abuses of power than this but yours also leaves me feeling deeply let down.

i think anyone on the list of maynard, heskey, reo coker, whittingham, fernandes and yakubu would round us off amazingly for the start of the new season.
if i had to choose i'd take, maynard, heskey and fernandes. which is perhaps a touch greedy.
Added to this i feel that moussa, oakley, howard, teixera and tunchev (loan to get fit) are becoming surplus to requirements and will make the squad too big.
My squad of 23 would be (including potential above) : Schmeichel, Weale, Peltier, Pantsil, Konchesky, Berner, Ball, Bamba, St Ledger, Mills, (Fernandes), King, Danns, Wellens, Abe, Gallagher, Dyer, Waghorn, Nugent, Schlupp, Heskey, Maynard, Vassell
That would be a serious championship squad with potentially, Waghorn, Schlupp and/or Berner loaned out for match fitness if not in the 16 regularly.

Another one from the show where it sounded like dusty bin was the obvious answer.
To clean your own house, you'll need one of these,
To collect your rubbish, if that's what you please."
(accompanied by a dustpan and brush)

Remember, the choices for the solution are Car, Bin, (and possibly something else)

What do you think? It's the bin! Discard it! It's the bin. And they duly discarded it.

"Well", Ted would begin, "To clean your house, you'll need one of these.
That could be a hoover or something, and it could be Dusty Bin.
To collect your rubbish, if that's what you please....
well, you'd certainly be pleased to collect one of these...
and you'd need it to collect your rubbish if you were taking it to the dump or something...
yes, you've rejected the car !"
What?... Cue: gasps from the audience, Ted looking full of pity, Dusty wearing his usual smile (underneath a large droopy Greek moustache). And incredibly, remarkably, shocked contestants. Standing there open-mouthed. Disbelieving - "How could we have been so stupid?" How could you not? Who would get that right?
OR this
Clue: "The Arches Might Provide A Clue, Not Strolling But He's Going Too", (accompanied by some sheet music.)

Solution: "Well the first three letters of arches might have been clue enough,
but we also said not strolling but he's going too.
Well if you take away HES from arches, all you have left is ARC.
If you rearrange that with the sheet music,
you're left with 'Music Maestro Please'.
So what do think that means? Maestro! The British Leyland Maestro!
Yes you've rejected the car!"

Another one from the show where it sounded like dusty bin was the obvious answer.

I now remember why I didn't used to watch the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566