A new era?

Hopefully he's already learnt to advise Amartey & Soumare to stay at home and he'll call them if needed. This after he confiscated their mobiles!

Imagine Rodgers letting people see his training sessions.

I love the thought of Smith doing the exact opposite of that prick.

Imagine Rodgers letting people see his training sessions.

I love the thought of Smith doing the exact opposite of that prick.

When Rodgers did anything, it felt to me so rehearsed and largely out of a psychobabble manual.

Smith just looks natural and normal.

I have to say, I really enjoyed watching that and for some reason I feel strangely confident now.

I haven't posted in a while, and I haven't done any more than check the scores sometime after a game recently either. (cue calls of part-time fan) I am not in a good place mentally at the moment and think I had given up on this season, emotionally, I needed a break from it.

My feelings are already negative, but I can't get enthused by this appointment. Smith doesn't strike me as an actual manager. He did okay at Villa for a while due to his relationship with the club and players, but as soon as that wore off he showed he didn't have the qualities needed to keep it going or overcome the challenges. (Much like Shakespeare) He has no relationships here and is instantly in a situation where he needs to change the whole mentality of the players to survive, but there is nothing to suggest he is capable of doing it.

If we had made a change sooner we would have had different options I'm sure. The fact that we left things so late and ended up with Smith makes me sad.

It might be a while before you see me again.

I haven't posted in a while, and I haven't done any more than check the scores sometime after a game recently either. (cue calls of part-time fan) I am not in a good place mentally at the moment and think I had given up on this season, emotionally, I needed a break from it.

My feelings are already negative, but I can't get enthused by this appointment. Smith doesn't strike me as an actual manager. He did okay at Villa for a while due to his relationship with the club and players, but as soon as that wore off he showed he didn't have the qualities needed to keep it going or overcome the challenges. (Much like Shakespeare) He has no relationships here and is instantly in a situation where he needs to change the whole mentality of the players to survive, but there is nothing to suggest he is capable of doing it.

If we had made a change sooner we would have had different options I'm sure. The fact that we left things so late and ended up with Smith makes me sad.

I am sorry to hear that you have mental health problems at the moment. I had a serious mental crash about 10 years ago and thanks to a brilliant doctor and an understanding wife, I was able to get through it, even though it took me a while.

I agree with your comment that if it had happened earlier, we would have had more choice. However, we are where we are and the appointment of Smith and his buddies might just be enough to keep us up and rebuild with a complete new team at all levels for next season.

Look after yourself and keep taking the Paroxetine.

I hope it isn’t a while before we see you again. Take care of yourself and remember that this place can be a good place to talk, away from the pressures of real life.

Yes, sorry to hear this. I was in a dark place about 4 years ago and realised after a while that I needed to get some help. I'm now much better, thanks to my wife, a doctor and a prescription.

Please don't feel like you are alone. Reach out, as there are plenty of people out their who will talk. Take care.

Take care mate. Be kind to yourself.

So sorry to read this. Don't be a stranger ace!

Sorry to hear this. Look after yourself and don’t be a stranger to TB.

There’s some good light-hearted banter on here sometimes that, you never know, might lighten things for a short while.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463