Andy King: future legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is demonstrably nonsense, but I understand that you did it for comedic effect :icon_wink

Unless Sven is suddenly a complete football cretin, I think he'll be able to find room for the best player we've had since Muzzy Izzet left the club.

Spot on.

Sven is not worth paying a penny piece for his management if he does not see Andy King in the clubs current and future team.

As much as I rate King I feel it's slightly premature to be saying that. Not that I can really think of an alternative off the top of my head
Jason Jarrett, Matt Heath, Stephen Hughes.

:038::038::038:

Edit: Didn't mean that to come across as mocking. Just saying that the last eight years has been pretty dismal.

I certainly didnt say it but it was a common comment on here

Only from one person who became strangely silent until Kingy had a below average game and then started revelling in his shortcomings again.

I think it pays to ignore cretins.

'Future legend' ....for those fans amongst us of detail

No it wasn't.

It was a point of view expressed by quite a few regardless of the exact comment made. It was also a common view expressed by a lot of fans away from the forum.

It was a point of view expressed by quite a few regardless of the exact comment made. It was also a common view expressed by a lot of fans away from the forum.

I am happy to admit that two years ago, whilst acknowledging that King had a brilliant shot from free kicks etc, he often went missing in midfield and was not prepared/able to make the big tackles.

I am happy to admit that two years ago, whilst acknowledging that King had a brilliant shot from free kicks etc, he often went missing in midfield and was not prepared/able to make the big tackles.

Have to agree. I used to think the boy was a bit of a pansy- never used to notice he was playing. Now he has a hefty part in nearly all of our attacks. Over two years he has improved immeasurably. I would be tempted to rate him as the most valuable (money-wise) member of our squad- maybe even more than Waggy.

People cannot be legends.
You can have legends about a person, they can be the subject of a legend, but they can't be a legend themselves.

Macky - I appreciate your work as a resource on English grammar - but in football speak and other vernacular ,the use of the word 'legend' has been extended to apply to more than only a traditional story - to include people of special and outstanding fame.

Not so long ago there were folk on here (not legends as such, I admit) who posted that Andy King was more or less a waste of space... didn't run about enough, couldn't tackle etc etc. I amongst others pointed out that he had an exceptional scoring rate for a young midfielder. But he still isnt a legend in any sense of the term.

It wasn't a 'common' comment on 'here'.

Macky - I appreciate your work as a resource on English grammar - but in football speak and other vernacular ,the use of the word 'legend' has been extended to apply to more than only a traditional story - to include people of special and outstanding fame.

Not so long ago there were folk on here (not legends as such, I admit) who posted that Andy King was more or less a waste of space... didn't run about enough, couldn't tackle etc etc. I amongst others pointed out that he had an exceptional scoring rate for a young midfielder. But he still isnt a legend in any sense of the term.

Legendary

I think it's worth noting he has imporved considerably in his couple of seasons playing regular first team football. Some people doubted whether he would make the grade (I was one of them) other saw the potential.

What a great player to have for no transfer fee. One of the few ocassions where picking up youth team rejects from the 'big 4' has paid dividends. Well done Andy King.

I also thought he used to go missing a lot during games. I think he still does to a lesser extent but is now getting on the score sheet on a regular basis. If he touches it once in 90 mins and scores the winner people are more forgiving. His all round game has improved tremendously this season. I applaud the people who spotted the potential that I clearly didnt. Although its worth noting that I once suggested Junior Lewis would be become a top star in the game (seriously) before he joined us I may add. I also stick by my prophecy that Jack Hobbs will be a future england captain. I hope that isnt as inaccurate as my prediction that Carlton Palmer would one day manage England :icon_lol:

Some people doubted whether he would make the grade (I was one of them)

Pessimistic? You? I don't believe it.

The eternal optimist I am, I always rated the boy...but then I also rated Heath and Steven Hughes.....so clearly I don't have the foggiest.

I also remember thinking flop flop was a decent player first time I saw him play (Liverpool at filbo I believe)....hmmm

Many people seem in denial that they thought Andy King should be got rid of. I would like to go back and find the posts to back up my point but I cant be bothered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669