Andy King: future legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see the Welsh match yesterday as I was out (probably a good thing) but here is one correspondent's rating of King's performance
http://www.blog-golwg360.com/tag/pel-droed/

It translates:
Andy King – in his first start after a successful spell in the Under-21s with his club Leicester. Played well enough, looked to support Church in the attack at every chance. Could have done more with the half-chances he had, but plenty of potential. 7/10

He missed an easy chance to score with a header, but otherwise he did do some good runs through the centre with the ball and he also got into useful positions when the diving Swiss weren't on the ball.

He missed an easy chance to score with a header, but otherw*s* he did do some good runs through the centre with the ball and he also got into useful positions when the diving Swiss weren't on the ball.

I didn't watch the second half, but was this the easy header that was actually Collins, despite what the commentator said?

The easy header was in the second half, it was definitely King.

He played well though, as did Bale and the Welsh goalkeeper whose name I can't remember. None of the others impressed me.

He should have gone for goal but instead tried to nod it down for a team mate and didn't connect properly.

I didn't watch the second half, but was this the easy header that was actually Collins, despite what the commentator said?

If you watch the replay King almost got a flick on to the header by Collins - any touch would have likely taken it in.

That's not the one I was thinking of. It was a header at goal, just over the bar.

Ah right - missed that and just saw Sky Sports News keep showing the one I mentioned.

I am happy to admit that two years ago, whilst acknowledging that King had a brilliant shot from free kicks etc, he often went missing in midfield and was not prepared/able to make the big tackles.

Have to agree. I used to think the boy was a bit of a pansy- never used to notice he was playing. Now he has a hefty part in nearly all of our attacks. Over two years he has improved immeasurably. I would be tempted to rate him as the most valuable (money-w*s*) member of our squad- maybe even more than Waggy.

^^^^ This.

It was the only part of his game that used to annoy me, that he wouldn't ever put his foot in for a tackle, but over the last year that changed and he definitely gets stuck in now, when he has to. He still goes missing in some games, but then so do a lot a players- can't be the key player all the time, off days happen.

Why thanks, I'd forgotten I was a bit part supporter nowadays and watching that shambolic performance on tv means I can't say what I think from what the cameras allowed those at home to see-which was hardly owt of Mr. King( or indeed any of the midfield)

I'll remember in future not to post any comments about matches I never went to.

And I'm not that shallow that I do nowt but watch Oakley all match...I di actually go to watch the team I love first and foremost as hard as that might be to believe.

Why thanks, I'd forgotten I was a bit part supporter nowadays and watching that shambolic performance on tv means I can't say what I think from what the cameras allowed those at home to see-which was hardly owt of Mr. King( or indeed any of the midfield)
:icon_lol: Look who bit. It stands to reason that if you watched it on tv you didn't see as much as those who went.
I'll remember in future not to post any comments about matches I never went to.
Good :icon_bigg
And I'm not that shallow that I do nowt but watch Oakley all match...I di actually go to watch the team I love first and foremost as hard as that might be to believe.
I'm not disputing that. I'm just saying if you think King was absent against Norwich, maybe you're mixing him up with someone else. Oakley? Wellens? Take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669