Ashes - 1st test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the weather might hold for play on all 5 days (probably rain interupted). I can therefore see a result.

Missed our chance to get a big total today. Solid middle order for once but disappointing not to at least have one ton in there.

I can see Jimmy lad getting movement with the new ball. Interesting to see what Straus has planned.

Last edited:
Talk about damning with faint praise, KP on Hauritz "He bowled pretty well today......he's not the worst bowler in the world. I can see why he plays for Australia"

kp went to play a shot too early, the bowler saw it and went wider so he skied it.
He should have left it, but he'd made his mind up about which shot he was playing.
I can't believe the amount of stick he's taking for it.

I think England are actually on top in this game for me. If they can scrape another 50-70 runs and push towards 400 then i think i can only see an england win.

Australia don't have the weopens they used to and i think were the more likely to bowl them out twice.

Swann, Panesar, Anderson and Flintoff are gonna have big says in this game.

Batting yes we got ourselves out when most had made starts but to me thats a positive. The batters are not far away from getting into a decent groove and just at the right time.

Flintoff was unlucky, prior got a good ball, Pietersen is Pietersen. I dont mind putting up with these shots cus you know he'll get runs. Cook was out to a cracking catch as was collingwood. Bopara got out thought by johnson but he'll get there.

I think England are actually on top in this game for me. If they can scrape another 50-70 runs and push towards 400 then i think i can only see an england win.

Australia don't have the weopens they used to and i think were the more likely to bowl them out twice.

Swann, Panesar, Anderson and Flintoff are gonna have big says in this game.

Batting yes we got ourselves out when most had made starts but to me thats a positive. The batters are not far away from getting into a decent groove and just at the right time.

Flintoff was unlucky, prior got a good ball, Pietersen is Pietersen. I dont mind putting up with these shots cus you know he'll get runs. Cook was out to a cracking catch as was collingwood. Bopara got out thought by johnson but he'll get there.

I'd agree with that. There were some encouraging partnerships going on out there yesterday and if we can stay in bat for another couple of hours today (hopefully getting near to 400 along the way) then I think we can class that as a decent innings.

Be lucky to make 380 - which will be a piss poor display on a flat pitch against possibly the worst Aussie bowling attack I think I've ever seen

Did you know that if you have the sky sports package, you can watch the ashes on your pc for free (in July and August).

Be 480 before you know it

They look like a pub side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673