Ashes - 1st test

Status
Not open for further replies.
331-4 Two new guys at the crease, another wicket before lunch would be very nice.

Desperate stuff at present

Pray for two days of rain

Could have been worse with the Aussies only managing 230 runs in the day.
The weather looks like playing a part tomorrow, which will probaly result in the Aussies having a 150 lead, and England needing to bat for 2 sessions on Sunday.

Well, my first Ashes test and despite a slow day for England it was a great experience. The newly developed ground is excellent and the atmosphere was brilliant. England were only on top for an hour in the day, the afternoon session was especially disappointing from the mini-comeback just before lunch.

Hopefully rain, rain and more rain tomorrow.

Well, my first Ashes test and despite a slow day for England it was a great experience. The newly developed ground is excellent and the atmosphere was brilliant. England were only on top for an hour in the day, the afternoon session was especially disappointing from the mini-comeback just before lunch.

Hopefully rain, rain and more rain tomorrow.

Presume you just had a ticket for today then Glyn:102:

No more play today I would imagine

Which means England need to bat all day tomorrow to save the test. Lost the two essex batsmen already!

Englands body language is looking like one of a defeated side already.
They never even looked like taking a wicket today. Then they couldnt even hold them off for 7 overs.
Its like i've been watching the same script for the last 20 years:icon_conf

Last edited:
Englands body language is looking like one of a defeated side already.
They never even looked like taking a wicket today. Then they couldnt even hold them off for 7 overs.
Its like i've been watching the same script for the last 20 years:icon_conf

Memories of 1989 really, complacent England side against an Australian side with new faces who piled on a shed load of runs against us :icon_conf

I understand that there are four further test matches to be played.....on different wickets to Cardiff where it seems that in the re-development of the facilities they overlooked how to prepare a half-decent track.

I'm pretty sceptical about the strength of this England side led by a 'one of the boys' captain, but I do feel that there will be plenty of twists and turns in the series.

KP and Strauss gone already. 47-4 and it's sunny outside my window, a few miles from the ground.

A disaster from the last 15 minutes of day 1 onwards.

169 for 7 at tea.

Still more than 30 overs left, and a new ball looming.

As soon as Colly is out, it will be all over imo.

Sensational stuff; I've sat here all day thinking England had blown it, now its a few minutes away from drawing this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566