Confirmed Transfer Beckford loaned to Huddersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure that most people on this board will be unsurprised by my empathy with your reading of the situation: there is just one point that I would question - you say "little money". I have always read that the board will back the manager, who spent well in the summer: have I missed something?

Sorry, I mean in regards to this individual example.

We sign Beckford for decent money, we pay him decent money, we send him out on loan for little money and then more than likely sell him for much less money than we signed him for because we have done a cracking job of devaluing our own asset.

In general we may well have money, although I doubt they want to give Pearson too much of it.

Speak for yourself, that isn't how I'm looking at it at all

Enlighten me then Macky, how do we come out of the situation as winners or even slightly positively?

Sorry, I mean in regards to this individual example.

We sign Beckford for decent money, we pay him decent money, we send him out on loan for little money and then more than likely sell him for much less money than we signed him for because we have done a cracking job of devaluing our own asset.

In general we may well have money, although I doubt they want to give Pearson too much of it.

How much are Huddersfield contributing then? Have we really devalued him, or did we just pay over the odds in the first place?

If Jermaine Beckford's value has dropped then there's only 1 person responsible for that - Jermaine Beckford.

If Jermaine Beckford's value has dropped then there's only 1 person responsible for that - Jermaine Beckford.

Don't agree, but I guess you already knew that.

I think it would require some extreme mental contortions to dispute that the Beckford situation is proving to City's disadvantage.

But I think it's somewhat more complicated than Pearson having mismanaged the situation by not getting the best from a relatively costly player - although partly based on other similar cases and his sometimes difficult and combative communication style I think this is a factor.

But the background is that Beckford was a deadline signing by Sven when he appeared desperate to bring in a goal scorer. Everton needed the money but it always felt like Beckford hadn't really wanted the move.

I go along with the view that the owners wont be keen to lash out that much cash now and broadly I guess that they want to see Pearson deliver promotion and then review the situation - and quite rightly so if they have any sense at all. Loads of money has been wasted in expensive dead end signings and OTT wages since they took over - and we still have a squad with no debt and are competing with clubs who have spent a fraction of our outgoings.

I think it would require some extreme mental contortions to dispute that the Beckford situation is proving to City's disadvantage.

But I think it's somewhat more complicated than Pearson having mismanaged the situation by not getting the best from a relatively costly player - although partly based on other similar cases and his sometimes difficult and combative communication style I think this is a factor.

But the background is that Beckford was a deadline signing by Sven when he appeared desperate to bring in a goal scorer. Everton needed the money but it always felt like Beckford hadn't really wanted the move.

I go along with the view that the owners wont be keen to lash out that much cash now and broadly I guess that they want to see Pearson deliver promotion and then review the situation - and quite rightly so if they have any sense at all. Loads of money has been wasted in expensive dead end signings and OTT wages since they took over - and we still have a squad with no debt and are competing with clubs who have spent a fraction of our outgoings.

I meant to say "no depth" as oppoesed to "no debt" - we've got an abundance of the latter.

and we still have a squad with no debt and are competing with clubs who have spent a fraction of our outgoings.

We have loads of debt you moron. Grow up!

Just for the avoidance of doubt, this is sarcasm. Sarcasm which has depth.

Enlighten me then Macky, how do we come out of the situation as winners or even slightly positively?

I don't live in a black & white world where I adopt as 'fact' the first possibility that I can conceive of concerning a situation, when I have no knowledge of the background or the circumstances that led to the situation.

But if you'd like a hypothetical, how about Beckyboo was a lazy, unmotivated arsehole who was having a detrimental effect on the cohesion of the team, so PEAR SON took the difficult decision of moving him on somewhere else? Always with the express intention of directly pissing you off personally, of course, because he's a bit of a **** like that.

Last edited:
Whichever way you look at this badly managed situation one thing is clear, yet again Leicester City will come out losers in the whole debacle, no striker, little money and another case adding to our reputation of ruining players who were ok elsewhere.

Player will move (has moved) and will score goals for the benefit of another club.

And the cycle will no doubt continue...

Quite.

I don't live in a black & white world where I adopt as 'fact' the first possibility that I can conceive of concerning a situation, when I have no knowledge of the background or the circumstances that led to the situation.

But if you'd like a hypothetical, how about Beckyboo was a lazy, unmotivated arsehole who was having a detrimental effect on the cohesion of the team, so PEAR SON took the difficult decision of moving him on somewhere else? Always with the express intention of directly pissing you off personally, of course, because he's a bit of a **** like that.

Well **** me, let's just talk about things that we all know as fact then shall we Macky, that will make for a bloody interesting forum with much debate and discussion.

Now I know the reason why you never offer anything to any of the football related topics on here, you are waiting to be spoon fed the facts from the Leicester Mercury.

Got any opinions on the Iraq and Afhghan wars Macky? I hope they are totally and utterly factual and contain no specualtion at all that cannot be backed up by total proof.

As for the 2nd half of that post, well there is nothing like going to the extreme end of an argument and putting it forward like a child to back-up your first load of drivel is there.

Go on Macky, try and actually have a chat about the footy without your superiority complex ruining it.

Well **** me, let's just talk about things that we all know as fact then shall we Macky, that will make for a bloody interesting forum with much debate and discussion.

Now I know the reason why you never offer anything to any of the football related topics on here, you are waiting to be spoon fed the facts from the Leicester Mercury.

Got any opinions on the Iraq and Afhghan wars Macky? I hope they are totally and utterly factual and contain no specualtion at all that cannot be backed up by total proof.

As for the 2nd half of that post, well there is nothing like going to the extreme end of an argument and putting it forward like a child to back-up your first load of drivel is there.

Go on Macky, try and actually have a chat about the footy without your superiority complex ruining it.

Umadbro?

But if you'd like a hypothetical, how about Beckyboo was a lazy, unmotivated arsehole who was having a detrimental effect on the cohesion of the team, so PEAR SON took the difficult decision of moving him on somewhere else? Always with the express intention of directly pissing you off personally, of course, because he's a bit of a .... like that.

Problem is that he's now selecting hardworking and motivated non-scoring strikers who are having a detrimental effect on the results of the team - whilst a rejuvenated Beckford is returning a very decent return of a goal every two games.

In my opinion the fans are usually about right about players and as a whole the Leicester support never really took to Beckford - discerning that he probably wasn't putting in 100% - but why was this the case?

'kin hell people are getting rather upset about something they have no control over.

The Beckford situation just looks ridiculous to a neutral:

- Leicester are struggling for goals and are playing Waghorn up front
- Leicester loan out Beckford to a rival
- Beckford scores goals, Waghorn doesn't

I'm quite certain there is more to it than that....but I can't think of many other team decisions and situations that look as patently ridiculous as this one around football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566