Speculation Billy Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on this performance we wouldn't score goals with Linekar in his pomp lined up.

Poor bloke is in for a lot of frustrating games of football in his future.

"If he can win us six or seven games between now and the end of the season it's worth millions to the club."

I remember Leeds saying something almost identical about Beckford...so Sharp may well sign up after he's sat on a bench in the top flight and not score for us in the future.

A footballer not motivated by money. Fair play to him I say

I get the sense that he's a decent sort of bloke - only wants to move if its right for him and his family. Is there anyone who would be confident that at this particular point it would be in his interests to sign for us? We need to sort ourselves out first.

I said to Hazz yesterday that the result would have been no different if sharp had played or not

Agreed. The only thing that would have significantly changed things would have been if they had finished more clinically and/ or we hadn't had Kasper in goal. In that case it would have been seriously embarrassing.

Some 'agent' (on Twitter @FootballAgent12) by the name of Bill Schweinder reckons this deal isn't dead and our board are not prepared to meet the players wage demands.

This agent also reckons Southampton are preparing a bid for Kasper.

Last edited:
Not too fussed about Sharp, but **** selling Kasper. About the only consistantly decent player we have at the minute. I wouldn't sell him for anything other than silly money as I fully expect he will wind up at a top Premier League side one day and I hope it's us that sells him to them!

Seems to be suggested across the board that we failed to meet his wage demands. If so, then we are better to move on.

Seems to be suggested across the board that we failed to meet his wage demands. If so, then we are better to move on.

IF this is true, it would suggest that Pearson's days are numbered. The board have thrown money around as if it is going out of style. They were willing to offer £2-3 million (whatever the true figure may be) and Sharp does not come across as excessively money orientated so, is this a means of pulling out of a transfer for a defunct manager?

IF this is true, it would suggest that Pearson's days are numbered. The board have thrown money around as if it is going out of style. They were willing to offer £2-3 million (whatever the true figure may be) and Sharp does not come across as excessively money orientated so, is this a means of pulling out of a transfer for a defunct manager?

No, it's Pearson's way of not paying stupid money for players. Read the quotes from him and he says we have paid more than we should previously and he wants a team, not just players after the money. Sharp possibly, and quite rightly, pointed out that if SSL was on a reputed 20k a week then he wanted similar.

Or more likely Pearson has identified that's the half the issue currently and doesn't want to make things worse.

Or more likely Pearson has identified that's the half the issue currently and doesn't want to make things worse.

It's the correct approach, though I'm not sure how easy it will be to attract players if we are now not willing to match other contracts. I suppose he made it work at Hull, no reason he won't here.

It's the correct approach, though I'm not sure how easy it will be to attract players if we are now not willing to match other contracts. I suppose he made it work at Hull, no reason he won't here.

Exactly, until we move those players on it may be difficult though. Hence the size and complexity of the mess he faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669