Pre Match Bristol City (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maynard has got to score, It's the rules.

IMO not a must win (2 games into season), certainly a should/need to win, im really hoping we spank em to lift all negativity (i could understand negativity in team form last year but not this) played 3 games won 2!!!

IMO not a must win (2 games into season), certainly a should/need to win, im really hoping we spank em to lift all negativity (i could understand negativity in team form last year but not this) played 3 games won 2!!!

Last year QPR lost 6 and Norwich lost 8.

For us to lose 2 of the first three would make things quite difficult over the course of the season IMO. This is a game that we should be winning, at home against a poor side, no excuses really.

I can see Bristol City 'parking the bus', a bore draw and the subsequent boos from a dispirited crowd. Hope I am wrong.

All this talk of must win games etc and the pressure mounting... does anyone realise that we've played 3 games this season and won 2 of them? Ridiculous.

That seems to be the crazy expectations that the team is facing this season though, and I'm worried, with a team that will need to settle anyway, that it could be the undoing of this year.

Hopefully get a big win tonight and everyone will chill out!

All this talk of must win games etc and the pressure mounting... does anyone realise that we've played 3 games this season and won 2 of them? Ridiculous.

That seems to be the crazy expectations that the team is facing this season though, and I'm worried, with a team that will need to settle anyway, that it could be the undoing of this year.

Hopefully get a big win tonight and everyone will chill out!

The problem is that the club have fuelled the expectations with their spending and media comments, if they don't live upto them there will be the inevitable backlash from the fans who believed the hype.

The problem is that the club have fuelled the expectations with their spending and media comments, if they don't live upto them there will be the inevitable backlash from the fans who believed the hype.

...and there's an awful lot of them.

Where have the club said anything along the lines of 'We are buying the league'? All I have seen are comments from Club and Sven saying they have assembled a squad they believe is good enough to challenge for promotion.

Where have the club said anything along the lines of 'We are buying the league'? All I have seen are comments from Club and Sven saying they have assembled a squad they believe is good enough to challenge for promotion.

Comments about Sven being given as much as he needs to achieve promotion have come from the club, if that isn't tantamount to saying we are buying the league then what is.

"we are buying the league."

Anyway, 72-0 Teddy Ruxpin sent off

No saying "we are buying the league" is not tantamount to saying we are buying the league.

tantamount [ˈtæntəˌmaʊnt]
adj

(postpositive; foll by to) as good (as); equivalent in effect (to) his statement was tantamount to an admission of guilt

It says "we want to get out of this league asap, we have money at our expense to bring in the requisite players to do this. In Sven we trust"

It certainly doesn't say "we are buying the league"

No saying "we are buying the league" is not tantamount to saying we are buying the league.

tantamount [ˈtæntəˌmaʊnt]
adj

(postpositive; foll by to) as good (as); equivalent in effect (to) his statement was tantamount to an admission of guilt

Oh the old "dictionary definition" trick. Thanks nonetheless.

Anyway, I don't see anything that has been said that carries the same sort of hubris that "we are going to buy the league" does.

To say "our target is promotion, though it will be a challenge" is not tantamount to saying "reckon we'll buy the league."

One shows ambition and intent, the other shows misguided arrogance.

I suspect we are both moving away from the point.

I agree that with the money spent and the stated target of automatic promotion there will be an immense amount of pressure throughout the season on everyone involved.

I really hope tonights game will be the beginning of attacking football which to me has been missing again this season, or is it the way sven sets up his team thats at fault, i know its early doors but we were hopeing with these new signings this season ,we would have seen some passion,we the supporters have the passion ,so our players ,and our manager should be showing the same passion,or im affraid we cant afford to long or we are going the wrong way .I cant see our new owners waiting to long for some positive results either.

I really hope tonights game will be the beginning of attacking football which to me has been missing again this season, or is it the way sven sets up his team thats at fault, i know its early doors but we were hopeing with these new signings this season ,we would have seen some passion,we the supporters have the passion ,so our players ,and our manager should be showing the same passion,or im affraid we cant afford to long or we are going the wrong way .I cant see our new owners waiting to long for some positive results either.

Eh?

:018: pashun innit.

Right then.... Play this team please Sven:

Schmullupantus

Pelts Mills Bamba Konch

Wellens King Fernandes Danns

Gally Nugent

Normal service resumed after a 3-1 home win. Then, perhaps, some people will remember that the season is a marathon, not a sprint. We will be fine, keep the faith, let the players start fitting in with the plans without too much pressure at such an early stage of the season. Why anyone would start having a "go" at Mills is totally baffling. Warm seats, less knobs please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669