City Fans Cheered Mattock Injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a scum element among our fans, as there always has been. I'm interested to know how they heard this but not all the other noise our lot made. They certainly weren't doing enough singing of their own to drown it out. Selective hearing maybe? :102: Also, what was the 'she said no' chant aimed at Mattock for?

Said the same last night. Seems to be the new "in chant". Also why were ou lot singing "he only hits women?"

The 'she said no' chant was obviously supposed to be funny, even though it was incorrect.

As for the 'he only hits women' one.......did you not see or hear anything about his court case?

Yes, the one where he was guilty of also hitting a bloke or two.

My point was that he doesn't just hit women.

Also, what was the 'she said no' chant aimed at Mattock for?

Said the same last night. Seems to be the new "in chant". Also why were ou lot singing "he only hits women?"

Yeah, I wondered that too, and could only conclude that some of our fans think that it's really funny when directed towards any footballer that has had any kind of negative publicity involving women. I wouldn't be surprised to hear them chanting it towards Cashley Cole, should we ever face him. I can imagine that they would find it hilarious "banter".

As for the "he only hits women" bit, again I was a bit bemused by this. He hit two blokes and two women in the incident that went to court. So clearly it's wrong. But I did read the argument about this topic on another forum (funnily that was closed before the OP started this thread on here....) and the focus was on Mattock battering a woman in the singular. There's CCTV of the footage, so why people can't report it correctly, I dread to think.

Yeah, I wondered that too, and could only conclude that some of our fans think that it's really funny when directed towards any footballer that has had any kind of negative publicity involving women. I wouldn't be surprised to hear them chanting it towards Cashley Cole, should we ever face him. I can imagine that they would find it hilarious "banter".

They've got Cov and Marlon King at the end of the month. That should keep them happy.

Jebus, its banter, like most football songs/chants are!! I'm pretty sure the city fans last night weren't really trying to tell the sheff utd fans an exact account of what happened that night, just create a bit of an atmosphere with some banter!!

Football songs/chants are all full of crap really - how many managers have been made king after getting their teams promoted? None, but pretty much every set of fans will sing it!

Because it's more 'amusing' innit.

Would be more accurate if they chanted 'he also hits women' but somehow for those chanting it doesnt sound right.

I'm just content to boo him and shout at him for being a knobhead.
To be honest, he's not worth the effort.

They've got Cov and Marlon King at the end of the month. That should keep them happy.
I can't wait..... :icon_lol:

Sour grapes if you ask me, which you aren't, so bite me.

Sheffield Utd fans moan constantly.

We're hard done by, we should not have been relegated from Premier League
West Ham cheated with Tevez , we should have been chosen for World Cup bid not Hillsborough, blardy blardy blar.

Living up here I hear their fans moan every time I tune into the local radio show, called 'Praise or GRUMBLE' (true I've LOL regularly listening).

Even last season and before they always seemed to be moaning - mostly about Kevin Blackwell and his style of football. No doubt they'll be moaning about Micky now after the current bit of Leicester bashing.

Last night they even moaned their own player threw it back to us after Gallagher kicked it out cos our new young fullback was lying flat out in their penalty area. Double standards as always.

Last edited:
Sheffield Utd fans moan constantly.

We're hard done by, we should not have been relegated from Premier League
West Ham cheated with Tevez , we should have been chosen for World Cup bid not Hillsborough, blardy blardy blar.

Living up here I hear their fans moan every time I tune into the local radio show, called 'Praise or GRUMBLE' (true I've LOL regularly listening).

Even last season and before they always seemed to be moaning - mostly about Kevin Blackwell and his style of football. No doubt they'll be moaning about Micky now after the current bit of Leicester bashing.

Last night they even moaned their own player threw it back to us after Gallagher kicked it out cos our new young fullback was lying flat out in their penalty area. Double standards as always.

To be honest that entire paragraph could be applied to a large section of our fans, particularly those on the moan in and after match phone ins.

ankle ligament damage apparently.

Bloody Hell! After following this thread, I got the impression his leg had broken into 50 pieces, been torn off and somehow stuffed itself up his arsehole before being set alight and chewed by a rabid hyena.

Ankle ligament damage. Is that all?

Don't know what all the fuss is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673