Congratulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Because im 17, and its not legal to gamble till your 18 i thought that might of had something to do with it :icon_conf

That's SFA to do with the bank. You already had £1000 and you wouldn't have been bothered about banking that and they wouldn't have been bothered where you had got it from.

They won't be bothered about £2,000 either.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
i cannot bank 2grand without a bank asking how ive got that!!
It's none of their business, I can guarantee you won't be asked about it.

Maybe if you put £2,000,000 in your account after a recent hoist in the local town they'd be entitled to break confidentitliaty laws and speak to the Rozzers, but they'll never question £2,000.

Tamworth Fox

I couldnt collect my winnings! The guy at the till said it will take 23 mins from the time i got there, so i said ok ill collect it at 5pm. Should i be worried?

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
I couldnt collect my winnings! The guy at the till said it will take 23 mins from the time i got there, so i said ok ill collect it at 5pm. Should i be worried?
As you are not 18 yet, the guy behind the counter probably didn't wish to pay up but didn't have the authority not to do so. When you return the manager will be there and you'll either be credited with your stake, or you'll be given your winnings and then have your head kicked in 10 minutes later

Nottingham Fox

Thats rather precise ......

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Yes. By the time you return, they will have your birth certificate. The bet will have been declared null and void and you will get your stake money returned to you.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Was this a cash bet? Did you walk into a betting office with a grand in your pocket? Are you going to feel safe walking out of a bettign office with more than two grand in your pocket?

Han

****ing crazy.

if i had a spare grand i'd think of much better ways of putting it to use.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Surely any age verification has to be at the point of taking the cash not when it comes to paying out.

highland fox

Surely any age verification has to be at the point of taking the cash not when it comes to paying out.

No because its up to the customer to prove their age,if they find out he's 17 they legally don't have to pay him

Nottingham Fox

Just to go in and look sheepish like that day in the pub at WBA. Be confident !!!

Nottingham Fox

No because its up to the customer to prove their age,if they find out he's 17 they legally don't have to pay him

You have to be 18 to bet, so surely it's upto the member of staff to ask the question. Surely they can't take the money and appear to worry about it later ???

You can't send a 14 year old in to buy a packet of cigarettes, then the next day he takes them back because he got the wrong ones and then say NO because he's under age. Had the correct questions been asked 1st, the cigarettes wouldn't have been sold.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Typical really.

I'd get someone else to collect it Jessel.

Probably be too late. It's possible that they clocked him when he put the bet on and they will certainly have done so when he tried to collect it this morning.

There was a similar case with the National Lottery where an under-age girl had bought a ticket which proved to be a big winner. When she tried to collect it, she was refused and even her parents couldn't collect it. The ticket was voided and her stake was returned.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
You have to be 18 to bet, so surely it's upto the member of staff to ask the question. Surely they can't take the money and appear to worry about it later ???

As long as an under-age punter is losing, or only winning small sums, a bookie will turn a blind eye. "Sorry, guv. He said he was 18 and he looked 18" As soon as he wins big, it is a different matter; they just say that the bet was illegal and therefore null and void.

Bookies are like ticket touts - they have different moral standards to everybody else.
:icon_wink

MHS

Does he have to get his winnings from the same shop that he placed the bet?

highland fox

You can't send a 14 year old in to buy a packet of cigarettes, then the next day he takes them back because he got the wrong ones and then say NO because he's under age. Had the correct questions been asked 1st, the cigarettes wouldn't have been sold.

So its a busy day and you have to ask every customer who comes in are they over 18?:icon_roll

Nottingham Fox

As long as an under-age punter is losing, or only winning small sums, a bookie will turn a blind eye. "Sorry, guv. He said he was 18 and he looked 18" As soon as he wins big, it is a different matter; they just say that the bet was illegal and therefore null and void.

But surely they are breaking the law, accepting the bet in the first place. They will have a duty as part of their license to take bets from persons aged 18 or over. If they fail to ask for ID then they have not adhered to their duty, and are liable for prosecution :102:

Bar staff are fined £80 up here if the are found to be selling alcohol to persons under the age of 18. So they thefore make it their duty to comply with the law and ask for ID. The venue also gets a warning, and if they fail more than 'x' amount of times they get shut down for a period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669