Congratulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're in it to make money - not to provide a public service. Much the same as Ebay host illegal auctions.

Exactly Boc,theres a difference between knowingly taking bets off under 18s and allowing the odd borderline case to slip through

Exactly Boc,theres a difference between knowingly taking bets off under 18s and allowing the odd borderline case to slip through

So you would say the same about selling a knife to someone under 18?:102:

But that is like saying it is 5 to midnight on new years eve and I work in a pub and im not gonna check the id of someone looking under 18 if Im serving just so people can get a drink before 12. Would I really want to run the risk of the 2 grand fine? I don’t think so.

Working in a Betting Shop and working a Pub are two different things entirely

Working in a Betting Shop and working a Pub are two different things entirely

But the law is the law highland, how can you distinguish between the two?

Last edited:
I really can't be arsed arguing if you had worked in a Betting Shop you might have a different perspective on this.

Where does that disagree with anything that I wrote? Please point it out to me.

What I do see from it is that Jessel would have to admit that he had committed an offence in entering a betting shop and again that he had committed an offence by placing a bet. The betting shop has only to take 'reasonable steps' to determine the person's age - they are not obliged to ask for ID - they have to do what is reasonable - if, after asking the person if he is 18, they are reasonably satisfied that he is, they will say that they have done what is reasonable. It would need the kind of evidence that I have already mentioned to prove that they had not done enough.

Section 5.2.4 specifically states what a betting shop must do if they find out that a bet has been placed by a minor. They must return they stake money and they must not give the prize.

Last edited:
wish i had a grand!

wish i had £100

What bookies was it anyway Jessel? :102:

Yes Jessel - tell us which bookies it was and which branch. the we can all meet you outside and make sure your money stays safe.

Are there any dark alleys near the shop?

Yes Jessel - tell us which bookies it was and which branch. the we can all meet you outside and make sure your money stays safe.

Are there any dark alleys near the shop?

Well thats two of us, should do him over no probs, only a ute! :icon_lol:

Was thinking more along the lines of telling the bookies! Well not really, just say that to shit him up a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566