Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Himself on a bike. That's on par with various people I know being allowed to work despite being ill after coming back from Thailand. Nowts happened there has it?
I can hear Kammy screaming from here.

It's fine though, their doctor said they were fine so nothing to worry about.

Not like the Chinese have a recent history of trying to cover anything like this up.

Thailand's struggling because they rely so much on tourism, and no one is going there now. The operators of duty free shops at airports could really suffer...

Get the beef but my take.....Half of our office has been there in the last month....too many ****ers are going there and to china imo. We're now to work remotely.....like everything in this response it's so reactive it's a waste of ****ing time. Two weeks of breathing in someone's disease then people get isolated.

We had some ****er from down the street in the news who went on his jollies then came back twisting his chinese wife was stuck there.

The government stance, scientifically, economically, socially and emotionally is absolutely bang on the money at present.

Nigel Pearson is a buffoon.

Here's a sentence I never thought I'd write. I agree with NP completely.

Johnson has been behind this thing all the way.

His explanation is to follow the scientific advice but that's simplistic. Scientific advice includes wanting the infection to spread more. There may be some logic to this but it's the wrong message for a 'leader' to stand behind, as many good leaders around the world are demonstrating.

He's effectively asking people to accept that loved ones will die. The instinct of any right minded person is to protect and prevent, not to expose vulnerable people as part of a fecking graph.

A true leader listens to scientific advice and then makes decisions that are humane. Johnson is patently out of his depth.

Here's a sentence I never thought I'd write. I agree with NP completely.

Johnson has been behind this thing all the way.

His explanation is to follow the scientific advice but that's simplistic. Scientific advice includes wanting the infection to spread more. There may be some logic to this but it's the wrong message for a 'leader' to stand behind, as many good leaders around the world are demonstrating.

He's effectively asking people to accept that loved ones will die. The instinct of any right minded person is to protect and prevent, not to expose vulnerable people as part of a fecking graph.

A true leader listens to scientific advice and then makes decisions that are humane. Johnson is patently out of his depth.

Quite remarkable that almost every other nation is doing what it can to stop the spread whereas we are just doing comparatively nothing and saying, you'll probably lose some of your family but remember to sing happy birthday whilst washing your hands and hope it isn't too many of them.

How many leaders are competent in the field of medicine?
Not many I know of, although some have stronger answers than others.
This is a totally unique situation, to jump on the bandwagon and have a dig at the prime minister shows more of your character, and others, than his.

Ha, ha. I hope you were pissed when you posted this because the level of ignorance is extraordinary.

Go look at what 90% of leaders are doing. Then do a mental calculation of what following a 'herd immunity' principal means. Clue: it's a feck load of dead people.

Then tell me that Johnson is right. Or maybe you might just have to wait until people you care about start dying before you get it?

Ha, ha. I hope you were pissed when you posted this because the level of ignorance is extraordinary.

Go look at what 90% of leaders are doing. Then do a mental calculation of what following a 'herd immunity' principal means. Clue: it's a feck load of dead people.

Then tell me that Johnson is right. Or maybe you might just have to wait until people you care about start dying before you get it?
He is in a no win situation. He is no expert so he takes the best available advice from a team of people who are experts. What else is the bloke supposed to do? I think he's doing a great job.

I'm with Brown Nose Brown Nose . This herd bullshit is great marketing and try to forge a community togetherness. However, I just can't get on board with a strategy that leaves people to die.

I honestly think anyone supporting this strategy is still in denial about the fact it will kill people you know.

He is in a no win situation. He is no expert so he takes the best available advice from a team of people who are experts. What else is the bloke supposed to do? I think he's doing a great job.
But he and his playmates have told us never to listen to experts, but to rely on their inherent wisdom. And, of course, we now know that he (or more likely Svengali Cummins) were actually preparing to do something different.

The only time he was doing a great job was when he went missing.

I'm with Brown Nose Brown Nose . This herd bullshit is great marketing and try to forge a community togetherness. However, I just can't get on board with a strategy that leaves people to die.

I honestly think anyone supporting this strategy is still in denial about the fact it will kill people you know.
I think the fact is this virus will hit. The only thing we can manage is when and for how long. They obviously think it's better to allow the peak to hit in the summer and some level of population immunity for the winter.

Like all of us - I have absolutely no idea if this is the right course of action or not.

Well when every other nation is dealing with this completely different and we even have former Public Health directors of this country coming out and saying we should have/be dealing with this differently, it is perfectly normal to question the way things are being handled:

He's playing a dangerous game imo and using the science card so he has someone to blame it on if it goes wrong.

We need more public figures to be coming out and questioning this and I commend Pearson for using his platform to do this.

All other countries bar one have seen a steady increase in cases followed by a huge spike that their respective countries can’t cope with (Italy is in equivalent NHS meltdown).

We can’t close the country down for 3-4 months so the government approach is correct. If you think closing schools for months is the answer you couldn’t be more wrong - who looks after children when the parents can’t take this time off? Yes, grandparents, the very same group who are most vulnerable.

If people wash their hands and don’t receive a direct hit from a sneeze the only way this can spread is by the virus being transmitted via liquid. So, if you follow the guidelines you are as safe as you can be.

There is a complete, media driven over reaction to this, 11 people have died out of 65 million.

More will die and to a certain extent this is completely unavoidable.

Well when every other nation is dealing with this completely different and we even have former Public Health directors of this country coming out and saying we should have/be dealing with this differently, it is perfectly normal to question the way things are being handled:

He's playing a dangerous game imo and using the science card so he has someone to blame it on if it goes wrong.

We need more public figures to be coming out and questioning this and I commend Pearson for using his platform to do this.
Cobblers! What the **** do 'public figures' know?

'H' from Steps?
Andy Murray's mother?
Keith Vaz?
Rylan Clark-Neal?
Harry Kane?
The Krankies?
Karen Brady?
Jimmy Tarbuck?

Do me a favour!

Cobblers! What the **** do 'public figures' know?

'H' from Steps?
Andy Murray's mother?
Keith Vaz?
Rylan Clark-Neal?
Harry Kane?
The Krankies?
Karen Brady?
Jimmy Tarbuck?

Do me a favour!

Pearson is just echoing the theory of a well respected, former Public Health director, as displayed in the link you have clearly not read or just chosen to gloss over.

Carry on with your straw man theories if you like.

World Health spokesperson also questioning the herd immunity approach now:

I'm not saying Pearson knows more than health experts but if our own media do not question the approach when there is evidence to do so, it is right that other public figures speak their opinion and not just blindly follow the advice of one person.

Pearson is just echoing the theory of a well respected, former Public Health director, as displayed in the link you have clearly not read or just chosen to gloss over.

Carry on with your straw man theories if you like.

World Health spokesperson also questioning the herd immunity approach now:

I'm not saying Pearson knows more than health experts but if our own media do not question the approach when there is evidence to do so, it is right that other public figures speak their opinion and not just blindly follow the advice of one person.
Here’s another one for you:

I think the fact is this virus will hit. The only thing we can manage is when and for how long. They obviously think it's better to allow the peak to hit in the summer and some level of population immunity for the winter.

Like all of us - I have absolutely no idea if this is the right course of action or not.
How the feck do they think they can delay the peak until the summer by doing nothing to delay it? Everything they come out with is contradictory because they don't have a clue how to handle a crisis. They showed this with constant **** ups with Brexit and they're showing it again.

I really hope the cockwombles who voted Tory because Boris made them laugh, are still laughing as their elderly relatives drop dead as acceptable collateral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669