Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder if any of these would be efficacious in these troubled times.

The NHS will struggle to cope with the number of people with the virus. People who don't take sensible precautions to avoid it will make the situation worse for everyone.
So perhaps everybody should self-isolate?

Well when every other nation is dealing with this completely different and we even have former Public Health directors of this country coming out and saying we should have/be dealing with this differently, it is perfectly normal to question the way things are being handled:

He's playing a dangerous game imo and using the science card so he has someone to blame it on if it goes wrong.

We need more public figures to be coming out and questioning this and I commend Pearson for using his platform to do this.
Wayne Rooney too. Maybe he should piss off back to ...... the US?

Keep calm and carry on, it’s the British way

****wits

People will die as a result of the sheer stupidity of the nation

At least all fun has been cancelled. We can go to work and the shops. No fun though.

I hear that the virus is avoiding Coventry as it doesn't want to catch something....

But do the most vulnerable want to be locked down, to be 'saved'? It seems to me that most of the people I meet who are of similar age are quite relaxed about the situation. What will be will be. I don't need anybody to be concerned on my behalf.
Boc, I am a few months away from the at risk age group but have no underlying health problems although every cold I get goes on my chest so I do worry.

I am so glad that, besides the flu vaccine, this year I also chose to get the free lifetime pneumonia inoculation because that is what kills.

However, I think it is the younger generation who are the most worried. I detect a growing sense of hysteria and panic both on this forum and in the country in general.

Certainly, my children have been more in contact with me via social media in the last few days than ever before.

I am not so foolish as to believe it is just for my welfare but more a sense of them wanting reassurance from their elders.

It would have been irresponsible in my view if the government had taken the drastic step of putting everyone in lockdown a week or two ago without having made any preparations for production of ventilators, guaranteeing food supplies, NHS, economic and financial forward planning etc.

I feel the older generation is more stoical and less prone to over concern.

As Churchill said, "Keep buggering on!"

Loc
Lockdown in Leicester Care Homes happened yesterday in the time from ringing them at lunch to when I got there in the afternoon.
Not quite the same through the glass window but at least I could see my mum and see she was fine.
Mercifully, my mother died of dementia in a care home in Shepshed last year. Yesterday I wondered whether if she were still alive I would have gone to visit her even if allowed. I came to the conclusion I wouldn't have done, for the sake of her and the staff. We are all having to make difficult decisions and there is probably no right or wrong.

You won't be surprised to hear that I know plenty of people who are over 60 and care about most of them. But I can assure you that most of them are far more relaxed about their situation than younger people seem to want to believe. I'm going to die sometime; I know that. I hope it's quick and painless when it does come but I will have little control over that. But to some great extent other people will be affected by my eventual death than I will be. Four months in isolation would cause me more pain than death, of that I'm sure.

You surely know better than to apply personal preference and anecdotal evidence to a large swath of the human race?

I hear that the virus is avoiding Coventry as it doesn't want to catch something....
Everyone should avoid Coventry. It has become the most lawless, violent and gang-ridden place in the UK. Shootings on the street just about every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669