Coventry - Monday 17th April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Kick-off 3:00 p.m.

Tickets
We have been allocated 5,000 tickets for this fixture, priced at £21 adults, £11 senior citizens/students and £8 for under 16s

Selling arrangements are as follows:
Mon 3 April - Season ticket holders (priority 1)
Tue 4 April - Season ticket holders (priority 2)
Wed 5 April - Season ticket holders (priority 3)
Thu 6 April - Members
Fri 7 April - General sale (subject to availability)

Coaches
Fox Travel coaches will depart at 1 pm, priced at £11 and £9 concessions (Season ticket holders receive a £1 discount).

Directions
The new stadium is located in the Foleshill area to the north of the city.

Leave (or cross?) the M6 at Junction 3. Take the A444 towards Coventry and at the first island go left. You will see the Ricoh Arena on your right.

There is a Park + Ride service available from Whitley in the south of Coventry near the A45/A46 junction; people who can approach from that direction might find it useful - details here (but PLEASE NOTE that the Bedworth P+R also mentioned no longer operates)

There are also some official Park + Walk car-parks near the ground. There used to be rather an odd system where you didn't pay the attendant at the car-park but took a voucher. The voucher had to be validated by paying at the ground before returning to your car. All seems rather cumbersome, although possibly safer for the attendants, and the club were rumoured to be thinking of something simpler (?).

There are various unofficial car-parks, which seem to charge the same £5 as the official ones, but little street parking.

Be warned that Wolves took a large number of fans on their first visit to the Ricoh. Many of them left their journey until too late and 'abandoned' their cars on verges on roads around and at some distance from the ground - they all got parking tickets!! So arrive early and park properly!

Trains
Services on the direct line between Nuneaton and Coventry are suspended. You will therefore need to travel via Birmingham or take the Rail Replacement bus service from Nuneaton.

There are no buses direct from the station to the ground. From the bus stop outside the station, take any bus to Pool Meadow Bus Station. Ask the driver for a "Match Day Ticket" which will cost £3 and gives you return travel not only on that bus but also on the Match Shuttle bus which runs from the Bus Station to the ground at 10 minute intervals from 2 hours before kick-off (Service 101).

After the match the special buses back leave from behind the opposite end of the ground to where we will be standing. Some away fans recommend walking to the main road and catching any passing service bus - apparently you can travel on the same ticket.

Pubs
Try Longford Road. map (Ground is off Judds Lane. You can walk to Longford Road along the nearby canal towpath)

Away Supporters Facilities
Jewson South Stand. It's fairly steeply raked which usually means that you would be close to the action - but not here! - there's a cinder track between the pitch and the stands.

Accoustics are said to be better than at the Walkers (and not only by the Cov fans) so we should be able to make ourselves heard.

Normal range of football ground food, including a chicken balti pie. Look out for cheaper 'pie + pint' offers.

Stewards allegedly very hot on people standing!

5000 tickets?!?!?! ill be there :038: :icon_bigg think we should stand through the match just to annoy the stewards :icon_lol:

Yorkshire Vixen said:
5000 tickets?!?!?!

FIVE thousand is correct! :icon_bigg

Now all we have to do is to sell them!!

The initial allocation is 2000 but the larger amount has already been agreed. I understand that only 2000 tickets are being sent, so I suppose that we can anticipate that there might have to be a period of 'suspension of sale' if there is a run on them.

Good away pub anyone? where are you lot drinking

Last edited by a moderator:
lako42 said:
Good away pub anyone? where are you lot drinking

London Branch will be resting in their usual city centre establishment before taking the bus to the ground.

Well I have been given the knock-back by Dad, 'we dont know what we are doing for Easter?'. And then Mum moaned at the prospect of being at home and then I told about the new shopping centre in Coventry. No that didnt work. We maybe going London for the Friday and Saturday, I cheekily suggested going to see a couple of London teams play on Good Friday. If I had the money and the car I would and then straight up the M1 to the M6 to Coventry to see City win.

So its touch and go at the minute for the Blackbird Rd/Anstey Ln crossroads branch.

any idea if like at luton if you go to the train station you will get put in a pub?
otherwise im struggling as dont know the main away pub

lako42 said:
any idea if like at luton if you go to the train station you will get put in a pub?
otherwise im struggling as dont know the main away pub

The station is miles from the ground. There are plenty of pubs in and around the city centre where you could have a drink before going out to the ground on the special bus. I don't think there is a "main away pub" - the ground is too new for patterns to have become established.

yea of course didnt think about that. i read that Longford Road has a few away accepting pubs on it. may head down there

I'm dead keen to go to this match, it is on my itinerary for my trip to England. Can anyone help me out in regards to getting a ticket? Can I go with some of you? I'll pay you back on the day...honest :D

Last edited by a moderator:
marky boy said:
I'm dead keen to go to this match, it is on my itinerary for my trip to England. Can anyone help me out in regards to getting a ticket? Can I go with some of you? I'll pay you back on the day...honest :D

I'll sort you out a ticket and meet you at the station before the game. Please confirm.

marky boy said:
Which station Boc? Can I join you guys for a drink too or would I be imposing? I'm 21 by the way...

pm sent

I may have missed this but did anyone say which pubs on longford road?

Hazzman said:
I know but it's not far from the M6. Or is that me being a fool?
From M6 take M54 to Telford that turns into the A5 to Shrewsbury. Approx 30 minutes from M6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566