Covid Breaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this bit is true then it just gets worse...

Furious Rodgers texted them to call it a night. But they hid in the dark then half the guests got taxis to Choudhury’s house, 30 miles away in Nottingham, at 1am to continue partying.

It is just astounding. Hiding like pathetic little children and then continuing to act like pathetic little children. Unrepentant, ignorant selfishness. Wouldn't surprise me if Hamza is sacked.

Last edited:
Nice to read so many have taken up horse riding during lockdown.
If the insinuation here is that we are being judgemental then too ****ing right. I am happy to be on my high horse about this. I haven't slunk off to a house party during lockdown, or hid in a cupboard, or ****ed over my employer, or let down my colleagues. Those of us who have put our lives on hold and followed restrictions can, with a clear conscious, judge these pricks as they deserve to be judged.

**** them.

**** them and their wanky little jizz parties.

**** them and their self entitlement.

What little we know (and it is enough by simply gauging the club's reaction alone) enables one to form an initial response. Sure, I might well amend my feelings as details emerge (if indeed they do) but I think there is a pretty damning framework already in place.

I don't think anyone's rushing to premature judgement here.

It's what happens when people feel let down, are disappointed and angry. Weather the storm; people calm down after a bit so long as they are not further provoked. I can understand the anger, indeed feel it too.

Personally I think all of them should have to work in a Covid ward at the LRI for a weekend to understand the implications of their twattery.
Yep. Much more of a punishment than a day off to play golf.

If the insinuation here is that we are being judgemental then too ****ing right. I am happy to be on my high horse about this. I haven't slunk off to a house party during lockdown, or hid in a cupboard, or ****ed over my employer, or let down my colleagues. Those of us who have put our lives on hold and followed restrictions can, with a clear conscious, judge these pricks as they deserve to be judged.

**** them.

**** them and their wanky little jizz parties.

**** them and their self entitlement.
The players were completely in the wrong and there is no excuse for their actions.

Talk of firing them and this being worse than the Wise incident is just ridiculous though.

As I've already said, they should have been given the maximum fine possible and ideally made to do some community work but I doubt they would be able to do the latter due to employment laws etc.

It's happened, it can't be changed but thankfully no harm was done in the sense that no one caught it and it hasn't been passed on to any of the other squad so we should just move on from it ASAP.

Trying to crucify the players for the rest of the season serves no benefit to anyone.

Right now, especially after the defeat yesterday, we as a team need to be more together than anytime if we are to maintain our top 4 position.

Getting the daggers out ready for an assumed future failure of this is only going to increase the chances of missing out on top 4 imo.

My wife just asked me about it (she'd seen reference in the news) As I explained, conveyed what I knew, I was genuinely surprised at the level of hurt within me. It has upset me more than I realised. It's disappointment more than anything but somehow that just doesn't feel like a big enough word.

That's my take too. This wasn't an error of judgement. They knew it was wrong from the get go. Perez knew he shouldn't be thinking it, suggesting it. Others knew it wasn't allowed should have been saying 'no way' and telling Perez he was being a fool. The youngsters maybe get cut a little slack because kids can be dicks, but Wes Morgan... words fail me, to say he should not only have known better but also be setting the example - well, understatement of the year. The suggestion, whoever it came from, should have shot down in flames before it became anything.

No, they knew but simply didn't care. Flagrant is the word I believe.

But 'as bad as Wise'? That's maybe going a bit far for me and I'm not quite there (yet?) But then I loathe Wise and always did so it's easier for me to pile in on the argument. With our Covid 5, I had no ill will in the bank for them - so I feel huge disappointment before any anger. But, yes, arguably their collected action of breathtaking selfish ignorance and arrogance IS worse than one man's cowardly thuggery and spiteful vendetta that followed it.
I think it’s fair to say I was ‘tired and emotional’ last night.

It's happened, it can't be changed but thankfully no harm was done in the sense that no one caught it
No. Maybe in a different sense however, a lot of harm has been done. We shall see what reaction we get on Sunday and thereafter.

Not sure how true it is but I’ve just been told the party was with the Women’s team to celebrate them winning the league

No. Maybe in a different sense however, a lot of harm has been done. We shall see what reaction we get on Sunday and thereafter.
I'm not disputing that which is why I made it abundantly clear that no harm had been done Covid wise.

Continually lambasting the players for this serves no purpose though other than creating a worse environment for them to try and perform in.

Any further punishment in terms of missing games, being transfered or sacked is only cutting our noses off to spite the face etc.

Any further punishment in terms of missing games, being transfered or sacked is only cutting our noses off to spite the face etc.

and then there's principles.

That said, I don't see anyone being sacked - not when they can be (or were going to be) flogged in the summer. The spreadsheet has bigger sway than either noses/faces or principles.

And we will obviously respect Morgan's image in his final months with the club. He's blotted his own copy book so no need for the club to do anything more.

Tbh, "drawing a line" is probably all the club can realistically do (in public anyway) - be that a good thing, a bad thing or simply a thing thing. Not sure I'd want to be any of the 5 on the training ground today though - it'll probably be icey to begin with and there'll be some serious apologising to be done (and humble pie) Heads down, keep it shut and get on with the job.

and then there's principles.

That said, I don't see anyone being sacked - not when they can be (or were going to be) flogged in the summer. The spreadsheet has bigger sway than either noses/faces or principles.

And we will obviously respect Morgan's image in his final months with the club. He's blotted his own copy book so no need for the club to do anything more.

Tbh, "drawing a line" is probably all the club can realistically do (in public anyway) - be that a good thing, a bad thing or simply a thing thing. Not sure I'd want to be any of the 5 on the training ground today though - it'll probably be icey to begin with and there'll be some serious apologising to be done (and humble pie) Heads down, keep it shut and get on with the job.
With any luck the idiots involved will hunker down and try to put in some great performances to get us into the final and to have a good showing in the league. Which means they're probably going to have a tantrum, flounce about doing **** all in these remaining games and try to leave the club in the summer.

Based on the stories we're seeing now it looks like Morgan was thankfully not one of the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566