Coxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Into what? It seems you've misunderstood what I said

The context of Steven's comment about Ron Noades was pretty clear. But because you're not old enough to remember what Noades said you didn't realise what it was about so you made an incorrect assumption about it being a general comment about racism.
There's nothing wrong with not being old enough to know stuff, as long as you're old enough to admit it and learn from your mistake. :icon_wink

The context of Steven's comment about Ron Noades was pretty clear. But because you're not old enough to remember what Noades said you didn't realise what it was about so you made an incorrect assumption about it being a general comment about racism.
There's nothing wrong with not being old enough to know stuff, as long as you're old enough to admit it and learn from your mistake. :icon_wink

So if mentioning Noades was in context, it can be assumed that bringing up the BNP was not. Unless John Tyndall said something about Paul Canoville's attitude to January fixtures that I'm unaware of?

Anyway, this striker problem - what are NP and MM going to do about it?

So if mentioning Noades was in context, it can be assumed that bringing up the BNP was not. Unless John Tyndall said something about Paul Canoville's attitude to January fixtures that I'm unaware of?

Anyway, this striker problem - what are NP and MM going to do about it?

The point being that a number of the "older posters" made reference to black players not being able to hack it in the winter as a piss take out of Ron Noades and those that think like him. By that measure it is not obscure and for those not old enough it serves as a reminder. :icon_wink

As a post script the crap Paul Canoville had to put up with at Chelski was ridiculous. :018: :icon_conf

Quite.

Maybe we can get back to the nob gags now....? I hear our Cox offer has been withdrawn...

i wonder whether cox has the stamina to last 90 mins more likely to be pulled off at half time

Maybe you're not old enough to remember, but it was big news at the time, certainly not obscure.

Way before my time all this Ron Noades stuff.... What the feck happened then? Sounds a bit like HTB.

Way before my time all this Ron Noades stuff.... What the feck happened then? Sounds a bit like HTB.

What happened was Ron Noades joined the BNP, who shortly afterwards released a statement saying that black players couldn't play in winter because it's never cold in Africa. Then everyone started calling them racist because of Ron Noades.

Interesting - i wonder what we were willing to pay? I always thought he'd cost 1.5 mil plus. Strikers aren't cheap so perhaps we were a bit deluded!!

A bid made to fail? So it can be claimed we were in for him, when in reality we knew we wouldn't get him.

Then the club can claim he wasn't committed to usand the wool gets pulled over our eyes once again :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566