Coxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every vote counts towards electing your nominated representative - you can't call your vote 'wasted' just because your favourite candidate didn't win :icon_roll

Doesn't answer the question. :icon_roll

It isn't a democracy. A party could get 35% of the votes (assuming just three parties) evenly distributed across the country, and get 100% of the seats. The current UK system depends on "heartlands" to work.

Actually the Irish system isn't too bad - still get lousy governments though!

Thank you Hector. :icon_wink

I remember Keith Weller in leg warmers.

I am sure he only played one match in them, you keep bringing this up as if he wore them all the time.
Boc will verify this. He wore them once in a FA cup match against Norwich.

I am sure he only played one match in them, you keep bringing this up as if he wore them all the time.

And once in The Dover Castle when they held a 'fun day'

I believe he wore them a number of times. I certainly remeber them vividly, it would be hard to believe it was only once.

SSN report Danny Wilson has hinted at some new signings by the end of next week.
Could mean a deal done/close for somebody regarding Cox?

Maybe you're not old enough to remember, but it was big news at the time, certainly not obscure.

I disagree. Not only are we talking about something that happened almost two decades ago, but this is also something that has been bettered or equalled since; in other words we have more recent and more relevant references, eg Ron Atkinson, Teddy Sheringham, Jade Goody. I always try to appreciate references such as the Ron Noades one for their obscurity. I find the more obscure the reference the funnier it is. A nod to the Black & White Minstrel Show, for example, or Warren Mitchell, always goes down a treat.

Yes. Very obscure.

I disagree. Not only are we talking about something that happened almost two decades ago, but this is also something that has been bettered or equalled since; in other words we have more recent and more relevant references, eg Ron Atkinson, Teddy Sheringham, Jade Goody. I always try to appreciate references such as the Ron Noades one for their obscurity. I find the more obscure the reference the funnier it is. A nod to the Black & White Minstrel Show, for example, or Warren Mitchell, always goes down a treat.

Yes. Very obscure.

People were talking about black players not playing well in winter.

That's not something Ron Atkinson said, or Jade Goody.

But it is what Ron Noades said when he was chairman of Crystal Palace (who had probably more black players than any club at the time).

So rather than being obscure it is a far more appropriate reference than the ones you mentioned.

People were talking about black players not playing well in winter.

That's not something Ron Atkinson said, or Jade Goody.

But it is what Ron Noades said when he was chairman of Crystal Palace (who had probably more black players than any club at the time).

So rather than being obscure it is a far more appropriate reference than the ones you mentioned.

These people should really learn to to argue with you Jeff!:icon_roll:icon_lol:

Dear Basil,

As Malf might have said "chill your beans". I think that the posts have been put up about Dyer to take the piss out of the Ron Noades and BNP way of thinking and I fervently believe that MOST posters on this forum support our players based on their perceived ability rather than any crap in those posts. :icon_wink

Not one mention of winter. In the context of the post, Ron Noades is an obscure reference.

Apology accepted in advance :icon_wink

You need to do some research, not just rely on the link Steven posted.

Into what? It seems you've misunderstood what I said, and as a consequence a throwaway comment has turned into a lengthy debate :bang:

Ok let's do this again: I was responding to the post in its context. That particular post did not mention winter. It was not specific to comments about black players in winter. It was, as far as I can tell, a more general comment about racism, in which context Ron Noades is an obscure reference. Granted, he may have been on some minds considering the previous direction the conversation had taken, but it's still obscure in the context of anti-black sentiment.

I hope that clears everything up :icon_bigg

Into what? It seems you've misunderstood what I said, and as a consequence a throwaway comment has turned into a lengthy debate :bang:

Ok let's do this again: I was responding to the post in its context. That particular post did not mention winter. It was not specific to comments about black players in winter. It was, as far as I can tell, a more general comment about racism, in which context Ron Noades is an obscure reference. Granted, he may have been on some minds considering the previous direction the conversation had taken, but it's still obscure in the context of anti-black sentiment.

I hope that clears everything up :icon_bigg

No, it doesn't; would you mind running that past me again please?

:tumbleweed:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572