Coxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't vote for the Prime Minister, that is not how a parliamentary democracy works

You vote for your local MP to represent your constituency in parliament - the sum of which then go on to form a Government etc.

I know how it works, the local vote has some effect on the overall outcome of the election, I know who will be representing the party I vote for if they do indeed win.

Dear All,

I do not post much on this forum, but i tend to browse to see what gossip there is about my beloved club.

I must say that some of the comments about Lloyd Dyer were slightly offensive because i too was born in this country, Highbury, London in '59 & of West Indian parentage.

Are we still living in 'the dark ages?'

NO PUN INTENDED!!!!!!!!!

Dear All,

I do not post much on this forum, but i tend to browse to see what gossip there is about my beloved club.

I must say that some of the comments about Lloyd Dyer were slightly offensive because i too was born in this country, Highbury, London in '59 & of West Indian parentage.

NO PUN INTENDED!!!!!!!!!

Lighten up!

(No pun intended)

:icon_bigg

Dear All,

NO PUN INTENDED!!!!!!!!!

I agree. I inadvertantly began it by pointing out that judging by his performances last season. Lloyd Dyer seemed to be a warm weather player. In no way was that intended to be racist. I would not have made that comment if I had known some of the posts that would follow.

The controversy I was trying to generate was over whether the priority should be getting players (wingers or midfield) to provide chances for Fryatt rather than another striker.

I agree. I inadvertantly began it by pointing out that judging by his performances last season. Lloyd Dyer seemed to be a warm weather player. In no way was that intended to be racist. I would not have made that comment if I had known some of the posts that would follow.

The controversy I was trying to generate was over whether the priority should be getting players (wingers or midfield) to provide chances for Fryatt rather than another striker.

racist :icon_wink

You don't vote for the Prime Minister, that is not how a parliamentary democracy works

You vote for your local MP to represent your constituency in parliament - the sum of which then go on to form a Government etc.

Tell me is everyone's vote of equal weight or are some votes "wasted" under our "democracy"? :102:

Dear All,

NO PUN INTENDED!!!!!!!!!

Dear Basil,

As Malf might have said "chill your beans". I think that the posts have been put up about Dyer to take the piss out of the Ron Noades and BNP way of thinking and I fervently believe that MOST posters on this forum support our players based on their perceived ability rather than any crap in those posts. :icon_wink

Tell me is everyone's vote of equal weight or are some votes "wasted" under our "democracy"? :102:

Every vote counts towards electing your nominated representative - you can't call your vote 'wasted' just because your favourite candidate didn't win :icon_roll

It isn't a democracy. A party could get 35% of the votes (assuming just three parties) evenly distributed across the country, and get 100% of the seats. The current UK system depends on "heartlands" to work.

Actually the Irish system isn't too bad - still get lousy governments though!

Agreed Hector, it's slightly more democratic. Trouble is though, whoever you vote for, the government always wins.

It isn't a democracy. A party could get 35% of the votes (assuming just three parties) evenly distributed across the country, and get 100% of the seats. The current UK system depends on "heartlands" to work.

This is very interesting. However, I am not sure whether it is an argument in favour of buying Cox or spending the money elsewhere.

This is very interesting. However, I am not sure whether it is an argument in favour of buying Cox or spending the money elsewhere.

He means there should be a long, drawn out and expensive judicial tribunal looking at whether or not Lloyd Dyer should be wearing leg-warmers, but that it should ultimately be decided by a ballot using single transferable vote proportional representation.

I think

He means there should be a long, drawn out and expensive judicial tribunal looking at whether or not Lloyd Dyer should be wearing leg-warmers, but that it should ultimately be decided by a ballot using single transferable vote proportional representation.

I think

I remember Keith Weller in leg warmers. If they cause Lloyd Dyer to play like Keith Weller they get my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669