Eduardo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody think it may just have been to do with the watershed? hence it being shown on MOTD late at night.

Lots of kids would've been watching at lunch time. If it were in a film, it would be rated up due to the gory (gorey/gorry?) content.

I can appreciate that not everybody watching it would have wanted to see it. especialy young children.

they show the crash, they cannot help that, but they always reserve some dignity for the driver. They didn't show you Senna in pieces did they, or Ronnie Peterson without his head.
So if you were at the game on Saturday, and had paid for a ticket to watch the game, you would have expected them to carry the bloke around the whole pitch on a stretcher so everybody good get a good gander at his leg? Well you have paid for your ticket.

1/ come on Bg, keep in context, eduardo didnt die did he?????!!!!!!
2/ no, i think we're all happy enuff to wait until we see it on telly.:110:
3/ i think the main point is, regardless of whats happened, sky customers pay alot of money to watch the sport channels, the bbc had no problems showing the injury in super slo mo on MOTD, which is free public channel, i would be pisssed off if i subscribed to SS and got censored.
4/ at the end of the day, people wanna see this kind of stuff, so they can form opinions and have long conversation like this. you cant protect the nation from nasty injurys, it happens. any way, calm down, its not like its your career thats fcuked

3/ i think the main point is, regardless of whats happened, sky customers pay alot of money to watch the sport channels, the bbc had no problems showing the injury in super slo mo on MOTD, which is free public channel, i would be pisssed off if i subscribed to SS and got censored.
4/ at the end of the day, people wanna see this kind of stuff, so they can form opinions and have long conversation like this. you cant protect the nation from nasty injurys, it happens. any way, calm down, its not like its your career thats fcuked

The point I ws trying to make!

Anybody think it may just have been to do with the watershed? hence it being shown on MOTD late at night.

Lots of kids would've been watching at lunch time. If it were in a film, it would be rated up due to the gory (gorey/gorry?) content.

I can appreciate that not everybody watching it would have wanted to see it. especialy young children.

see my point above

at a GP if I have paid for a ticket, and they are more than a footie match is, I want to see the corpse after a crash. I have paid my money I want to see it!
At a football match I have paid for a ticket and I want to see everything above and beyond a football match that I have paid to see. Why can we not hear what the ref says to players, I have paid to hear that.
On Sky I have paid to watch a football match, why can I not see into the dressing rooms at half time and hear what the managers are saying. I have paid and I need to see and hear that.

As for forming opinions, what opinions do you need to form? Its a broken leg a badly broken leg at that. who can disagree with that?

Was it not shown when MOTD is repeated the next morning at 8am then?

they had stills of the tackle on ssn last night and it showed the break...the tackle in itself didnt look that bad on first showing just very unfortunate

Sorry if this has already been writen. SSN reporting that Taylor has had death threats, as if the guy dosnt feel bad enough! Are football fans really this idiotic?

Sorry if this has already been writen. SSN reporting that Taylor has had death threats, as if the guy dosnt feel bad enough! Are football fans really this idiotic?

yes.

unbelievable its not as if he has killed someone is it :icon_roll on ssn it showed you taylors disciplinary record and it was only his 2nd red card of his whole career in about 250 games i think and has only had something like 6 yellows in total which is pretty astounding for a defender so he is hardly a thug defender and deserves the threats :icon_roll

yes they are very much so.

It makes you wonder if these threats have come as a result of seeing how bad the injury was through the media?
A broken leg is a broken leg, if they had not seen the pictures I doubt threats would have happened. Most people would have been shocked by what they saw and anger can take many different paths.
The tackle by the brum player was a freak accident. his record shows that he is not a dirty player.

Last edited:
Slavan Bilic has supported Taylor - its the Croatian fans who have made the threats apparently.

Didn't England fans give death threats to the Portugal ref? Muppets.

yes they are very much so.

It makes you wonder if these threats have come as a result of seeing how bad the injury was through the media?
A broken leg is a broken leg, if they had not seen the pictures I doubt threats would have happened. Most people would have been shocked by what they saw and anger can take many different paths.
The tackle by the brum player was a freak accident. his record shows that he is not a dirty player.

Which may well be a contributing factor to why Sky chose not to pay it again and again, didnt want to promote hysterior.

Im sure the guy regrets what hes done, and hes got to live with the fact he may have ruined someones career, not to mention the mental pictures of a bone sticking out of someones ankle because of something you have done. He needs as much support as Eduardo, not threats on his live.

Which may well be a contributing factor to why Sky chose not to pay it again and again, didnt want to promote hysterior.

Im sure the guy regrets what hes done, and hes got to live with the fact he may have ruined someones career, not to mention the mental pictures of a bone sticking out of someones ankle because of something you have done. He needs as much support as Eduardo, not threats on his live.

:038::038::038:

it proves we are not all ghouls, well posted BBB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573