En route

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just got to my mums home, 10 minutes ago, at last!!
I will be lodging a complaint with the Club about the incompetance of having 6 coaches and only one knowing the way and then said driver joining an already blocked motorway.

WTF is he doing on the M40 FFS? Does the driver know what he is doing?

Funnily enough it is a recommended route for that part of London.

M1/A43/M40 - then into central London on the West Way. Wouldn't use it myself though.

Funnily enough it is a recommended route for that part of London.

M1/A43/M40 - then into central London on the West Way. Wouldn't use it myself though.

Understandable - even after a downpour the water's a bit shallow for a narrow boat.

He's just got to my mums home, 10 minutes ago, at last!!
I will be lodging a complaint with the Club about the incompetance of having 6 coaches and only one knowing the way and then said driver joining an already blocked motorway.

Its the coach company at fault, not the club...

No taxi driver will take them as him and 3 others from Netherhall
are trying but they obviously think they'll run off without paying. They refused to talk to my wife who wamted to reassure him that he'd get his money

I would also complain to the taxi firm as well, I bet it was one of those muslim drivers!

BTW which taxi firm was it? We can all avoid them then.

Last edited:
Back now via a taxi. I did this option due to choice but it will have to be something similar for me to do it again.

For starters, there's six coaches and only one knows the way. So the rest follow which ****ed us leaving the ground cos we were in Croydon for a hour pissing about. There were other routes we could have took too but it was topped off when we past the M25 chock-a-block and the driver decided rather than going the other way round traffic free, we'd sit on the congested and closed side!'

Part of the problem is that Coach 1 always HAS to be at the front, we've had problems with them in the past where when we've been in the polic convoy on the way home they've tried to overtake us to be first in the convoy....cheeky sods!
Also remember coming back from Derby one season and on the dual carriageway on the way out we were just about to overtake them in the outside lane when the twat swerved over, our driver had to put the brakes on sharpish, luckily the coach behind us had seen that one swerve so was quick to react as well. There was no need for it and our driver complained to the coach company about it, as far as we know nowt was done though cos he was driving the next away away game.

So if he is a knobhead who doesn't know what he is doing, the other coach drivers won't 'take charge' anyhoo.
Times we've been in a convoy home with the FT ahead of us and we've peeled off and gone a different route, does depend who our driver is though.

Forget the journey back. I am cannot get over Ian's journey there.

I am fascinated by the decision to give up your seat. You sit there annoyed that a lady (as she turns out to be) sits opposite a football fan who is drinking beer and fails to smile at him or even talk to him.

Into this scenario come a family. The woman clearly proving she was a lady gives up her seat. The father then asks a beer drinking football fan if he would also give up his seat. How surprised that lady must have been when the football fan turned out to be a real gentleman.

May I suggest a different scenario. Were you sat in reserved seats?

It is quite possible the seats were reserved I suppose.

My journey back on the train was pretty painful with a load of pssed up old lushes singing abba songs.

No. it isn't.

I've found reserving seats to be a bit pointless in the past.

This family wanted to sit together and I thought fair enough at the time, just afterwards I was annoyed because they played the loudest game of I Spy ever. It appeared that concepts and feelings were allowed as well as anything you could actually 'spy'..

I'm wondering what the coaches are even doing on the M25. Access to Selhurst from the M25 is very difficult and the only sensible route from the M1 to the ground is straight through the centre of London.

I would disagree with that personally, you can get to the M23 quite easily from Selhurst and then on to the M25. You've only got to get to Purley.

Its the coach company at fault, not the club...

I realise that but I will be contacting the Club first and they need to know anyway as it is the Club that contract the firm involved,
I'm not happy either that they did not attempt to take some of them into the town centre, which in the circumstances I would have thought would have been a good idea.
My lad has just turned 17 and has never lived in Leicester and no doubt there were others possibly as young or even younger who were left to themselves after the coach arrived back at nearly 1-30am. Others may have had parents to pick them up but being 60+ miles away this wasn't an option.

This family wanted to sit together and I thought fair enough at the time, just afterwards I was annoyed because they played the loudest game of I Spy ever. It appeared that concepts and feelings were allowed as well as anything you could actually 'spy'..

What the hell is this all about?

If during a game of I spy, someone said 'I spy something begining with R' and it turned out to be regret or summink it wouldn't be allowed would it, because regret is an abstract noun and isn't a tangible object?

If during a game of I spy, someone said 'I spy something begining with R' and it turned out to be regret or summink it wouldn't be allowed would it, because regret is an abstract noun and isn't a tangible object?

Load of old bollocks is what it is. I bet the dad wears sandals.

This game of I Spy was going on and obviously on a train, the obvious ones quite easily get used up - seats, windows, trees, handle, door, people etc.

It then branched off it to a) objects that clearly weren't visible in or from the train b) spurious adjectives in front of words ie I spy something beginning with 's' - 'sparkly floor' - WTF? c) brands d) feelings (excitement was used - and this by the Dad).

You might wonder why I was listening but this game of I Spy was really loud.

Looking back on the whole travelling to and from Palace affair, that was definitely the better leg, the journey back involved feeling sick and listening to the Abba back catalogue courtesy of some women who had contrived to be drunker than I was.

I've found reserving seats to be a bit pointless in the past.

It would be pointless even trying to book a seat on the services you used on Saturday.

I would disagree with that personally, you can get to the M23 quite easily from Selhurst and then on to the M25. You've only got to get to Purley.

Why would you want to go right down to J7 of the M25 when it is shorter and quicker to travel through central London?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669