Eriksson handed £10m to land Heskey and Given

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

According to the Mirror Sven has been given (excuse the pun) £10m to buy these and other players one presumes. Should have the agents buzzing round like flies on shit.

Eriksson handed £10m

Will the madness never end?!

Cracking signings if this is true, I do feel Emile'd offer a lot in this league, but 10 million? Our club has been a black hole for investors cash in the last half a decade. Madness. Utter madness.

Im sure Loos/Thais will keep a tight control over finances and not pay "over the odds" for transfers ie Sge has only conducted one cash transfer? Bamber £250k hardly splashing cash! wages is another topic!(let them budget/sort it)

Im sure Loos/Thais will keep a tight control over finances and not pay "over the odds" for transfers ie Sge has only conducted one cash transfer? Bamber £250k hardly splashing cash! wages is another topic!(let them budget/sort it)

Who :102:

These owners seem too good to be true.

It's like we suffered the misery of three years of Mad Mandy in order to be worthy of them.

Little things keep mounting up to suggest that there is far more money behind them than appeared to be the case.

The extraordinary coup of bringing Real Madrid to the Walkers doesn't come cheap and is to be applauded. Similarly, when Paul Gallagher asked Top for a donation for his wife's charity walk in China expecting a couple of hundred quid, he gets a cheque for £20,000.

Heskey in the summer is almost to be expected. Picking up a marquee keeper will be a huge part of putting together something special. Given would be sensational. Whoever comes to join the revolution this summer will be exciting and potentially putting this club at a level we've never experienced.

This is developing into a great time to be a City fan in my opinion.

Heskey wouldn't suprise me too much really. He will leave Villa, and I don't think there would be loads of Prem interest in him now. I think he'd be a good signing though.

Given... even less likely as a permanent signing than a loan one. He'll most likely leave Man City, but can't see him taking the step down to the Champ. Why would he? Almost any Premier League club would be happy to sign him - probably including Arsenal and Man Utd. I know Man City didn't want to lose players to rivals, but I can't really see them having a choice here. They're going to need to make some money over the summer because of this new 'break even' clause coming in.

The article also says Sven will try to sign Yakubu and Kamara. Can you imagine the power of Yak and Heskey up front? Oof. Not sure they'd get that many goals though

The article also says Sven will try to sign Yakubu and Kamara. Can you imagine the power of Yak and Heskey up front? Oof. Not sure they'd get that many goals though

What do you base that on?

Yakubu's got 8 in 19 appearances for City. That's almost 1 goal every 2 games. Over the course of a full league season, that'd be around the 20 goal mark.

Given... even less likely as a permanent signing than a loan one. He'll most likely leave Man City, but can't see him taking the step down to the Champ. Why would he?

"Money money money, always money, it's a rich mans world..."

I've heard several interviews, including my own, when Sven has been asked if he has got an open cheque book, and everytime he starts with a smile and "Well...". I don't think many managers in England, let alone the Championship, would say anything but a quick no when asked that.

Obviously there's a limit for Sven too but I think we'll spend!

i just hope we dont get over priced for all the players which i can see happening. i hope we get naughton in on perm and mee and maybe yakubu, plus kamara lol i no thats about all them but full season they would tear it up. cant wait to put sky sports news on in the transfer market with svens new signings holding the shirt, good times to come champions next year. hopefully no martin keown's lol.

Young would probably have to give this a 90 out of 10 if it happened. It would be bigger news than world peace.

Not sure Heskey is really what we are looking for. I could be wrong.

There are a few other names in the championship who are scoring goals right now I wouldn't mind.

i just hope we dont get over priced for all the players which i can see happening. i hope we get naughton in on perm and mee and maybe yakubu, plus kamara lol i no thats about all them but full season they would tear it up. cant wait to put sky sports news on in the transfer market with svens new signings holding the shirt, good times to come champions next year. hopefully no martin keown's lol.

We have enough lols of our own without buying Martin Keone's.

Can't we put this in the bullshit/bollocks/arsebiscuit rumours thread ?

Mirror FFS :icon_roll

I've heard several interviews, including my own, when Sven has been asked if he has got an open cheque book, and everytime he starts with a smile and "Well...". I don't think many managers in England, let alone the Championship, would say anything but a quick no when asked that.

Obviously there's a limit for Sven too but I think we'll spend!

I have noticed that Sven seems to start a lot of his answers with ""Well........

Not just now but when he was England manager. I think he does it to think through the answer to the question and to make sure he doesn't open his mouth too soon and say something he might regret. Now there are plenty of managers who come under the latter category.

If Heskey had never played for city and was born elsewhere. Would the members of this forum still be as excited at the prospect of him signing in the summer? Do the members of this forum think he could still do a job for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566