Eriksson handed £10m to land Heskey and Given

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where exactly were we in the League with how many points when Sven arrived? :102: The truth of the matter is even with the players you describe we are only six points off a play off place and perhaps by the end of the season we might only fail by goal difference. :)

3rd bottom with eight points. :icon_razz

Everybody knows this is bullshit. My source says we are swapping three players and a sherbet dip for the entire Real Madrid squad after the friendly.

Crikey, I knew we probably had underlying sinister intentions. We are going to mug them. Nice work.

I dunno, if the owners are quite happy to splash £400k on a new pitch in two weeks then I can easily see them giving Sven the money he needs to get the players in to walk away with the league next season........

.....plans are always great BEFORE they are put into action, it when it all starts for real that it's never quite as easy as you hoped it would be!

imgres

According to the Mirror Sven has been given (excuse the pun) £10m to buy [Heskey] and other players

Never. Go. Back.

If Heskey had never played for city and was born elsewhere. Would the members of this forum still be as excited at the prospect of him signing in the summer? Do the members of this forum think he could still do a job for us?

Not all the forum is excited about the prospect.

i heard that muppet stringer
:081: Jebus.
saying signing vitor was unlikely due to the price that has been mentioned , does anyone know what the price is?
Why, are you offering to meet the shortfall?
Too many young and inexperienced loan players brought in from fashionable London clubs on terms that were allegedly incentivised to encourage their selection at the expense of better players
Not allegedly. Actually.

These owners seem too good to be true.

It's like we suffered the misery of three years of Mad Mandy in order to be worthy of them.

Little things keep mounting up to suggest that there is far more money behind them than appeared to be the case.

The extraordinary coup of bringing Real Madrid to the Walkers doesn't come cheap and is to be applauded. Similarly, when Paul Gallagher asked Top for a donation for his wife's charity walk in China expecting a couple of hundred quid, he gets a cheque for £20,000.

Heskey in the summer is almost to be expected. Picking up a marquee keeper will be a huge part of putting together something special. Given would be sensational. Whoever comes to join the revolution this summer will be exciting and potentially putting this club at a level we've never experienced.

This is developing into a great time to be a City fan in my opinion.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...son-friendly-for-1-million-article728322.html

again only in the Mirror but according to them £1million.

Too many young and inexperienced loan players brought in from fashionable London clubs on terms that were allegedly incentivised to encourage their selection at the expense of better players; Kamara a luxury brought in after the opportunity for promotion had gone except for in the eyes of the most deluded; wages on Ricardo who is another poor keeper duplicating the other poor keeper Weale; failure/ difficulty to bring in battle hardened defenders in January to shore up the defence for a promotion push.

I'm not saying doing better would have been easy. Far from it. But I think we can take for granted that Sven is getting a very serious remuneration package - and therefore there is every reason to expect better from him for next season.

I think this is what pisses me off about you and your posts so much. You moan whenever BG insults you, yet feel quite within your rights to insult half the members of the forum with snide comments like this. Just because your words aren't replaced with asterixes doesn't make you any less of a twat.

I think this is what pisses me off about you and your posts so much. You moan whenever BG insults you, yet feel quite within your rights to insult half the members of the forum with snide comments like this. Just because your words aren't replaced with asterixes doesn't make you any less of a twat.
asterix_postcard.jpg

Edit: Balls! :icon_lol:

Last edited:
I have noticed that Sven seems to start a lot of his answers with ""Well........

Not just now but when he was England manager. I think he does it to think through the answer to the question and to make sure he doesn't open his mouth too soon and say something he might regret. Now there are plenty of managers who come under the latter category.

It's a language thing as well, obviously, but you're right - he is very careful about what he says. I for one appreciate that, we've had people spouting all sorts of bollocks over the years... At least Sven sounds clever when he does that. :)

my wallpaper decorating chap said that Sven is going to get a starting eleven next year consisting of players who have all played the majority of this season for Premier League clubs...
HOWEVER, he is a Forest fan, so he is PROBABLY talking balls (see what i did there)...

Seduce me.

Why can't we all just get along?!

Especially if a wallpaperer in the Great Dalby area says that our team will consist of undisclosed Premier League players. I haven't been this excited since the Cruyff rumours.

Why can't we all just get along?!

Especially if a wallpaperer in the Great Dalby area says that our team will consist of undisclosed Premier League players. I haven't been this excited since the Cruyff rumours.

You havent lived :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670