Eriksson handed £10m to land Heskey and Given

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to enjoy the summer break from soccer because I found the speculation about transfers fascinating. However, these days I couldn't care less. It's up to the management and we'll make our judgements on players when we see them in action. It surprises me though that so many people say they know how much Sven has to spend and what the players are being paid!

I used to enjoy the summer break from soccer because I found the speculation about transfers fascinating. However, these days I couldn't care less. It's up to the management and we'll make our judgements on players when we see them in action. It surprises me though that so many people say they know how much Sven has to spend and what the players are being paid!

:018:

I think this is what pisses me off about you and your posts so much. You moan whenever BG insults you, yet feel quite within your rights to insult half the members of the forum with snide comments like this. Just because your words aren't replaced with asterixes doesn't make you any less of a twat.

Check out what Cameron said to Angela Eagles at Commons Question Time yesterday - you may find it helpful.

And no - there were no insults in my comments - and I wouldn't be capable of descending to your level anyway nor buying into the delusional stuff.

Heskey is a bust flush and would be a waste of money - and unfortunately Given will only move to another Premier League club or equivalent abroad. Am I right or am I right?

Where would you suggest Sven has failed to spend w*s*ly this season?

Bednar - Goodness me.

Kirkland - Good God.

Ricardo - Great for a bit of experience backstage, but to throw him in for no apparent reason and unsettle everything? WHY?

Kamara - Brought in when the playoffs were all but over and has failed to bring anything more than say... Dyer would have (and hes been crap himself)

Bruma - He wasnt needed, we had more than enough players in that position & playing him at every opportunity seems to have unsettled our defence.

Check out what Cameron said to Angela Eagles at Commons Question Time yesterday - you may find it helpful.

And no - there were no insults in my comments - and I wouldn't be capable of descending to your level anyway nor buying into the delusional stuff.

Heskey is a bust flush and would be a waste of money - and unfortunately Given will only move to another Premier League club or equivalent abroad. Am I right or am I right?

You don't think calling people "deluded" is offensive?

And no - there were no insults in my comments

Are you sure about that?

and I wouldn't be capable of descending to your level anyway

So you thought you'd get one in these comments then?

Who knows? Not me and I'd guess neither do you. Unless you are either of those two players or Sven himself.

P.S. Sorry for stealing your posting style BM, but it does make getting your point across a lot easier. :)

"soccer"??

Yes, soccer. It's an English word that is short for 'Association Football'. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it, it's what most of the world call football.

Yes, soccer. It's an English word that is short for 'Association Football'. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it, it's what most of the world call football.

Who else actually calls it Soccer apart from the Americans ? Don't the Irish too? I'm not doubting you it's just that I've heard this before, and it surprised me.

How? :102: It is like saying **** is derived from cuddly and wonderful. :102:

Soccer??

Who else actually calls it Soccer apart from the Americans ? Don't the Irish too? I'm not doubting you it's just that I've heard this before, and it surprised me.

Any country that has an alternative local football game will definitely use the term soccer. Ireland, America, Canada, Australia, off the top of my head. But it isn't just restricted to those countries.
It seems to me that it's just the English who find it somehow objectionable, which is strange considering it's a phrase that originates from England.

How? :102: It is like saying **** is derived from cuddly and wonderful. :102:

Are you being serious?

Okay, I'll humour you. 'Association' was shortened to 'Assoc' to distinguish it from the older code of Rugby football.
A century ago, if you'd talked about football in England, people would have assumed you were talking about Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669